The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

23 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

My wife makes a salad using Napa Cabbage on holidays that every one loves.  I just went to the store to purchase a head of Napa Cabbage for Christmas dinner and paid $10.71 for a single head of cabbage.  This was Winn Dixie ...

Therein lies your problem.  You need to move somewhere that has a HEB!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 8:01 AM, ClearedHot said:

My wife makes a salad using Napa Cabbage on holidays that every one loves.  I just went to the store to purchase a head of Napa Cabbage for Christmas dinner and paid $10.71 for a single head of cabbage.  This was Winn Dixie (Publix was out), not some FuFu granola Whole Foods or specialty store.  The damage done by the empty meatbag sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave is staggering.  Yet his clown Press Secretary continues to say inflation is falling.  I don't know how average families are getting by with these prices.

IMG_5232.jpg

Did you try the Piggly Wiggly?

Those are my two favorite stores to visit in the South.

Winn Dixie (let's go Dixie!) and the GD Piggly Wiggly.  

5 hours ago, M2 said:

Therein lies your problem.  You need to move somewhere that has a HEB!

Is this racist?  

• Haha 2

On 12/23/2023 at 10:56 AM, ClearedHot said:

Recipe

Got my beer on base earlier in the week, slowly trolling through the Class 6 pushing a cart full of military special bourbon and vodka...oh I was wearing black socks and sandals. 

You can take the boy out of the AC-130 but you can't the AC-130 out of the boy. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

DeSantis is now out.  After Haley loses in NH and SC, I imagine she’ll drop out as well.

And Tim Scott endorsed trump….I’d say she has no shot in sc at this point…..strange times

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

And Tim Scott endorsed trump….I’d say she has no shot in sc at this point…..strange times

Now the fight for the VP slot.  I see the front runners as Elise Stefanik, Kristi Noem, Tim Scott, or Ron Desantis.  He ruled Haley out which is odd as it would have brought him some voted from the middle.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ecugringo said:

I don’t think she ever did have a shot in SC, or much of one in the entire primary period.  And I wouldn’t really call it anything “strange”—Trump is basically running as an incumbent when it comes to party politics, and the majority of the GOP agree that it’s his nomination.  Now can he win in November?—I’m still going with my 50/50 that I mentioned a few weeks ago.

The real question before November is will Biden or Obama be the Dem nominee?

Unreal to me that we’re going to get the vegetable vs Orange Man part II. The Republican Party, both the people running it and the base of voters, continues to prove they have absolutely zero long term strategy or vision. 

I personally don’t think he’ll win, despite the current administration being the biggest joke and embarrassment that has ever graced the Oval Office.

But let’s say Trump does win. He’s an instant lame duck president, that will bring back all the chaos of his first 4 years, and then some. Now to be fair some of that will be induced from the unhinged left, but Trump is going to bring plenty himself. And let’s be honest here, the pendulum is going to swing hard back to the left after another 4 years or Trump, and there will be no hope for whoever runs for the republicans in 2028. All the crazy leftist stuff will be right back in play after getting another four years of TDS to raise the temperature. 

Desantis was likely the best candidate to actually help put effective policy in place and coherently stand up to far leftist garbage. But for some reason a whole swath of otherwise normal people are addicted to supporting a narcissist who only cares about himself. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, kaputt said:

Unreal to me that we’re going to get the vegetable vs Orange Man part II. The Republican Party, both the people running it and the base of voters, continues to prove they have absolutely zero long term strategy or vision. 

I personally don’t think he’ll win, despite the current administration being the biggest joke and embarrassment that has ever graced the Oval Office.

But let’s say Trump does win. He’s an instant lame duck president, that will bring back all the chaos of his first 4 years, and then some. Now to be fair some of that will be induced from the unhinged left, but Trump is going to bring plenty himself. And let’s be honest here, the pendulum is going to swing hard back to the left after another 4 years or Trump, and there will be no hope for whoever runs for the republicans in 2028. All the crazy leftist stuff will be right back in play after getting another four years of TDS to raise the temperature. 

Desantis was likely the best candidate to actually help put effective policy in place and coherently stand up to far leftist garbage. But for some reason a whole swath of otherwise normal people are addicted to supporting a narcissist who only cares about himself. 

Trump was never the cause, he was always the symptom. And honestly has anything changed to indicate different symptoms?

The problem is not the people who are running. The problem is human nature and societal oscillations. It's happened before and it's happening again.

It's a bummer.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kaputt said:

DeSantis would win in a world of sane people but a lot of Americans, who can vote, don't have the mental capacity to operate a Tilt a Whirl at the local traveling carnival.    The others are trying to convince our children that it's OK to mutilate their genitals before they can even legally buy a pack of cigarettes, a cold beer and a Penthouse.    

For DeSantis (or anybody for that matter) to win any federal government seat of power, he needs to be a professional wrestler with a voice like Macho Man Randy Savage (RIP), or the exact opposite. 

Like this:

lyndon-chase-the-naked-ambition-of-jonathan-lyndon-chase-gq-november-2019-01.thumb.jpg.4e9abce09326b6b1ef47d22a7b6ba7a0.jpg

• Upvote 1

So Biden literally says the border isn’t secure and hasn’t been for the last 10 years…which encompasses 3 years when he was VP and now 3 years as President.  And yet he and his fellow progressives only want to make it easier for illegals to come in, oh, and he wants to give them all permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/01/19/president-biden-says-the-southern-border-is-not-secure/72288828007/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HeloDude said:

So Biden literally says the border isn’t secure and hasn’t been for the last 10 years…which encompasses 3 years when he was VP and now 3 years as President.  And yet he and his fellow progressives only want to make it easier for illegals to come in, oh, and he wants to give them all permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/01/19/president-biden-says-the-southern-border-is-not-secure/72288828007/

Correct. Meanwhile the Supreme Court rules that a State cannot enforce the laws that the federal government is breaking…Unbelievable 

Edited by O Face
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

What a train wreck.  Haley could win, easily.  Young, vibrant, appears intelligent & acts presidential.  Can actually speak in full coherent sentences.  She would absolutely wipe the floor with Biden in a debate.  

She would get tons and tons of independent voters, women, and, if she was the nominee, many Trump supporters that will give her the vote as a vote against Biden/the left.

But instead, we’re going to get the guy that lost vs. Biden.  And if he loses again, …it’s back to the Trump playbook — the election was “rigged and stolen.”  …in-between his many court appearances, of course.  

If we as a country allow that to happen again, we deserve what we get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Haley could win, easily....

She would absolutely wipe the floor with Biden in a debate.  

Good comments, thanks for the thoughts.  I disagree a bit:  I don't think Nikki can beat Biden.  Her numbers are artificially high because of democrat voters.  Too many "NeverNikki" folks in the R party; even Ronna McDaniel has advised her to drop out.  

Also, I don't think they'll let Biden debate.  He's too retarded.  But I'm happy to bet a bottle of bourbon on my prediction!

• Like 1

Maybe Biden can debate a character off of Sesame Street. He might do well against Elmo.