Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

Creepy thought:  Ukrainian winter wheat planting period starts in July.

Given some of the issues in shipping out their current agricultural output, it won’t matter much.

The Sea Lanes are effectively closed and those agreements to let their stuff pass fell apart.

The countries all sharing land borders won’t let the Uke’s sell into their local markets because of the devaluation it is doing to their crops by ballooning the available supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From AP News:

..the military services used replacement costs rather than the book value of equipment that was pulled from Pentagon stocks and sent to Ukraine. 

As a result, the department now has additional money in its coffers to use to support Ukraine

“It’s just going to go back into the pot of money that we have allocated” for the future Pentagon stock drawdowns,” said Singh.

I'd always shake my head at the budget shenanigans in the military and the wider government.  "Different colors of money," "fiscal year end dollars," all that bullshit.  But I get that a lot of those gyrations had some larger purpose, however inefficient.

Given the above quotes though, can't we all agree we're just fucking making it up at this point?  Give Ukraine 1,000 tanks, 10,000 pieces of artillery, and a whole wing of F-16's, and tell the American people it was all worth $100, because we said so.

It doesn't appear that anyone cares anymore.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

Any accountability for that pentagon accounting “error”?

didn’t think so. 

It went.....

download(8).jpeg.03d48b43a2074f6d003113594b0f8141.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CNN ran a story this morning quoting a Ukrainian pilot saying they "Couldn't do anything" against the Russian Air Force.

They later updated the article headline as it was apparently too revealing of the struggles of the Ukrainian forces.

https://twitter.com/Mahmood88239370/status/1671536648553906179?s=20

The original article removed from CNN, but still available on its affiliate websites:

https://www.egyptindependent.com/we-cant-do-anything-ukrainian-pilots-plead-for-f-16s-as-they-struggle-to-contain-russian-aviation/

The new whitewashed article.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/21/europe/ukraine-pilot-f16-russia-intl/index.html

Edited by gearhog

Starting to see OS Reporting that Russia blew up multiple Wagner camps across Ukraine. That Ivan man, who knew he’d provide that much support TO Ukraine. First equipment and now fires!!!

IMG_1682.jpeg

Edited by McJay Pilot
Added “proof”
  • Upvote 1

Excellent opportunity for Ukraine to exploit the logistics open question Wagner has created with Rostov-On-Don, and make inroads towards splitting the land bridge to the Sea of Azov.

"Better lucky than good.. fuck it, now Choot!" ~Sun Tzu, probably

slava Ukraini.

• Upvote 3

Seeing reports that Putin’s plane has departed Moscow & that Lukashenko may have departed Minsk for Ankara. LOTS of pieces in the air & all information will be highly suspect as various factions attempt to control the narrative. Next few days will be very interesting. 

11 minutes ago, uhhello said:

and just like that it's over 🙂

I dunno. Prigozhin & the whole Wagner group now have a huge target on their backs. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this isn’t the last we’ve heard about security instability within Russia’s borders. I hear there are some loyal Putinist Chechans itching for a fight…

41 minutes ago, kaputt said:

And some sort of back channel deal seems to have halted the march on Moscow.

Belarus says Lukashenko helped broker deal with Prigozhin

Reports say Chechnya leader Ramzan Kadyrov stepped in to help Putin, had his soldiers surround the Wagner Group convoy.  Defiantly sketchy in Russia right now.

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 2.10.52 PM.png