COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, gearhog said:

HoR Select Subcomittee on the Coronavirous Pandemic staff memo .pdf. Worth reading the whole thing.

https://t.co/xGylpy3aUR

Prison.

Yikes. Dude seems like a sycophant more than a mastermind, but Jesus how much more proof do people need?

One thing that stands out after having read the entire document, these people all seem to have believed their bullshit. I don't suspect Peter dashek and fauci believed their lies about the issue, but the leadership rarely does. However I suspect all of these underling scientists that were involved in letter campaigns, the actual research, testimony, news interviews, and all the other ways they were employed, really truly were so enamored with their scientific heroes that they believed anything they were told to believe, and thus believed they were justified in plainly absurd things such as overtly avoiding the foia requests, or promoting the natural origins theory.

It goes to show how we are in an era of incompetence, with narcissistic clowns at the top of nearly every organization: Corporate America, academia, the government. 

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://nypost.com/2024/06/02/opinion/nih-scientists-made-710m-in-royalties-from-drug-makers-a-fact-they-tried-to-hide/

"Almost all that cash — $690 million — went to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), the subagency led by Dr. Anthony Fauci, and 260 of its scientists."

"Information about this vast private royalty complex is tightly held by NIH"

"It’s unclear if any of the Covid vaccine royalties from Pfizer and Moderna, the latter of which settled with NIH by agreeing to pay $400 million, is even included in these new numbers. NIH isn’t saying."

I notice all the defenders of C19 policies from a few years ago have gone silent.  Anyone getting the new boosters?  Anyone still think schools should’ve been closed longer & masks on airplanes “saved lives?”  Anyone still glad we censored actual scientists & allowed malicious actors like Fauci to drive the narrative?  

I don’t want to shame fellow posters here.  Moving forward I just want us to acknowledge that we shouldn’t reflexively trust the government, we should value and preserve freedom, and we must demand accountability from these people.  And in the future, when an event happens and all media is synchronized that we have no time to think or debate and must immediately implement highly restrictive measures for safety, and the experts will tell us when we’re allowed freedom again… when that event inevitably happens: they’re lying.  Resist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I don’t want to shame fellow posters here.  Moving forward I just want us to acknowledge that we shouldn’t reflexively trust the government, we should value and preserve freedom, and we must demand accountability from these people.  And in the future, when an event happens and all media is synchronized that we have no time to think or debate and must immediately implement highly restrictive measures for safety, and the experts will tell us when we’re allowed freedom again… when that event inevitably happens: they’re lying.  Resist.

Keep receipts. The average American has a very short memory. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I notice all the defenders of C19 policies from a few years ago have gone silent.  Anyone getting the new boosters?  Anyone still think schools should’ve been closed longer & masks on airplanes “saved lives?”  Anyone still glad we censored actual scientists & allowed malicious actors like Fauci to drive the narrative?  

A few months ago there was some doubling down from a number of those individuals (not sure if it was in this thread).

Most of those ppl seemed to either push the narrative because their "team" was pushing it, or they hoped if they acted like a good dog and spouted obedience above all they wouldn't get passed over...again...

It showed where military leadership is, that’s for sure.  Everything I’ve seen since the invasion of Iraq (and it only got worse and worse) to today would make me very hesitant to recommend someone join the military, unless it’s for their own personal gain reasons (so risk vs reward), and it’s very sad for me to say this.  I’m so glad I’m retired. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I'll just pile on to say that none of what is coming out right now is a revelation. All of this was knowable, was known, and was frankly obvious to neutral parties who were labelled as partisan to serve the interests of the opposing political party.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ViperMan said:

I'll just pile on to say that none of what is coming out right now is a revelation. All of this was knowable, was known, and was frankly obvious to neutral parties who were labelled as partisan to serve the interests of the opposing political party.

Today I overheard three young LTs discussing the arm pain from their latest round of anthrax shots before they head out the door for an overseas vacation. To ViperMan's point, there is info out there about what the anthrax course has done to military members in the past (especially the early days).  I'm still dealing with it to a degree.  Yet no one bothers to look into it, and I admittedly was guilty of the same many years ago.  As one of the old guys in the squadron in the twilight of my career, I should be there to mentor folks.  I've been told (in a roundabout manner) to keep my mouth shut about the whole vaccine thing.  Funny how that works.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 12:11 PM, VMFA187 said:

Keep receipts. The average American has a very short memory. 

Just a few:

On 9/4/2021 at 2:27 PM, pawnman said:

Take it up with SECDEF.

They've already kicked one person for refusing the vaccine and mask.  I'm pretty sure there's about to be a bunch more.

I'll be cheering each and every one.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, Pooter said:

For what it's worth, I trust the vaccine because of the pharmaceutical companies, not in spite of them.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, Prozac said:

To your first point: getting the high risk population vaccinated is a hurdle that we have yet to pass, as you alluded to. Assuming we get there, you may have a valid point. I’d say ask a epidemiologist. I’m not one, and so far they are saying we need 70-80% vaccination to eradicate this disease. As I am not an expert on the topic, I’m inclined to believe them. 

To your second point: We can all hem and haw over the effectiveness of various local policies regarding trying to stem the spread of COVID. I certainly don’t agree with everything going on in my neck of the country (especially schools remaining closed), but there are a lot of people attempting to make policy with the best information they have. I wouldn’t want their jobs & honestly don’t understand what they stand to gain by implementing restrictions other than pissing off a large portion of society. Regardless of how you or I feel about these policies, they will be here for the duration of the pandemic. It stands to reason that if you want those restrictions to go away, you should very much be pro vaccine. 

