World War III Updates

gearhog

38 minutes ago, ecugringo said:

Not to derail this but if trump is getting 55% of the primary votes in states…,what will the other 45% vote for if they are anti trump?  SC will be interesting to see how Haley does but I’d guess a sizeable amount don’t vote for trump and we have weekend at bidens to deal with again.

When you look at the overall polls for the GOP primary, Trump is up 50 or so points above Haley.  NH was an outlier compared to the vast majority of the other states due to how they allow anyone to vote in either party’s primary.  2016 was much worse of a primary with all the candidates staying in for a while, and yet, Trump still got what needed from the GOP base in the general election.  As for Republicans that won’t vote for Trump because he’s Trump (it’s not even close to 45%) that can matter in the general when a handful of swing states could be that close.

image.thumb.png.efe5e2034b1f8a4c6cc1cb1f17d548d1.png

I doubt that many R's will sit it out in the general at the risk of four more years of Biden.  I'm sure a few will, but I doubt it'll be a significant number.  As much as the never-Trumpers dislike Trump, they dislike Biden just as much and at least Trump *might* decrease the severity of a couple problems they care about.

I see it completely the opposite direction, respectfully.  Trump’s presence on the ticket drives moderates and never-Trumpers away.  

Similar observation, conspiracy theory airline captains aside.

Alert delivered on Fri Feb 02 2024 14:41:34 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time):

Caption: UPDATE: US CENTCOM confirms US conducted airstrikes in Iraq and Syria against 85 targets related to IRGC Quds Force and affiliated militia groups: US CENTCOM, Government Photo via X (formerly Twitter).

Original Text: CENTCOM Statement on U.S. Stikes in Iraq and Syria

At 4:00 p.m. (EST) Feb. 02, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) forces conducted airstrikes in Iraq and Syria against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Quds Force and affiliated militia groups. U.S. military forces… https://t.co/uKLdS2Euu7 https://t.co/q9gFDxppmo

Link: https://x.com/CENTCOM/status/1753533250146824348

Link to alert in First Alert: https://firstalert.dataminr.com/#alertDetail/6/1382572037-1706909947677-3

3 minutes ago, uhhello said:

They only had a week to get out of town....

They are hitting 85 targets in the opening salvo…I hope our retaliatory strike isn’t just a symbolic gesture and has some real bite. Fuck Iran. 

They only had a week to get out of town....

It’s a careful dance…how to respond properly without escalating vertically or horoztonally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Skitzo said:

It’s a careful dance…how to respond properly without escalating vertically or horoztonally.

It's not a careful dance, it's limp dick garbage.  I want maximum carnage as our response to the Tower 22 attack, instead they are telegraphing the strikes a week beforehand and blowing up empty warehouses while all Iranians forward deployed get a couple weeks off at home.  WTF.

No surprises though, the same genius generals who have lost for 20 years are in charge of this retaliatory strike. Of course it's going to be weak bullshit. Bottom line: our enemies don't fear us and so we lose and continue to lose.

I've been hoping to kill Iranians since this attack during my third deployment.  Fuck Iran, they are a paper tiger and we need to show teeth.  All of our supposedly experienced colonels and generals advocate a measured response but we need our boot on their throat or we need to get the fuck out of that AO.  Play to win or go home.

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I think they delayed the strikes to not overshadow the return of the remains.

Which is EXACTLY the problem.  No delay...hammer them as a backdrop and message of response for those brave Americans.  I don't want war, but weakness is the wrong signal to people that want to end our way of life.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

It's not a careful dance, it's limp dick garbage.  I want maximum carnage as our response to the Tower 22 attack, instead they are telegraphing the strikes a week beforehand and blowing up empty warehouses while all Iranians forward deployed get a couple weeks off at home.  WTF.

No surprises though, the same genius generals who have lost for 20 years are in charge of this retaliatory strike. Of course it's going to be weak bullshit. Bottom line: our enemies don't fear us and so we lose and continue to lose.

I've been hoping to kill Iranians since this attack during my third deployment.  Fuck Iran, they are a paper tiger and we need to show teeth.  All of our supposedly experienced colonels and generals advocate a measured response but we need our boot on their throat or we need to get the fuck out of that AO.  Play to win or go home.

With you 100%, but this one isn’t necessarily on the brass, our indecisive and lack luster policies are driven by the Ivy League academic liberals that make up the OSD staff and quite honestly run the entire defense enterprise (civilian control and all which I’m a huge fan of with the right people.) I’ve seen a handful of our GOs try to do the right thing in combatant commands only to get handcuffed by the shirks up at OSD.

• Upvote 1

Lindsey Graham said the other day that we can see at least 4 major oil refineries in Iran. Obliterate one and tell those SOBs now you have 3. Want to try for 2? Oil refineries are already primed to blow anyway.

At a minimum hit the pipeline nodes transporting oil to the tankers in port. If they can't get it to port they can't sell it. Now That's a sanction with teeth.

Even if they stack ADA around the refineries it's damned difficult to cover the entire pipeline network. Turn off the cash cow and you turn off the ability to make trouble.

Lindsey Graham said the other day that we can see at least 4 major oil refineries in Iran. Obliterate one and tell those SOBs now you have 3. Want to try for 2? Oil refineries are already primed to blow anyway.
At a minimum hit the pipeline nodes transporting oil to the tankers in port. If they can't get it to port they can't sell it. Now That's a sanction with teeth.
Even if they stack ADA around the refineries it's damned difficult to cover the entire pipeline network. Turn off the cash cow and you turn off the ability to make trouble.

Strike 3 at first leave 1
That will focus their minds

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dream big said:

With you 100%, but this one isn’t necessarily on the brass, our indecisive and lack luster policies are driven by the Ivy League academic liberals that make up the OSD staff and quite honestly run the entire defense enterprise (civilian control and all which I’m a huge fan of with the right people.) I’ve seen a handful of our GOs try to do the right thing in combatant commands only to get handcuffed by the shirks up at OSD.

Then said GOs should resign. Have some moral courage FFS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fire4effect said:

That would be horrible for the climate…and the left has told us that climate change is the greatest threat we face.

4 hours ago, dream big said:

I used to think this way too but have changed my mind in the last few years. You are right about Ivy League OSD staff being idiots directly responsible for failed policies (how many of those weaklings have ever been in a fight?) but I also blame senior military leaders.  Many of them are good people with good hearts, but there is a culture of overly compliant subservience which is unhealthy.  They order people to take physical risks, yet they themselves are 0% willing to take moral, administrative or ethical risks on behalf of those people exposed to harm; that is unacceptable.

Think about when our nation used to win wars and the generals who led us to victories: Billy Mitchell, Patton, MacArthur... do we have 4 stars today capable of leading boldly and accepting the consequences, their own career be damned? No. 

I have also seen a handful of general officers try to do the right thing or push forward mildly aggressive COAs.  However, all of them pivoted at the first sign of resistance for fear of their own progression.  The military still attracts hard-core pipe hitting young people, and God bless them. Unfortunately all of our senior military leadership has proven incapable of winning wars, and yes, I blame them for that failure.

• Like 2

F’ing Christ….

We are literally running the script of Iron Eagle as Geopolitics now…

Word for word it’s the threat given to rando middle eastern strongman’s military and the reaction at 3:20…

• Upvote 2

100%. They would collapse - and I mean collapse - after about four days of full onslaught.

Zeihan has thoughts on that

My druthers, beating Iran down is worth the risk to the secondary disruption to the global economy.
If you don’t establish deterrence via disproportionate retaliation then prepare for a decade of deadly harassment from rogue nations

• Like 1