• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a gesture of goodwill, Southwest named a row of seats after her.

Been doing this long enough now to see the slide from something I dreamed of doing all my life to something that is absolutely unbearable at times.  Dad flew for 28 years before me and both of my gran

No dog in the fight.  But the 480FS Wikipedia page has an awesome “Woke era to present write up.” never seen that before must be a new AF Historian.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

So this is bizarre. This dude is forced to work for a guy that inappropriately touched his wife, should have been fired for it, and wasn't? No wonder he is shutting down any sense of morale. He probably believes the AF really is a cess pool of misogyny at this point. 

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

What are all the possiblties here?

Was there a court case? Is someone guilty and someone innocent? Not sure what is going on here.

More pics maybe??

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

That was a moronic decision to target for his opinion piece. 

Especially when there are so many other legitimate things you could target about our lack of mission focus as China seems to strengthen theirs that have nothing to do with making it easier for pregnant service members to come to work every day. 

• Upvote 2

Aren't all flight suits "pregnancy friendly" due to Velcro? At least Belcro, a terrible 18 WSO could attest to that when he got a callsign for being Bingo Velcro...

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Let me say this first: I support diversity & inclusion. Some of the best officers and commanders I know aren't white males. Pick a race & sex combination and I've served with them. Personally, I'm also an advocate for girls in Boy Scouts of America and had all three of my daughters in BSA programs for the last decade...nothing against Girl Scouts, I just like the BSA programs (Boy Scouts, Venture Crews, Explorers) better.

Now...I think both sides have missed the point. POTUS was at the ceremony for the 2x women 4-Star Combatant Commander. Of course his speechwriter, like all speechwriters, was going to throw in something with wide-spectrum relevancy, so highlighting the pregnancy flightsuit and other uniform changes was on there. Based on the speed of government efficiency, I'm assuming that development started under the Trump administration. If you watch the entire segment, not just the Twitter clip, Tucker was making a comparison to China, which is going through the same issues the US is...and in a potential response, built up their navy to over 350 ships.

So Tucker, an opinion show, missed the point and tried to connect two data points that aren't directly obvious to fit his particular narrative. Who at MSNBC, CNN, print media hasn't done that?

But...so did SecDef and the rest of the Senior Military Leaders who commented. Or at least over-reacted IMO. It seemed like thy were punching down to me, and I'm not sure they would have been better off keeping their powder dry...but the reaction above "Fuck this elite, pandering piece of trash" seems to be the GO#1 for both sides of the aisle. Everyone has their Ego involved and no one is willing to realize they aren't 100% correct. Critical thinking has been abandoned. 

Again, this is just my opinion, but by responding so aggressively to this Tucker story, it's made it emotional on both sides of the argument. Every advancement for diversity in the ranks will be met with comparisons to China's growing military power. Every question will in-turn be viewed through the lens of regressive, "Neanderthal" thinking and disregarded and attacked.

A question for the SecDef, @17D_guy, and every one who agrees with him...did you have as much vitriol over RPA crews being called "baby killers" when they were listed as killing 1,700 civilians/400 kids? 

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/us-has-killed-thousands-people-lethal-drones#:~:text=According to the Bureau of,400 of whom were children.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, GKinnear said:

Let me say this first: I support diversity & inclusion. Some of the best officers and commanders I know aren't white males. Pick a race & sex combination and I've served with them. Personally, I'm also an advocate for girls in Boy Scouts of America and had all three of my daughters in BSA programs for the last decade...nothing against Girl Scouts, I just like the BSA programs (Boy Scouts, Venture Crews, Explorers) better.

Now...I think both sides have missed the point. POTUS was at the ceremony for the 2x women 4-Star Combatant Commander. Of course his speechwriter, like all speechwriters, was going to throw in something with wide-spectrum relevancy, so highlighting the pregnancy flightsuit and other uniform changes was on there. Based on the speed of government efficiency, I'm assuming that development started under the Trump administration. If you watch the entire segment, not just the Twitter clip, Tucker was making a comparison to China, which is going through the same issues the US is...and in a potential response, built up their navy to over 350 ships.

So Tucker, an opinion show, missed the point and tried to connect two data points that aren't directly obvious to fit his particular narrative. Who at MSNBC, CNN, print media hasn't done that?

But...so did SecDef and the rest of the Senior Military Leaders who commented. Or at least over-reacted IMO. It seemed like thy were punching down to me, and I'm not sure they would have been better off keeping their powder dry...but the reaction above "Fuck this elite, pandering piece of trash" seems to be the GO#1 for both sides of the aisle. Everyone has their Ego involved and no one is willing to realize they aren't 100% correct. Critical thinking has been abandoned. 

Again, this is just my opinion, but by responding so aggressively to this Tucker story, it's made it emotional on both sides of the argument. Every advancement for diversity in the ranks will be met with comparisons to China's growing military power. Every question will in-turn be viewed through the lens of regressive, "Neanderthal" thinking and disregarded and attacked.

A question for the SecDef, @17D_guy, and every one who agrees with him...did you have as much vitriol over RPA crews being called "baby killers" when they were listed as killing 1,700 civilians/400 kids? 

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/us-has-killed-thousands-people-lethal-drones#:~:text=According to the Bureau of,400 of whom were children.

It's almost like we can respect women and recognize that pregnancy doesn't mean we should boot people out of the military, AND prepare to fight china at the same time.

I appreciate our senior leaders jumping on this right away and setting the tone for everyone under them...that treating our female colleague as "other" or "less than" when they get pregnant is unacceptable.

• Like 1
Warhawk problem solved...knew I could count on Spang leadership to fix the glitch. 

Just going to leave this hanging? Details man, dammit we need details!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

I’m curious if he got canned because he followed the AF party line of “max respect and inclusion” or if it was the rumored IG investigation that was going on prior to all of this coming to light.

1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

I’m curious if he got canned because he followed the AF party line of “max respect and inclusion” or if it was the rumored IG investigation that was going on prior to all of this coming to light.

Do tell... Can't just drop a bomb like this and walk away like nothing happened...