Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials | The White House

"We are intent on not letting Omicron disrupt work and school for the vaccinated.  You’ve done the right thing, and we will get through this.

For the unvaccinated, you’re looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourselves, your families, and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm."

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I would gladly defend religious freedom with my life while simultaneously acknowledging its absurdity and the fact that it is the single greatest source of evil in the history of humanity.

I always hated this line from atheists, and I'm atheist.

You can't simultaneously argue that religion is just a human construct that doesn't reflect reality, while pinning the overwhelming majority of human evil on religion. If you can't specify which religion is the most evil, then you aren't making a statement at all. The only logically consistent position for an atheist is to explain religion as a normal and (so far) inescapable desire for humans to put faith in something.

But if God doesn't exist, then "religion" describes no group with any meaningful borders. It's like saying sadness is the greatest source of evil, or greed, or jealously. No. Humans are the greatest source of evil. And I'm pretty sure the communists have the record for most fatalities in the modern era, so your point is both logically and factually wrong.

The overwhelming amount of charity work has come from religious groups. So is religion the greatest source of good in the history of humanity? 

It's always curious when atheists create a replacement for religion that looks a whole lot like religion, in their pursuit of stamping out religion. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Negatory said:

I think most people support personal religion up to the point where folks abuse and cherry pick their core values to use religion as a trump card (pun intended) to do whatever they want and impact others. See gay marriage, abortion, COVID, abortion etc.

I don’t even agree with mandates for the whole population, but trying to pursue religious exceptions come off as one of the most disingenuous “You can’t make me!” temper tantrums possible - not a genuinely held belief.

I think you’re right for some people, but I don’t think you’re right on others. I’m not one of them, but I respect their chosen values and beliefs, even if they don’t align with mine. There are a lot of people out there I think have whacko opinions and beliefs founded on nothing legitimate or logical, but I still don’t believe in attacking their character, or acting like a self-righteous asshole towards them/their beliefs. My comment is directed at those who are patronizing dickheads attacking someone’s beliefs - even if I agree with said person, I still think they’re the problem and creating/perpetuating a lot of the issues we see in modern society. 

Believe whatever you want. If you think I'm going to face judgement in front of god because I took a vaccine partially made through stem cell research, that's your prerogative. Just as it is my prerogative to think your beliefs are backward and silly. 

But at some point we need to acknowledge the reality that not all beliefs are compatible with military service. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

• M2 locked this topic