On 12/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

CS,

Go to the VARS site and read up on all the adverse reactions to all the vaccines you've ever taken, to include the yearly flu one.  Once your head spins from all the reported reactions, you might realize this one is no different.  If you've survived all the others, you will likely be fine. 

GFC, the crybaby mentality of people these days... grow a pair.  If Pelosi can push though it....

Out

On 2/2/2021 at 4:55 PM, pawnman said:

Certainly get that take.  On the flip side, I have ~60 cadets looking at me as a role model.  So if I can influence them to also get the vaccine when offered, I want to do whatever I can.

Plus... The sooner most of us are vaccinated, the sooner bars start opening and concerts resume.  And I can actually go somewhere with my use or lose leave.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:16 AM, nsplayr said:

If anyone doesn't want their vaccine, at this point, fine. I'll take yours and if there's more to dole out I've got plenty of friends and family that want theirs ASAP too.

IMHO we should continue to follow the mostly age-based & somewhat job-based distribution plans but speed things up as much as humanly possible. If there are leftover vials at the end of the day, just jam that shit into anyone who wants it. 24/7 vaccination centers, etc. Don't let a single drop go to waste & try your best to make available vaccines = vaccines administered. It ain't doing anyone any good sitting in the fridge.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:06 PM, Homestar said:

The real issue with a vaccine is that the disease doesn't cause enough suffering in the population to get people motivated.

If COVID-19 left your children paralyzed and in an iron lung the discussion wouldn't be so concerned with #freedom.

However, even in the early 20th century during the polio pandemic there was a strong anti-vax movement.  Learned that from a Stuff You Should Know podcast while I was studying for my Gender Studies major.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, Snuggie said:

I don't hate the idea IF it was a part of a national PR campaign. With so many people being concerned about the speed of the development of the vaccine I would invite celebrities (I don't have to know who they are) that are respected by groups that are being hesitant about receiving the vaccine. Get a Tik Tok star, some professional athletes, The Rock, and an influencer, put them on TV getting the vaccine and have them use their social media to get the word out. Maybe wait a few weeks until the 65+ age group is done but don't be afraid to give it earlier. 

This also wouldn't be the first time the US has done this, Elvis helped out with the polio vaccine: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/12/18/elvis-presley-polio-vaccine-confidence-448131

On 9/6/2021 at 9:21 PM, jazzdude said:

The hard part in all those is that from the aggregate, as a society, it makes sense to vaccinate given the low likelihood of adverse affects. The benefits to the overall society out weighs the risk to a few within the population.

• Thanks 9

@pawnman @Pooter @Prozac @disgruntledemployee @nsplayr @Homestar @Snuggie @jazzdude

You all just got directly called out in the debrief.  Full accountability.  Care to defend, retract, alter or otherwise explain your stances?  Accountability is what we need and what most of you have preached.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

@pawnman @Pooter @Prozac @disgruntledemployee @nsplayr @Homestar @Snuggie @jazzdude

You all just got directly called out in the debrief.  Full accountability.  Care to defend, retract, alter or otherwise explain your stances?  Accountability is what we need and what most of you have preached.

Aside from nsplayr, I think these dudes have exited the ROZ…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourFans said:

Where? For what?

Oh, this, "9th Circuit Court Concurred COVID-19 mRNA Injections Are NOT Legally Vaccines."

If you recollect in all the debate when the vax was coming out, I was never for mandate and quite curious in now "they" made em.  I never told you or anyone to get a vax.  Remember, I'm more Libertarian and love freedom.  My house, I was the only one and that was because I was forced to in order to keep my job.  We have a complicated history regarding shots.

As for the ruling, buckle up for corps and govt teaming up to flip this, because it's a shit ton of potential damages.  Next up, school vax mandates.

PS, J&J's vax was more traditional and not an mRNA.  Picking the biochemical method to fight a disease as a legal term for vaccine will be a fight too.

On 6/11/2024 at 10:43 AM, disgruntledemployee said:

PS, J&J's vax was more traditional and not an mRNA.  Picking the biochemical method to fight a disease as a legal term for vaccine will be a fight too.

The headline of that article is dumb, and not what was ruled.  What the 9th circuit is actually saying is a blanket approval of all vaccine mandates is a misapplication of the Jacobson ruling.  Jacobson is predicated on a legitimate government interest in preventing the spread of a disease.  If a vaccine does not do that, then Jacobson doesn't apply.

So the biochemical method has nothing to do with it, nor does the "newness" of mRNA vaccines.

On 6/11/2024 at 8:30 AM, FourFans said:

I think my main stance was pretty consistent throughout:

mandates for civilians = bad

mandates for military = shut up and color

But for debrief purposes:

Knowing what we know now about efficacy, should it have been mandated? No. 

Do I think it was a horrible reckless medical experimentation campaign that subjected service members to huge risk? Also no. Virtually everyone I know got the first two jabs, and I know zero vaccine injured people. 

Did I take any boosters? Also no. I caught covid within 9 months of my 2 shots, reference the efficacy point above.

Last thing I’ll say is: a big frustration for me in this thread has been that you guys project every gripe you have with the government covid regime on a handful of us slightly dissenting voices, who actually agree with you on most of the big picture issues here. 

I also think the government seized on a crisis to try and take as much power as possible. I also think suppression of the lab leak was bullshit. I also think fauci has perjured himself numerous times and probably belongs in jail. I also think the lockdowns accomplished nothing and were a huge detriment to the economy and people’s mental health. 

I just think there’s an argument to be made for military mandates (in general), a lot of the objections were based on pretty weak BS, and the shot was never very risky. Still happy to debate those. 

Edited by Pooter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1