Forums

1. Preflight

1. AFTO-781

New features / developments of the forums and Baseops.Net website will be posted here. Please post any problems you have, glitches, etc. Please click on HELP (upper right) for more info... Please do not PM your trouble calls.

Users post articles related to: Aviation Industry, DoD, National Security to foster serious discussion. Value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

This forum is designed for the purchase and sale of items for and by MILITARY members.

4. Useful Product Reviews & Military Discounts

This is a sub-forum where you can post product/service reviews. Please do your best to add any military specific information. For instance, if I'm reviewing Disney World, I might post a link to the Shades of Green website.

1. Squadron Bar

Off-topic discussion. Keep it civil, don't abuse this forum.

Discuss general topics in the Military and Aviation. Please post pilot-selection & "how do I get a pilot slot" questions in their appropriate forums.

Aviation Medicine discussion forum. Ask the Flight Doc your questions: waivers, flight physicals, qualifications, regulations.

4. Air National Guard / Air Force Reserves

ANG & AFRES discussion area. Bums can search for flying opportunities with other units.

This forum is dedicated to help all military spouses. Post any questions, ideas, concerns here.

1. What Are My Chances?

Looking for a pilot slot? Post your "what are my chances?" questions here: AFOQT, BAT, PCSM, ANG and AFRES Slots, *waivers* + more - please include your test scores, GPA, etc...

Questions about Pilot selection? Undergraduate Pilot Training - How to prepare, how to get a pilot slot. Please post your questions about your specific scores in the "what are my chances" forum.

ROTC & OTS discussion area. Post topics about ROTC/OTS classes, field training, detachments, etc.

A new forum designed for all of your questions! Have a stupid question? Get answers here. Also, NO PENALTY for asking something that's been asked in other threads. If you're a grey-beard, please try to help out by posting a synopsis version of the answer and a link to the thread you remember from 7 years ago.

1. Air Liaison Officer (ALO)

ALO career field information. Post information, questions, gouge; value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

CSO career field information. Post information, questions, gouge; value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

3. Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA/RPV/UAS/UAV)

RPA career field information (also known as Remotely Piloted Vehicle, Unmanned Aerial System, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). Post information, questions, gouge; value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

• Because I'm aggressively defending a position I believe in that happens to be contrary to yours, you continue to flail and search for a reason to dismiss, in this case, calling me a "troll." Real original. But I do thank you for recognizing that my position is sophisticated and nuanced. Keep working at it, and you, too, may have one one day as well. I had no idea that podcast existed until you started bitching about it. It isn't my favorite, but I do appreciate the introduction. I'll probably keep listening. Nothing piques my interest more than someone attempting to discourage me from watching, listening, reading something they disagree with. What is it with you and Tucker? You've brought him up a half dozen times when no one else has. It's weird. I haven't listened to Rogan in a couple week so I hadn't realized he was on. You realize what I'm going to do now, right? LOL For months you've been obsessing over him. My reply to you back in August:
    • It’s not surprising, each of their communities did what anyone would do - expel the garbage to somewhere else ASAP. And smartly they sent them to AU where they can have the least impact. Related note, I’m still undecided who’s the most useless - AU or the ATF.
    • I can assure you even empty a full frame plastic pistol will effectively pistol-whip somebody if that’s what you’re down to. Polymers don’t quick give the way an eye socket does. And the barrel is great for an in hand smash grip. Doesn’t feel as natural as a full frame metal or revolver, but it’s still way harder than your fist. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • No we all get it you’re a troll. You just like to be a more sophisticated one than our regular troll. I just like pointing out the dubious guests and theories by your new favorite podcast to champion because anybody taking your advise to give service to them is gonna waste their time figuring that out first hand. It’s like watching you defend Tucker as still being needed to be listened too seriously. That’s a Rogan episode you can definitely skip. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • What is the alternative? Do we leave the Pacific except for remaining in Guam? What position does that put our allies in the Pacific in vis a vis an ever growing China? If we leave the Pacific we will resign our status as a Global Super Power that has sustained the current International Order and acknowledge a bipolar or multipolar world. Is it in our nations best interest to do so? In Ukraine, do we give up and allow Russia to take it? If we did nothing at the start isn’t that akin to Neville Chamberlain and Hitler? I’d argue each nation with interests has its own agency in the matter and is acting in accordance with what it believes to be its own best interests. John Mearsheimer 101. It’s a zero sum game — it’s all about power and security. Both domestically and internationally. You could make an argument that we are already at a low level of or run up to Word War currently with Ukraine and Russia, Israel and Hamas, Iran and Israel and the Houthis. The only powder keg that hasn’t kicked off yet is in the Pacific. But, it could easily. Imagine a scenario like the P-3 colliding with a PLA aircraft in today’s geopolitical landscape. I think the best case scenario is a rapid realization that we have deliberately set up our military to be sized for a war in one theater and deterring in another. We did that because we were still the leading superpower. We are facing a challenge that calls into question our ability to win with our current force structure given the problems around the world. Whether our politicians are marching us steadily towards wider conflict isn’t as important as whether or not our politicians are equipping us to win that conflict and if we will have the political will to see that conflict through. If we are successful we delay or defeat the pattern of Great Powers not remaining Great Powers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Topics