What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

10 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

It's always been this way... even if it went unenforced for a few years. 

Is having to stay on base that big of a deal?

There's a lot of big shit wrong in the AF.  This is unnecessary noise. 

angry-birds.gif

DAYUM...next Huggy will be measuring socks at the DFAC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

Problem is probably the standard everywhere else, the wrong persons pockets are getting lined and someone doesn't like it.  

This

21 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

It's always been this way... 

As I got older, when some shoe clerk said that, I would ask

"How far back does your always go? Because mine goes back pretty far"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe you could pitch staying at a crash pad in the context of Agile Combat Employment and sell it like the dispersed basing of aircraft.  When war with China kicks off isn't the Red Shit Dumpster River Inn full of upgrading MAF pilots exactly what they're going to be aiming the hypersonics at?

Why put all your eggs in one basket when you can diversify.. and have hot tubs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Pooter said:

//

Why put all your eggs in one basket when you can diversify.. and have hot tubs 

image.thumb.png.98de5b4b2e4ddd3f6babf10a93bcc23b.png

Someone feels like *they're pregnant!

Edited by Swizzle
Correctable to 100%

On 9/30/2023 at 3:02 AM, Boomer6 said:

“It’s always been that way” is the main response most of us have heard when we’ve questioned some archaic non-sensical policy required by the AF. Usually, it’s offered up by some schlubby TSgt at finance explaining why my voucher wasn’t paid out on time.

Reasons I’ve not been required to use base lodging in the past: it’s full of asbestos (x2), bedbug infestation (x3), the building was condemned (x3), the water is brown, black mold etc. All of these items were of course promptly fixed, followed by an almost identical memo above, before once again another memo was issued stating the opposite, because aforementioned issues weren’t in fact fixed. No idea where that $50 mil repair budget went though..

It’s unnecessary to pay Hilton nightly rates for Red Roof Inn levels of accommodation, especially when I can use the same money to stay somewhere that won’t add to my VA claim. All of this so DoD can get a kickback.

Apologies for the diatribe. I’ll get off your lawn now, although your lawn is probably a cleaner place to stay than base lodging.. 

Hampton in Altus is worse than on base. Holiday Inn Express is the only okay hotel in town. 

5 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Hampton in Altus is worse than on base. Holiday Inn Express is the only okay hotel in town. 

Probably why the crash pad market is booming there. 

Also I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel either for a long term TDY. I want somewhere with a kitchen so I can buy and cook my own food. Hot tubs and pool tables and PlayStations are nice but a kitchen is the #1 quality of life thing I look for on any TDY longer than about a month. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:21 PM, Pooter said:

Maybe you could pitch staying at a crash pad in the context of Agile Combat Employment and sell it like the dispersed basing of aircraft.  

That’s actually genius bro.

Interesting story relayed to me by NWC Dean: when the USSR fell a brief period of candor existed between our militaries and we sent various folks to Moscow who, among other things, got to read Soviet war plans.  Anyway, they assessed certain NATO (non-US) fighter units as particularly troublesome in the event of a Fulda Gap scenario so the Soviets developed an unconventional solution: send Spetsnaz pre-invasion to murder them.  Small commando teams burning down apartment buildings full of SQ pilots and families would neuter their combat effectiveness without jeopardizing the lesser skilled Soviet Air Forces.  

so yea, for OPSEC you should stay in a random AirBnB on every TDY.  It’s worth a shot  🇺🇸

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 10/4/2023 at 8:56 AM, tac airlifter said:

That’s actually genius bro.

Interesting story relayed to me by NWC Dean: when the USSR fell a brief period of candor existed between our militaries and we sent various folks to Moscow who, among other things, got to read Soviet war plans.  Anyway, they assessed certain NATO (non-US) fighter units as particularly troublesome in the event of a Fulda Gap scenario so the Soviets developed an unconventional solution: send Spetsnaz pre-invasion to murder them.  Small commando teams burning down apartment buildings full of SQ pilots and families would neuter their combat effectiveness without jeopardizing the lesser skilled Soviet Air Forces.  

so yea, for OPSEC you should stay in a random AirBnB on every TDY.  It’s worth a shot  🇺🇸

And it was not just limited to NATO countries either, the Soviets had similar plans for Sweden. The Russians learned the hard way not to tango in mock dogfights with Swedish Viggens and often stalled their aircraft with trying to turn into a Viggen at low altitude!

Soviet sports and Olympic teams were filled with Spetsnaz agents and were more “free” to wander around in target countries without a KGB keeper that their teammates had to endure!

• Thanks 1

And it was not just limited to NATO countries either, the Soviets had similar plans for Sweden. The Russians learned the hard way not to tango in mock dogfights with Swedish Viggens and often stalled their aircraft with trying to turn into a Viggen at low altitude!
Soviet sports and Olympic teams were filled with Spetsnaz agents and were more “free” to wander around in target countries without a KGB keeper that their teammates had to endure!

We had a cyber war guy brief a theory paper on “non kinetic disruptive attrition.”

Essentially, you don’t even have to kill us to hurt our combat capability. Anybody above the rank of major just have those warehouses full of hackers and bots start running up credit cards in their name, issue police reports or swat people, start emailing their wife the “it’s his baby and I want my money” or nudes from some girl in whatever city your last TDY was… that type stuff… basically everything you see when the hacker wrecks the life of somebody in a movie.

Do that simultaneously to all the leadership out there, then while that’s going on do something akin to Russia when they went into Crimea. With the amount of information the government already handed them through our own stupidity plus the amount of social media we already put out on ourselves, it wouldn’t be hard to severely hobble the command channels with issues that result in delayed action. For those of us that remember the Ashley Madison hack and the shit show that ensued when peoples wives started googling names… now do it with the benefit of AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

Still shocked the DoD allows combatants to maintain social media accounts.

“We” only censor sitting presidents and scientists/doctors that speak out against the erosion of civil liberties. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

We had a cyber war guy brief a theory paper on “non kinetic disruptive attrition.”

Essentially, you don’t even have to kill us to hurt our combat capability. Anybody above the rank of major just have those warehouses full of hackers and bots start running up credit cards in their name, issue police reports or swat people, start emailing their wife the “it’s his baby and I want my money” or nudes from some girl in whatever city your last TDY was… that type stuff… basically everything you see when the hacker wrecks the life of somebody in a movie.

Do that simultaneously to all the leadership out there, then while that’s going on do something akin to Russia when they went into Crimea. With the amount of information the government already handed them through our own stupidity plus the amount of social media we already put out on ourselves, it wouldn’t be hard to severely hobble the command channels with issues that result in delayed action. For those of us that remember the Ashley Madison hack and the shit show that ensued when peoples wives started googling names… now do it with the benefit of AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably won't be beyond the realm of possible to scrape the internet to find pictures of military kids and use AI to create a fake image of them in front of their school or at little league practice and text those to military parents with a warning.  Or imagine you're a FO/GO and you get a text that if you participate in ops against China all of your bank and retirements have been hacked and it will all disappear.  I'm sure they would do their duty but what a mindf$@ck.  The possibilities for troublemaking are endless and it would work far better against us than against our adversaries...

Edited by pbar
grammar

1 hour ago, di1630 said:

IMG_8349.JPG

Anyone know where I can get my favorite communist Cuban or Venezuelan colors to fly on base today?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Can the participants just wear a CA shirt?   There are more Hispanics than any other race in the Golden State.  

Edit:  I find humor with the Hispanic heritage 5k run/walk.  Think about it.  Lol

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

• 3 weeks later...