-
New F-16G and C-17 for AF?
I thought so too so it would be interesting to see how they would accomplish this. It is worth pointing out that the Russians made virtual copies of the B-29 (Tu-4) without the aid of computers, 3D scanning, modern metrology instruments, maintenance and technical manuals, original jigs, etc. so I would think it’s not impossible to reopen a line to build the C-17.
-
New F-16G and C-17 for AF?
Lockheed is proposing new F-16G similar to what Boeing did with the F-15EX for quick acquisition: https://aviationweek.com/defense/aircraft-propulsion/lockheed-pitches-advanced-f-16g-us-air-force Also there has been some talk of reopening the C-17 line. Between the constant deployments, tactical training requirements, and ordinary airlift operations, either a SLEP or new production of the C-17 is probably in the near future pending the glacial pace of acquiring a future airlift capability.
-
Dover AFB and sex dolls
I wonder if someone is already calculating that figure! I assume deflated and in their boxes?
-
Dover AFB and sex dolls
I was listening to the Bob and Tom Show yesterday morning (a local morning radio show in the mid-west) and they were doing a segment on sexiest cities in the US and apparently Dover AFB leads the nation in purchase of sex dolls! The BOB & TOM ShowNew Sex Map Reveals ALL! | The BOB & TOM ShowA new interactive map from adult toy maker Lovehoney shows which cities are the sexiest! Join us as we find out who’s the spiciest, favorite lubricant flavors, “T and A” preferences, and more! Were th
-
Drones at Diego Garica
Apparently Diego Garcia has a 1700 curfew due to drone activity. If so that is quite the logistical achievement! I’m assuming they are launching off of ships BVR to maintain enough loiter time over the base.
-
Drone incident at EDDP
Possible explosive drone incident at Leipzig airport involving AN-124 and a DHL aircraft.
-
MANPADS at LGA?
It’s probably not a credible threat or you could probably be shot down! What a binary choice to make at the end of your last leg for the day!
-
MANPADS at LGA?
- B-52 Down at Edwards
My suspicion is a runaway pitch trim malfunction based on the location of the crash close to the runway and your description of the video.- Mountain Home airshow crash
- Shortage of crew bus drivers in Ramstein
Apparently Ramstein is so short of drivers they are making Aircrew rent their own vans to get to their hotels. While this might have benefits in allowing more flexibility and freedom for aircrews, it has some pitfalls too. Renting a vehicle in Germany without a German or international drivers license can expose the driver to major liability if you get into an accident. I’m not sure if the Base will accept that liability or not since they are implementing that policy. If you have an extended stay in Ramstein I recommend the two day class they offer to get a German license. It cost €10.00 when I got mine years ago and is good for ten years.- China & Chinese Shenanigans
- WTF? (**NSFW**)
- The Iran thread
The Mover and Gonky Show has a more expansive conversation that dovetails to what Ryan McBeth was saying in his video. Frankly this was all too predictable, I think all the “mystery drones” we were having over Langley, Wright-Patt, and now Barksdale was a dry run to test and evaluate strikes on airlift, tanker, and other aircraft.- The Iran thread
- B-52 Down at Edwards
HeyEng
Super User
-
Joined
-
Last visited