Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

also in the H.R 7900:

(c) SPECIAL AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY AND BONUS 10 AUTHORITIES FOR OFFICERS.—Section 334(c)(1) of title 37, United States Code, is amended— 

(1) in subparagraph (A), by striking ‘‘$1,000’’ and inserting ‘‘$1,500’’; and 

(2) in subparagraph (B), by striking ‘‘$35,000’’ and inserting ‘‘$75,000’’. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Seriously said:

also in the H.R 7900:

(c) SPECIAL AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY AND BONUS 10 AUTHORITIES FOR OFFICERS.—Section 334(c)(1) of title 37, United States Code, is amended— 

Very interesting.

12 hours ago, Seriously said:

also in the H.R 7900:

Odds that they are going to grandfather us faithful servants into the new $ amount…0.00.

Edit: instead of just sport bitching, I emailed my congressman. I’d encourage other suckers like myself to lobby for a heavier wallet. 

Edited by Standby

13 hours ago, Standby said:

Odds that they are going to grandfather us faithful servants into the new $ amount…0.00.

Edit: instead of just sport bitching, I emailed my congressman. I’d encourage other suckers like myself to lobby for a heavier wallet. 

Well, they didn’t do this in the past ($25K to $35K), so yeah, I doubt they would do it this time.

Your greatest voice is hitting the separate/retirement button…everything else is as effective as “hope and change”.

Edited by HeloDude

As an O-5 with 22 years, $1,500/month in flight pay and $75,000/yr bonus (highly doubt it happens), that is getting close to what might entice me to consider going on a year of orders...close lol.  Problem is, the ANG clings to the ridiculous notion of a smaller bonus for 1 year orders.  I don't mind taking a pay hit to help out, but not for a measly 25k bonus.  

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, SocialD said:

As an O-5 with 22 years, $1,500/month in flight pay and $75,000/yr bonus (highly doubt it happens), that is getting close to what might entice me to consider going on a year of orders...close lol.  Problem is, the ANG clings to the ridiculous notion of a smaller bonus for 1 year orders.  I don't mind taking a pay hit to help out, but not for a measly 25k bonus.  

They are trying to reward commitment, I get that, but the structure is jacked. It pushes people on the fence off because they don't want to risk getting committed to something they want out of later and simultaneously there is a notion that I don't want to feel like I'm doing the same job but for less pay simply because I took longer to decide.  

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

The fact that the AGR bonus is higher than the DSG bonus for a year of orders is whack. Your AGRs are usually in it to win it and already committed, where your DSGs are usually a bit more open to what comes down the pipe. If they wanted to move aviators from the fence line to being committed, it’d be exactly the reverse. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nsplayr said:

The fact that the AGR bonus is higher than the DSG bonus for a year of orders is whack. Your AGRs are usually in it to win it and already committed, where your DSGs are usually a bit more open to what comes down the pipe. If they wanted to move aviators from the fence line to being committed, it’d be exactly the reverse. 

This!  All they're doing is ensuring that only the guys who have >15 years TAFMS are the ones who will come back on orders.  

4 hours ago, herkbier said:

I saw a thing a while back that said flights pay for TRs/DSGs won’t be prorated anymore; work one day, get the whole month of pay. I think it was supposed to take effect FY23, am I remembering correctly? Is that real?

Like the "new pay system" I was told (circa Mid 2018) would be rolled out Jan 2020 and would fix all the DSG flight pay issues...I'll believe it when I see.  BTW, anyone have an update ETIC on that 2020 rollout?  

9 hours ago, BTLFlyer said:

75k a year bonus would be nice. Do you think this has any chance of passing?

@BTLFlyer @Seriously Not likely, reference SASC markup of NDAA23...which proposes an extension of existing quantities, save for the AIR FORCE RATED OFFICER RETENTION DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM...up to $50k/yr only for AD in the SASC markup for NDAA FY23

"(d) AUTHORITIES RELATING TO TITLE 37 CONSOLI-
18 DATED SPECIAL PAY, INCENTIVE PAY, AND BONUS AU-
19 THORITIES.—The following sections of title 37, United
20 States Code, are amended by striking ‘‘December 31,
21 2022’’ and inserting ‘‘December 31, 2023’’

//  //

(3) Section 334(i), relating to special aviation

2 incentive pay and bonus authorities for officers."

Well if Tom Cotton or any of the other honorable members of the esteemed legislative body check this site, a recent informal straw poll amongst bros that punched after 10 year ADSC showed that almost 70% said they would have stayed for at least several more years for 75k a year bonus and $1500 flight pay. I would take it to a 20 year career and retirement for that money. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Well if Tom Cotton or any of the other honorable members of the esteemed legislative body check this site, a recent informal straw poll amongst bros that punched after 10 year ADSC showed that almost 70% said they would have stayed for at least several more years for 75k a year bonus and $1500 flight pay. I would take it to a 20 year career and retirement for that money. 

RAND study's 68k + ~9.3% inflation

I’d settle for less money and a stop move… Seriously keep the money. I want my feet firmly planted where I’m standing for 5 years, and I’m not even at what most would consider a desirable location I just like my neighborhood and my kids going to the same school for a while.

PCSing to chase Busy work deployments and other “opportunities” has been the biggest sap for keeping people in Army Aviation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

Did you know that the year two pay at UPS for first officers is $206 per hour/~173k per year minimum? After ten years when you're a captain, you're pulling in $344 per hour/~$289k per year minimum. 

Heck, you don't even have to sign a ten year contract, live in Clovis, or deploy!

Even a $75k per year bonus can't touch that.

Did you know that the year two pay at UPS for first officers is $206 per hour/~173k per year minimum? After ten years when you're a captain, you're pulling in $344 per hour/~$289k per year minimum. 
Heck, you don't even have to sign a ten year contract, live in Clovis, or deploy!
Even a $75k per year bonus can't touch that.

UPS is, however, still stuck in the sand with their 1st year pay rate. Financial hazing in full effect.