VRRAD is Back!!

M2

I am at a loss for words, WTF are these idiots thinking?

Stop retired pay.

Stop VA pay.

No choice of duty station.

No promotion opportunity.

Your time on VRRAD does NOT count towards time in service.

Sooo come work in a crap hole of our choosing, for half pay, no promotion and its doesn't count towards your retirement.

FU!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Stop retired pay.

Stop VA pay.

Sooo come work in a crap hole of our choosing, for half pay, no promotion and its doesn't count towards your retirement.

FU!

Can’t wait to see takers in the single digits while the smuck who dreamed up this idea gets promoted. Seems like all we do is reward mediocrity. This will be similar to that stupid aviation only track for majors that only had 2-3 takers. 

• Upvote 1

Stop retired pay.
Stop VA pay.
FU!

Doesn’t count towards good years? WTF - so a dude with 17 years of AD service could not use this program to get to the check o’ the month club?
If he/she retired at 20 Guard/Reserve but with the hypothetical 17 AD years would they at least get points then at least get to the retirement club but with 20 years of service?

If anyone from A1 lurks on this forum please explain how you think this is an enticing deal for the majority of retirees you want to come back?

What an excrement sandwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said before, I don't think they'll get ANYONE to apply.  I'm retired enlisted and there are ZERO reasons for me to come back.  None.  The only thing I can think of is some rated O who is financially secure and is just putzing around in some 9-5 for whatever reason, and he wants to fly combat rated aircraft again.  There is zero incentive otherwise.  

20 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Stop retired pay.

Stop VA pay.

FU!

Honestly this reads like a plan you'd create if you wanted to look like you're doing something, but don't actually want it to work.  Maybe it gives them something to point at and say "see, we tried," I guess it's on to stop loss lol

Edited by SocialD
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Honestly this read like a plan you'd create if you wanted to look like you're doing something, but don't actually want it to work.  Maybe it gives them to something to point at and say "see, we tried," I guess it's on to stop loss lol

Maybe the Bobs accidentally selected the throwaway COA and no one on staff spoke up…..

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Honestly this read like a plan you'd create if you wanted to look like you're doing something, but don't actually want it to work.  Maybe it gives them to something to point at and say "see, we tried," I guess it's on to stop loss lol

Exactly.  "We're trying".  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, M2 said:

Who the USAF is expecting...

Vietnam War Brigadier General Robin Olds

Who they'll get...

download(13).thumb.jpeg.b0683510d322fcf40cf80fb3caec0a0d.jpeg

Edited by Biff_T
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, AC&W said:

This will appeal to a very small population of rated officers who can fill staff positions in desirable OCONUS locations.

That sweet (desert not Hawaii) CAOC job is waiting for some lucky old guys.  

The USAF is thinking of bringing back WO's, if I was a SSgt or TSgt I would jump at the opportunity to get a pay increase and not having to put up with the Top 3 who makes your life miserable with them all backstabbing each other to get a senior rater endorsement.  Air Force may bring back warrant officers to boost technical expertise (airforcetimes.com)

• Upvote 1

I believe it will reset your base pay for retirement pay calculations.  In my case, base pay has gone up $2800 since I retired in 2014  

Most pilots considering this already know where they want to go. And if they don't get exactly that, they simply won't accept the orders.

The FAQ says you can turn down a PCS.  If you do, you are released from the VRRAD  

58 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

I believe it will reset your base pay for retirement pay calculations.  In my case, base pay has gone up $2800 since I retired in 2014 

Initially messaging said no TIS increase only TOP 3, looks like that was adjusted which is common sense.

In the current job market I don't see the business case to give up 100% of a better paying job PLUS 50% (or more of retired pay), AND VA payment all for a retirement bump of $2800. 

59 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Most pilots considering this already know where they want to go. And if they don't get exactly that, they simply won't accept the orders.

Del Rio, Cannon, Minot among the most popular.

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

The FAQ says you can turn down a PCS.  If you do, you are released from the VRRAD  

So all the active duty folks with commitment and no choice will get the undesirable assignments...

CH,

I agree with you. Except that the bump to my pay would be only about $1900, since it's a percentage of base pay... so even less enticing, since an extra 15 days of airline work will cover that. 

If the airline world falls apart, they may get some takers. But otherwise, no. 

23 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

CH,

I agree with you. Except that the bump to my pay would be only about $1900, since it's a percentage of base pay... so even less enticing, since an extra 15 days of airline work will cover that. 

To be clear … an extra 15 days or so at the airline will cover the $1900 a month bump…for the entire year. 

assuming you’re working those 15 days at straight pay 

How ‘bout find some more contractors to fix the problem, that always seems to work right? Isn’t supposed to be cheaper? Some of the throwaway online MBAs should be able to read a supply and demand curve right?

As for service before self, any potential candidate has already put in the service. That’s how they got qualified in the first place.

Here’s an interesting read, makes me think the problem might lie elsewhere: https://medium.com/fall-when-hit/how-come-no-generals-have-been-fired-e6a94ef1abb3

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

CH,

Huggy,

Did your ret  it recent pay remain “Final Pay” or reset to “High 3?”

Deez