What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

4 hours ago, kaputt said:

Dude's Linkedin is a gem. First five years of his Air Force career is simply listed as "Various Training, Internships, and Educational Experiences." I guess that's one way to put it. 

He yadda yadda yadda'd the best part of your career! Well, at least one of the best parts of my career maybe...

• Like 1

I love how that guy gets a paid 3 year stint to get a PhD under the CSAF program only to be dropped back into a random ops squadron to be an ADO 😂

Making real good use of all that schooling there bud! Hell, it don’t take a PhD to do that job, ask me how I know…

I’m sure it’s to groom him to take command and become a general one day blah blah blah but like, why do we have these intensive education programs only to give the guy literally the exact same assignment as any random center-of-mass FGO can/will get at some point?

Seems like kind of a waste of time & money to me. Do we sent guys to TPS with an immediate follow on assignment handing out gym towels at the Deid?

Edited by nsplayr

48 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Seems like kind of a waste of time & money to me. Do we sent guys to TPS with an immediate follow on assignment handing out gym towels at the Deid?

No shit there I was at Nellis (WIC IP) about to graduate a WIC class when I start getting calls from folks up the chain of one of our students wanting to interview a student to be a wing exec. I told them no and that his focus was WIC until he was done and highlighted the 11-415 requirements for new WO’s. Kept getting leaned on until the O-6 had me on the phone telling me that he was going to interview the guy and that I was going to set up a VTC to do it. Refused, ran it up my chain, food fight ensued and then didn’t hear anything else until the day before graduation I find out the Wing CC went around everyone and got a VTC set up to interview the guy. A week after WIC grad he started as a wing exec. I personally know of 4 different guys that did this. So damn disheartening and frustrating but some people just don’t view anything beyond what it can do for their resume.

6 hours ago, Danger41 said:

No shit there I was at Nellis (WIC IP) about to graduate a WIC class when I start getting calls from folks up the chain of one of our students wanting to interview a student to be a wing exec. I told them no and that his focus was WIC until he was done and highlighted the 11-415 requirements for new WO’s. Kept getting leaned on until the O-6 had me on the phone telling me that he was going to interview the guy and that I was going to set up a VTC to do it. Refused, ran it up my chain, food fight ensued and then didn’t hear anything else until the day before graduation I find out the Wing CC went around everyone and got a VTC set up to interview the guy. A week after WIC grad he started as a wing exec. I personally know of 4 different guys that did this. So damn disheartening and frustrating but some people just don’t view anything beyond what it can do for their resume.

Sad but true and clowns like Cat 5 are even worse.  He OPENLY called for AFSOC to shut down the Weapons School yet SURROUNDED himself with patch wearers when he was down range.

Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 6.20.06 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Danger41 said:

The dude has a personal website. Isn’t it illegal to use official photos to promote a personal business while active duty?

https://www.drnathandial.com/

Never trust an Air Force pilot who doesn't list their MWS anywhere easy to find in their bio.  Apparently, he's just a "combat pilot".  A Dr. should be smart enough to line up those air medal clusters a little better.  Looks like a drunk kindergarten student set up that ribbon rack.  Clown.  It almost looks like he used mini clusters lol.  

Edit: Slick wing Major?  Lol 

Looks like he stands around 5'3" as well.  

Some wanna be WIC patch. 

No MWS listed, just Dr. BS.  

Lol all I need to know.

Next CSAF!  DP #1 of my gay servicemen who dont really like being a pilot but love acting the part.  

He also strikes me as the kind of "pilot" that has an excuse for everything hes fucking up.  The "I was just going to do that..." type of dude.  Those guys are fun.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought/spelling...im not a Dr.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Never trust an Air Force pilot who doesn't list their MWS anywhere easy to find in their bio.  Apparently, he's just a "combat pilot".  A Dr. should be smart enough to line up those air medal clusters a little better.  Looks like a drunk kindergarten student set up that ribbon rack.  Clown.  It almost looks like he used mini clusters lol.  

Edit: Slick wing Major?  Lol 

Looks like he stands around 5'3" as well.  

Some wanna be WIC patch. 

No MWS listed, just Dr. BS.  

Lol all I need to know.

