Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

On 10/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, brabus said:

Is suing her in civil court an option? Seems like it should be…and he should take her for all she’s worth. False accusations should come with a minimum 10 yr sentence. They’d stop real quick if a few women went to prison for it.

This is why the sexual assault problem gets worse every year.  All of you are more concerned about the 2% of cases that are false accusations than the 98% that did actually happen.  Or the 60% of cases that don't get reported at all...  with this attitude, it's no wonder victims don't want to speak up.

• Downvote 6

49 minutes ago, Vladimir Stalin said:

This is why the sexual assault problem gets worse every year.  All of you are more concerned about the 2% of cases that are false accusations than the 98% that did actually happen.  Or the 60% of cases that don't get reported at all...  with this attitude, it's no wonder victims don't want to speak up.

What is the conviction rate of someone charged with an Art 120 offense and actually found guilty of said Article 120 offense? Not someone charged with a 120 and found guilty of Article 92 because during the “investigation” OSI found out the accused didn’t register a gun living on base 6-9 assignments ago. The latter seems to be the conviction stat padding SVC/SARC’s like to do. 

15 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

What is the conviction rate of someone charged with an Art 120 offense and actually found guilty of said Article 120 offense? Not someone charged with a 120 and found guilty of Article 92 because during the “investigation” OSI found out the accused didn’t register a gun living on base 6-9 assignments ago. The latter seems to be the conviction stat padding SVC/SARC’s like to do. 

Dude, you’re being trolled.

• Upvote 1

yup yup, rumint down here close to said water cooler is exactly as the piece highlights, regret-rape run amok.

Given the service's expectation of political expediency when it comes to embarrassing flag officer related disciplinary hearings (as opposed to us lowly scutwork degenerates of field and company grade variety), there's little doubt in my mind the regret-rape will be readily dismissed, and with it any further incentive for the service to proceed with the CM.

Homeboi will get his slap for the frat indiscretion, lady 'RR' will have some splainin' to do at her own divorce hearing, if the future ex has any self-respect left and leave her that is. And just like Cooley in '22, homeboi will take his reduction in rank and sweet sweet O-6 retirement check, and bob's your uncle.

12 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

not defending the general at all, but i call BS on this:

"Military prosecutors countered that given Stewart’s rank and power, the woman had no choice but to submit to his advances."

GMAFB. sounds like consenting adults making adult decisions.

And not just once, but twice!

14 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

not defending the general at all, but i call BS on this:

"Military prosecutors countered that given Stewart’s rank and power, the woman had no choice but to submit to his advances."

GMAFB. sounds like consenting adults making adult decisions.

Does anybody not think that this GO would have personally signed off on the punishment/negative admin actions  of IPs for having consensual sex with students?  As for whether or not this GO was having consensual sex with a direct subordinate, I don’t know…but he had to know it was wrong (on many levels) and it definitely enters the zone of negative command influence…just like with IPs and students, if the student said they felt pressured, then that’s what they go with.  So if the allegations are supported with facts/he is convicted and he serves some jail time, I won’t have a problem with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

56 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Does anybody not think that this GO would have personally signed off on the punishment/negative admin actions  of IPs for having consensual sex with students?  As for whether or not this GO was having consensual sex with a direct subordinate, I don’t know…but he had to know it was wrong (on many levels) and it definitely enters the zone of negative command influence…just like with IPs and students, if the student said they felt pressured, then that’s what they go with.  So if the allegations are supported with facts/he is convicted and he serves some jail time, I won’t have a problem with it.

Yup.  Not anything close to rape but dude needs to go away at a minimum.  

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, HeloDude said:

I was court-martialed for drunken Frat by a wing commander who gave speeches about being a recovering alcoholic, and a squadron commander who married an enlisted chick in his unit. 

The irony was a bit rich

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

and a squadron commander who married an enlisted chick in his unit. 

The recovering alcoholic is one thing, but this is literally frat (oh excuse me, they never fraternized, they just instantly were married one morning so it wasn’t an issue after that).

4 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I was court-martialed for drunken Frat by a wing commander who gave speeches about being a recovering alcoholic, and a squadron commander who married an enlisted chick in his unit. 

The irony was a bit rich

While he was the Vice at Seymour, I ran into him at at the BX while I was TDY there as a contractor and said “Ratner and I have a message for you,” then gave him the finger and told him to fuck off. He got red faced and stormed away.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HeloDude said:

As 19 AF/CC, he would’ve probably crushed any rated officer instructor for anything like that with a student.

”Rules for thee, not for me.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, brabus said:

The recovering alcoholic is one thing, but this is literally frat (oh excuse me, they never fraternized, they just instantly were married one morning so it wasn’t an issue after that).

Red Flags are crazy!   Sometimes you wake up with a 1C as your wife.  

Edited by Biff_T
Pg 69 of 69
  • Haha 1

This is why I loved the fact that my boss for a lot of my career (SQ/CC to OG/CC to WG/CC) married a 1CO from his squadron when he was on AD.  There's no top cover like a fellow player of the sport of kings.  That said, you got to be smart enough to keep it out of their face so you don't force their hand.  Maybe I should write a book for the 2Lt single guys...could save a career lol.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SocialD said:

This is why I loved the fact that my boss for a lot of my career (SQ/CC to OG/CC to WG/CC) married a 1CO from his squadron when he was on AD.  There's no top cover like a fellow player of the sport of kings.  That said, you got to be smart enough to keep it out of their face so you don't force their hand.  Maybe I should write a book for the 2Lt single guys...could save a career lol.  

Of all the women in the world, an enlisted chick is really that worth it? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dream big said:

At 0430 after a dozen six packs of Busch Light, its a hole.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dream big said:

You think this guy had his pick of all of the women in the world? 😂🤣

Besides, everyone should know the sweetest wine is the one you can't have...

At a certain point everybody should have the revelation that their own internal resolve is probably not as bullet proof as they'd like to believe. It's a humbling and altogether disconcerting feeling. I remember when Mike pence was in the news for saying he wouldn't have dinner alone with a woman who wasn't his wife. He was lambasted for being a prude, or a sexist, or a fool in general, but I saw a man who had probably ops tested the limits of his faithfulness in the past, and came up with a way to mitigate the risk.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2