The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

A large part of me wants Trump to win just to beat the damn system.  He is an ass.  That is for sure.  But, he’s been attacked at every turn for years, often with fabricated stories and complete falsehoods. I’d love to see him continue to take on everything that I see that is wrong with our government and media.  I despise the elites and their double standards in this country to my core.  He’s the only one I see who is fully in the ring with them.  I would like to see him win.  And I would like to see things change.  

And then what if he wins?  We get an even bigger ass with a bigger, louder chip on his shoulder.  We get the other side who will become even more unhinged and desperate to ruin anything and everything he does.  Not seeing any of that outweighs my desire to see him win the next election.  

At this point, I want to see him beat the system in court.  Not in politics. 

I like Ramaswamy.  I’ve been listening to a lot of what he has to say.  He’s certainly refreshing and isn’t part of the system.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lloyd christmas said:

A large part of me wants Trump to win just to beat the damn system.  He is an ass.  That is for sure.  But, he’s been attacked at every turn for years, often with fabricated stories and complete falsehoods. I’d love to see him continue to take on everything that I see that is wrong with our government and media.  I despise the elites and their double standards in this country to my core.  He’s the only one I see who is fully in the ring with them.  I would like to see him win.  And I would like to see things change.  

And then what if he wins?  We get an even bigger ass with a bigger, louder chip on his shoulder.  We get the other side who will become even more unhinged and desperate to ruin anything and everything he does.  Not seeing any of that outweighs my desire to see him win the next election.  

I like Ramaswamy.  I’ve been listening to a lot of what he has to say.  He’s certainly refreshing and isn’t part of the system.  

I was all about trump and the 'change' i hoped he would bring to DC.  He got in and not much if anything really changed.  Naïve of me.  I like Vik because he can have conversations with full sentences and put reporters and others in their place without emotion.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

Are what ifs open? What if trump told all of his supporters he’s not going to run, he endorses Desantis or Vivek, and he goes after the corrupt establishment as a “civilian” while Desantis or Vivek goes after it as a politician. The team up for a 2-pronged attack would be awesome…but instead trump is an egotistical asshat who just can’t think beyond himself. He could do a lot of good for this country from outside DC, but he can’t see that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

He's not beating the Feds, homie. Even if he was elected POTUS and pardoned himself, which will happen, he's still on the hook for the state charges. Between Trump and Biden looks like South Park got it right with the Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich episode.

• Upvote 2

Why do you want Trump to be your knight in shit armor?  He ain't it, man.  Find someone else.  Be like the people that liked Hootie and the Blowfish or Nickelback on Monday, then hated 'em by Friday.

We rightfully chastise Biden for dicking up the role of Commander in Chief.  Trump dicked it up too.  To me, it's like trump took a shit on your doorstep, rang your doorbell, took your American flag, wiped his ass with it, and dropped it at your feet, ask you what are you gonna do about it, flips you double birds, and walks off.

And that is who you want back in office?

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Are what ifs open? What if trump told all of his supporters he’s not going to run, he endorses Desantis or Vivek, and he goes after the corrupt establishment as a “civilian” while Desantis or Vivek goes after it as a politician. The team up for a 2-pronged attack would be awesome…but instead trump is an egotistical asshat who just can’t think beyond himself. He could do a lot of good for this country from outside DC, but he can’t see that. 

Here's a what-if that I think Trump is too egotistical for...he campaigns deep into the primary. All the dems focus their attacks on Trump. Then at some point he just drops and and endorses someone (probably Vivek given how similar the talking points are).

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, pawnman said:

Here's a what-if that I think Trump is too egotistical for...he campaigns deep into the primary. All the dems focus their attacks on Trump. Then at some point he just drops and and endorses someone (probably Vivek given how similar the talking points are).

Interesting thought…possible, but unlikely. 

7 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Words …… Trump dicked it up too.  To me, it's like trump assessed our current condition and against most elected and appointed bureaucratic officials preemptive blocking, established relative peace in the Middle East, took measures to gain energy independence, established fairer trade deals in Asia, encouraged US companies to bring tech and manufacturing home, appointed constitutional  jurist to federal courts, with varying degrees of success - conducted peaceful dialogue with a few rogue nations, stopped catering to the UN’s every silly cause with a strong UN ambassador, considerably shored up the U.S.’ Southern border, helped establish low unemployment while fostering an economy that was firing on most cylinders, low inflation numbers, demanded the world pay a bit more of their share for US assured world peace, (other things I’m forgetting) … then he took a shit on your doorstep, rang your doorbell, …(disagree with this section of your rant) … flips you double birds, and walks off.

And that is who you want back in office?

Not really, but over anything the left offers, I’d take Trump.

