World War III Updates

gearhog

1 hour ago, gearhog said:

Horrific scenes from a hospital in Gaza now. It was hit by a missile.

Estimates of 500 to 800 civilian refugees killed in the blast.

Abbas said it was an Israeli airstrike. Israel said a Hamas rocket failed.  This is definitely going to kick things up a notch.

When judging truth I tend to lean towards the side that does not machine gun and behead babies, but that is just me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Whether this was an errant Israeli missile, or a Hamas one, Hamas knows its audience and how to manipulate social media far better than the west can.  I expect far more of these "atrocities" to be broadcast as this war continues.  What saddens me is how our media falls hook, line and sinker for the propaganda from the terrorists. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

When judging truth I tend to lean towards the side that does not machine gun and behead babies, but that is just me.

You’d be correct. Footage from several angles, including an Al-Jazeera feed, show a failed rocket launch from Gaza. 

https://x.com/manniefabian/status/1714377828131553446?s=46

Edited by gearhog

Jordan cancels Biden's visit. Biden's visit with Egypt and Palestinian leadership also cancelled today.

Iran embassy in Syria tells Israel "Time is Up" as Iranian foreign minister flies to Jeddah for emergency meeting with Saudi government.

Edit: UN sanctions on Iran for the purchase and sale of ballistic missile and long range drones expired 3 hours ago. They are now free to provide weapons to Hamas, Hezbollh, Russia, etc.

US embassy in Beirut attacked. British and French embassy in Tehran attacked. Israeli embassy in Turkey and Jordan attacked.

Large protests in Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, Iraq, Iran, Qatar, Kuwait, Turkey, Yemen, and Canada.

Meanwhile, the sharks are circling.

https://x.com/jenniferzeng97/status/1714343936204878261?s=20

Nice work, Joe.

Edited by gearhog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StoleIt said:

As more and more information comes out, including from POTUS, that it wasn't the IDF who bombed the hospital in Gaza...at least Rashida is keeping up with her pro-Hamas talking points:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/tearful-rashida-tlaib-doubles-down-on-blaming-israel-biden-for-gaza-hospital-attack-and-genocide-at-d-c-rally/

She needs to burka up and head over there. Talk is cheap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dream big said:

I’ll never for the life of me understand the intersectionality between the LGBTQ movement and radical Islam. More proof that leftists are brainwashed and incapable of critical thought. 

Power dynamics. The entire liberal philosophy has been pushed aside in favor of a simple hatred for hierarchies and those at the top.

Since the top of most hierarchies (most, not *all*) in America are white Christian males, then the reflex is to side with whoever isn't one of those.

It works great until you get into conflicts between two groups that are both lower on the totem pole. Sometimes it's easy to tell who has more power in the match up, and therefore who is the villain:

Man vs woman - man bad

White man vs White woman - White Man bad

White woman vs Black Man - white woman bad

Black woman vs Black gay woman - black woman bad

Black Man vs gay Man - uh... Hmmm.

Muslim man vs lesbian woman - well... It's...

Trans woman vs lesbian woman - oh boy.

But once you realize the foundation of the philosophy is simply "power bad," you start to understand it, and you can predict the position they will take with perfect accuracy. It's a philosophy built from jealousy and guilt, but remember that the jealousy is always stronger than the guilt. That's why wealthy liberals will decry school voucher programs, but still send their kids to private school. 

Well I'm not going to let my kids fall behind while we fix the problem......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, kaputt said:

IMG_9662.png.ee28f83376cc4e3a19c22a7f7735d4de.png

Now that is some blissful ignorance. 

Looks like they could only muster up four queers for that protest.  Most of the people behind them appear to be confused muslims.  

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Power dynamics. The entire liberal philosophy has been pushed aside in favor of a simple hatred for hierarchies and those at the top.

This.   

Its fucking comical how predictable the left "protesters" are.  Its like a bunch of children doing the exact opposite of their parents to be "cool".  They have no idea how much they love freedom.   Try that shit in the Middle East.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biff_T said:

It's like a bunch of children doing the exact opposite of their parents to be "cool".

This is a good observation and also a great reason to generally ignore ignorant student protests. It's a tale as old as time to be against "the system" and "whatever your parents think." Literally every generation since the dawn of time has done this, and predictably most people become a bit more reasonable when their brains finish forming.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

This is a good observation and also a great reason to generally ignore ignorant student protests. It's a tale as old as time to be against "the system" and "whatever your parents think." Literally every generation since the dawn of time has done this, and predictably most people become a bit more reasonable when their brains finish forming.

...but what happens when no one tells them they are being stupid?  (They become lawyers and politicians...)

10 hours ago, raimius said:

...but what happens when no one tells them they are being stupid?  (They become lawyers and politicians...)

Exactly. Conservatives thought for decades that they didn't need to engage with this nonsense because it wouldn't survive a week in the real world. The business environment would crush whatever college nonsense the students had picked up.

But it didn't work that way, the students forced their nonsense onto the corporate world, and now every major corporation in America has a DEI department. The pendulum is starting to swing in the other direction, but only after a complete takeover of the political and corporate world by this neo-marxist nonsense.

I'm still a little conflicted on Bill Ackman jumping into the funny farm and going after the job offers of college students, but it might be the right amount of punishment for some of the absurdist shit that college kids believe they are free to say with impunity. If anything, that's the biggest lesson they need to learn, that opening your mouth almost always has consequences.

I used to complain a lot that high school doesn't set anyone up for the real world, but now that college has just become high school part 2, we're sending 22-year-olds out into the world with absolutely no idea what they should be doing, as opposed to just 18-year-olds. The entire education system needs a reboot.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Exactly. Conservatives thought for decades that they didn't need to engage with this nonsense because it wouldn't survive a week in the real world. The business environment would crush whatever college nonsense the students had picked up.

But it didn't work that way, the students forced their nonsense onto the corporate world, and now every major corporation in America has a DEI department. The pendulum is starting to swing in the other direction, but only after a complete takeover of the political and corporate world by this neo-marxist nonsense.

I'm still a little conflicted on Bill Ackman jumping into the funny farm and going after the job offers of college students, but it might be the right amount of punishment for some of the absurdist shit that college kids believe they are free to say with impunity. If anything, that's the biggest lesson they need to learn, that opening your mouth almost always has consequences.

I used to complain a lot that high school doesn't set anyone up for the real world, but now that college has just become high school part 2, we're sending 22-year-olds out into the world with absolutely no idea what they should be doing, as opposed to just 18-year-olds. The entire education system needs a reboot.

Hense if students want a job in the real world they need to specialize in Human Resources, when I enlisted in 1980 I cannot remember if we even had a social actions office. Most AFSC's were male only and we were free to be the uncouth slobs we were born to be. 

Edited by Prosuper
grammer

21 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Literally every generation since the dawn of time has done this, and predictably most people become a bit more reasonable when their brains finish forming.

Agree, and a great reason why we shouldn't lower the voting age to 16.... as one of the parties is trying to do 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 5:16 PM, tac airlifter said:

Agree, and a great reason why we shouldn't lower the voting age to 16.... as one of the parties is trying to do 

Not rational enough to be responsible for student loans, but responsible enough to steer the country...

Edited by pawnman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

So you’re not mature enough to make an informed decision to smoke now until 21 because nanny state, can still enlist and get killed in a foreign land at 18, but you can make a rational informed decision about the future of the country at 16…brilliant…what were we saying about mental disorders?