World War III Updates

gearhog

Even when ALL The current satellites are blasted into a cloud of debris …. Space is still a surprisingly empty place. Even in orbit. Even with everything turning into garbage. 

it’s not an insurmountable problem to solve. Satellite debris won’t be so thick it blocks out the sun. 

it’s meh overall 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, uhhello said:

What I don't get is this supposed 'new threat'.  I'm not a smart man but hasn't it been possible for many many years to put a warhead on an ICBM and detonate near LEO?  Someone make this new threat make sense

Let's not overthink this. Russia bad. We need to keep funding the war machine.

What I don't get is this supposed 'new threat'.  I'm not a smart man but hasn't it been possible for many many years to put a warhead on an ICBM and detonate near LEO?  Someone make this new threat make sense

It’s not a new threat, or even the key development of ASAT tech… but it is an election year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Gaza's population concentration is said to be about 14,000 people per square mile.

We should help them by doing a CDS airdrop there without an established DZ. Maybe we should go back to dropping the "aid" in the ocean.

https://x.com/InsiderWorld_1/status/1766061321550762100?s=20

https://x.com/MilitaryPOV/status/1766068960263344501?s=20

Edited by gearhog

4 hours ago, gearhog said:

Gaza's population concentration is said to be about 14,000 people per square mile.

We should help them by doing a CDS airdrop there without an established DZ. Maybe we should go back to dropping the "aid" in the ocean.

https://x.com/InsiderWorld_1/status/1766061321550762100?s=20

https://x.com/MilitaryPOV/status/1766068960263344501?s=20

This is why you don't drop it from C-17's using hi-v chutes.   The mission planner should get choked out for that.  They're too worried about coming back with a bullet hole in their precious budda.  Hell, the crew probably gets decorated for this drop.   It's like we didn't spend a decade dropping shit in afghanistan and learning all those lessons (A: Don't let C-17's drop it, and B: use low-v chutes if you don't want to kill unaware people and break the shit you're dropping).

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FourFans said:

This is why you don't drop it from C-17's using hi-v chutes.   The mission planner should get choked out for that.  They're too worried about coming back with a bullet hole in their precious budda.  Hell, the crew probably gets decorated for this drop.   It's like we didn't spend a decade dropping shit in afghanistan and learning all those lessons (A: Don't let C-17's drop it, and B: use low-v chutes if you don't want to kill unaware people and break the shit you're dropping).

Choke the mission planner or DIRMOBFOR?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

The “West” aka the United States.  Right now it doesn’t appear that the rest of Europe is willing to do anything aggressive to assist Ukraine, which tells me that they’re really not that concerned.  It’s like I tell people about “climate change”—when the progressives start moving away in droves from the expensive cities on the water, then I’ll be concerned.

• Like 1

Not a mobility guy but what’s the elevator speech of who is responsible for what in an airdrop? Who rigs the chutes, QC’s them, etc? AC ultimately responsible for that or not?

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

Not a mobility guy but what’s the elevator speech of who is responsible for what in an airdrop? Who rigs the chutes, QC’s them, etc? AC ultimately responsible for that or not?

User initially rigs the load in their shop.  A before loading JAI -Joint Airdrop Inspection is completed at that time and before its at the aircraft.  The loadmasters flying the mission load and rig what needs done on the aircraft.  An additional JAI is completed after it’s done. The JAI completing the inspection on the aircraft works with the loads  flying to complete the process.  The JAI typically doesn’t fly on the aircraft and is definitely not primary crew.  Lots of signatures on the JAI form to ensure it is correct.  There are certain things the loads can’t see such as the guts of the parachute.  You have to assume it was packed properly.  
These are CDS drops.  Kind of hard to screw up if you know what you’re doing.  

• Thanks 1

From what I have read and seen mentioned here is the type of 'rigs' used in this drop were throw-away chutes and have a high failure rate.  

It’s ok, the Palestinian Health Authority will still report them as “Killed by Zionist Aggression.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Most DZ Surveys have a blurb on them that states "Supported unit commander accepts responsibility for damage to equipment, property, and/or injury to personnel on and around the DZ."  So if I drop a bundle that lands on the DZ and it crushes some poor solider/HUMVEE/civilian that happens to be running towards an aid bundle, that not on me.  If I toss a bundle off DZ and it's something I screwed up, and it hits something bad, that's the fault of the crew.  An Air Drop Review Panel (bod bomb board) investigates, will figure out what happened, and assigned responsibility as required.

44 minutes ago, uhhello said:

From what I have read and seen mentioned here is the type of 'rigs' used in this drop were throw-away chutes and have a high failure rate.  

Looking at the video it looked like LCHV or Low-Cost High Velocity chutes.  Them and their cousin Lost-Cost Low Velocity were developed during Afghanistan due to the high numbers of airdrops we were conducting.  They're basically a trash bag factory chute that's plopped on top of a pre-formed container; they do have a high failure rate compared to other types of chutes (though I've personally never had one burn in, I've had lots of LCLV fail).  All of the container and rigging materials are thrown away after airdrop unlike a standard CDS where most things are reused.

I've dropped LCHV around half a dozen times in Afghanistan and Syria; they're actually pretty good at going where they're supposed to (at least in my experience and unlike LCLV, which can blow all over the place) but you wouldn't want to be anywhere near where they're landing.  I think the Rate of Fall on them is around 60 feet/second, which is screaming in for a bundle.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

User initially rigs the load in their shop.  A before loading JAI -Joint Airdrop Inspection is completed at that time and before its at the aircraft.  The loadmasters flying the mission load and rig what needs done on the aircraft.  An additional JAI is completed after it’s done. The JAI completing the inspection on the aircraft works with the loads  flying to complete the process.  The JAI typically doesn’t fly on the aircraft and is definitely not primary crew.  Lots of signatures on the JAI form to ensure it is correct.  There are certain things the loads can’t see such as the guts of the parachute.  You have to assume it was packed properly.  
These are CDS drops.  Kind of hard to screw up if you know what you’re doing.  

That's how the USAF does it. Wonder how UAE does it.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:30 PM, arg said:

That's how the USAF does it. Wonder how UAE does it.

My question is, how many of their personnel are actually Emiratis, and not just contractor expats?

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 9:51 AM, Clayton Bigsby said:

My question is, how many of their personnel are actually Emiratis, and not just contractor expats?

I imagine them all to be TCNs with mouth breathing tendencies and wandering left eyes.  

They will pretend to be outraged at the Jewish "atrocities" but they don't like the Palestinians much more than Israel does.  I would bet they are relatively unconcerned about the chutes not opening as long as they can pretend they're helping.

They will pretend to be outraged at the Jewish "atrocities" but they don't like the Palestinians much more than Israel does.  I would bet they are relatively unconcerned about the chutes not opening as long as they can pretend they're helping.

I’m honestly surprised they even wasted the chutes and didn’t just Yeet the stuff off the ramp like candy at a 4th of July parade.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lawman said:

I’m honestly surprised they even wasted the chutes and didn’t just Yeet the stuff off the ramp like candy at a 4th of July parade.

It’s called a speedball, and the Afghan AF nearly (probably) killed people like that.  I watched them toss an A3 bag full of boots off DZ in Badakhshan into a house.