I’d love an actual conservative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

I would actually really like to see the system work, the way it would work against you or me if we stored classified docs in our bathrooms and then bragged about it on tape. 

Or next to an old corvette easily accessible to crackheads. 

You've built up this vague  "system" boogeyman as a sort of foil to trump where any threat to him is just another unjustified attack that he needs to vanquish. Have there been unjustified attacks? Of course. But trump has also dug his own hole in very historic and spectacular fashion. 

• Upvote 5

If the system worked, we’d probably be seeing trump, multiple Bidens and Clintons, Obama, McConnell, Fauci, etc. all swinging lunch trays at each other in a prison chow hall. If voters just admitted to themselves all of these people are crooks, we’d be better off. However, it is also logically undeniable that the current system (which includes MSM) is heavily targeting political opponents. And that’s what pisses people off. If Fauci and Hunter were going through multiple indictments right now, many people would cool their jets on what’s happening to trump, because at least justice was being administered evenly across the spectrum. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

All this discussion about voting choices, what are people leaning towards voting in another year? 

Personally if Trump is the nominee I will be voting third party. I checked the container next to him twice and won’t do it again. And I sure as hell won’t vote for anyone the left is currently offering up. Now I also live in a deep red state that will go for Trump regardless, so that makes my decision a little easier in terms of potential third party ramifications.

I weep for those of you in swing states if the choice ends up Trump vs Biden (or other wacko leftist).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

All this discussion about voting choices, what are people leaning towards voting in another year? 

3rd party all the way no matter if you're in a swing state or not.  It's the only way we escape this broken two-party race to either extreme

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

Personally if Trump is the nominee I will be voting third party. I checked the container next to him twice and won’t do it again. And I sure as hell won’t vote for anyone the left is currently offering up. Now I also live in a deep red state that will go for Trump regardless, so that makes my decision a little easier in terms of potential third party ramifications.

I weep for those of you in swing states if the choice ends up Trump vs Biden (or other wacko leftist).

As far as I am concerned, outside being a noble gesture, a third-party vote is a waste.

I hope Trump doesn't run on the Republican ticket, but if it ends up being him vs. Biden, I'll hold my nose and vote for the Orange Man as he's far better for our economy that the confused old guy wandering into walls.

It boils down to the fact that Trump has a few positive attributes (the aforementioned economic acumen, an America-first attitude, and that's about all I can think of at this point in the afternoon), whereas Biden has absolutely zero qualities I want in a president.

I will admit to being spoiled, as the first presidential election I participated in had Ronald Reagan as a candidate.   That was an easy choice!

Reagan.thumb.jpg.2796fbe79ecef94af5a7df33fb37caff.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Pooter said:

3rd party all the way no matter if you're in a swing state or not.  It's the only way we escape this broken two-party race to either extreme

It will do nothing to solve the 2 party problem. I get it, you feel better about it, but your feelings don’t move the needle a single bit. I want 2 party to go away also, but I don’t have a good answer for how to do that. I do know me taking a “feel good” trip on the 3rd party road doesn’t do shit to fix it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, brabus said:

It will do nothing to solve the 2 party problem. I get it, you feel better about it, but your feelings don’t move the needle a single bit. I want 2 party to go away also, but I don’t have a good answer for how to do that. I do know me taking a “feel good” trip on the 3rd party road doesn’t do shit to fix it. 

Neither does voting for establishment candidates. 

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Neither does voting for establishment candidates. 

The rub in the current system, while extremely irritating, is a vote for one is an active vote against the other. At least you’re actively countering the worst of the two choices vs. making no difference at all, or indirectly helping the worst candidate win (depending on which one wins and who you consider the worst of the two).

We all despise being forced into a lesser of two evils situation, and hope for a different situation in the future, but abstaining for voting for either in said situation is not a solution. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brabus said:

The rub in the current system, while extremely irritating, is a vote for one is an active vote against the other. At least you’re actively countering the worst of the two choices vs. making no difference at all, or indirectly helping the worst candidate win (depending on which one wins and who you consider the worst of the two).

We all despise being forced into a lesser of two evils situation, and hope for a different situation in the future, but abstaining for voting for either in said situation is not a solution. 

Nope. I'll either vote 3rd party or not at all. I have not seen anything that convinces me that, despite all their rhetoric, Republicans and democrats are actually that far apart on a national level.

Voting in the next election isn't going to solve anything. There will be no candidates that are middle of the road that could actually undo the fracture within our society. The outcome is going to be one thing: one group will lose big time, and the other group will hold the reigns of power for four years. Our current cultural moment is one in which when one party wins, the other loses. We are not going to have a candidate that is going to offer any middle ground. Your vote isn't going to change that most basic fact. It didn't always used to be that way, either.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, kaputt said:

Same