Next CSAF!  DP #1 of my gay servicemen who dont really like being a pilot but love acting the part.  

He also strikes me as the kind of "pilot" that has an excuse for everything hes fucking up.  The "I was just going to do that..." type of dude.  Those guys are fun.  

Your bias is glaring......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

Your bias is glaring......

Shit even Roberta was a proud Aviator.

10 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

FWIW his linkedin lists EC-130 and RC-135 🤷‍♂️

Quit ruining my anger management time!  Im trying to Biff out the pain.  Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate,   

Edited by Biff_T
Words are hard
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:26 PM, nsplayr said:

Do we sent guys to TPS with an immediate follow on assignment handing out gym towels at the Deid?

Sort of.  After TPS buddy was sent to some safety job.  Fed up, left AD to fly Guard -16's/airline.  Airbus hired him away from airline to be test pilot in Toulouse.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Back to the good stuff!

"Buck Nasty, what can I say about that suit that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan."

Classic. Lol

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 8:26 PM, nsplayr said:

...Do we sent guys to TPS with an immediate follow on assignment handing out gym towels at the Deid?

Not necessarily the Deid, but yes, with rather appalling frequency.  Could not believe the BS tours that were (are still?) being handed to multiple brilliant/fresh graduates in a row.  All were jobs which could have been gapped or given to schlubs like me.  I won't say much more than that.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/09/19/old-is-new-again-as-air-force-special-ops-branch-revamps-training/

Something, something, SOF truths about quality over quantity and mass production of SOF

Some choice excerpts:
"Bauernfeind told Air Force Times that several other types of skills, like airdrops, aerial refueling and low-level flight, could become part of unit training rather than the initial pipeline. He said the standards used to decide whether airmen should move on in training will change accordingly."

"It’s trying to fast-track special operations flight school by sending students straight to AFSOC training units after they earn their wings on the T-6 Texan II. That cuts out the intermediate phase of flying the T-1 Jayhawk, which is heading into retirement after serving as the stepping stone to mobility and special operations aircraft.

That decision can shorten pilot training time by six months, AFSOC spokesperson Lt. Col. Becky Heyse said."

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MechGov said:

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/09/19/old-is-new-again-as-air-force-special-ops-branch-revamps-training/

Something, something, SOF truths about quality over quantity and mass production of SOF

Some choice excerpts:
"Bauernfeind told Air Force Times that several other types of skills, like airdrops, aerial refueling and low-level flight, could become part of unit training rather than the initial pipeline. He said the standards used to decide whether airmen should move on in training will change accordingly."

"It’s trying to fast-track special operations flight school by sending students straight to AFSOC training units after they earn their wings on the T-6 Texan II. That cuts out the intermediate phase of flying the T-1 Jayhawk, which is heading into retirement after serving as the stepping stone to mobility and special operations aircraft.

That decision can shorten pilot training time by six months, AFSOC spokesperson Lt. Col. Becky Heyse said."

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Same article, no paywall - https://news.yahoo.com/old-again-air-force-special-201159107.html

A few more interesting tidbits:

"Going forward, Bauernfeind wants to use the first four years differently.  As he sees it, airmen would spend up to two years in initial qualification training before reaching their special ops squadron. Once there, they’d get up to 18 months of training time to learn more about their mission and the special operations culture before deploying."

"Other tweaks, like dropping a requirement that students learn a particular type of landing that has never been used in combat, are streamlining the C-130 syllabus as well. And adding more simulators and virtual reality software can free up aircraft to fly combat missions instead of being tied up in training at home."

5 hours ago, HU&W said:

Same article, no paywall - https://news.yahoo.com/old-again-air-force-special-201159107.html

A few more interesting tidbits:

"Going forward, Bauernfeind wants to use the first four years differently.  As he sees it, airmen would spend up to two years in initial qualification training before reaching their special ops squadron. Once there, they’d get up to 18 months of training time to learn more about their mission and the special operations culture before deploying."

"Other tweaks, like dropping a requirement that students learn a particular type of landing that has never been used in combat, are streamlining the C-130 syllabus as well. And adding more simulators and virtual reality software can free up aircraft to fly combat missions instead of being tied up in training at home."

Anyone know what he’s referring to here?