What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Scuttlebutt only at this point but I've heard ACC, AMC and GSC all go away and a new MAJCOM called "Combat Forces will be formed encompassing everything from Fighters, Bombers, Tankers, and Air Mobility in one giant dysfunctional command.  Sounds like a giant flashback to the Composite Wings under good ole Merrill. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Scuttlebutt only at this point but I've heard ACC, AMC and GSC all go away and a new MAJCOM called "Combat Forces will be formed encompassing everything from Fighters, Bombers, Tankers, and Air Mobility in one giant dysfunctional command.  Sounds like a giant flashback to the Composite Wings under good ole Merrill. 

Well, that will get rid of a bunch super-duper Command Chiefs, my last base before I retired had 4 guys make Chief in the Sq. They all got order's to Minot, Osan, Kunsan and Oman. All of them chose to retire, service before self  lost its luster to them.

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

One ring to rule them all, bwha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

image.thumb.png.078471fd70559b3e5756a30ebc81be37.png

• Like 1

The more things change…

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

1 hour ago, HeyEng said:

It looks like a mini Viper on cover the of the video. Kinda like Bally's Bomber.  Build smaller aircraft so children and midgets can fly them.  Every aircraft would cost 7/8s cheaper to build.  Smaller life support equipment, less beans to feed them, smaller tents and etcetera = less of a footprint.  

They would be labeled MKSs Midget Killer Squadrons  Pure aerial badasses but in a 1/8 scale.   This won't happen because it's cheaper and the military industrial companies will make less money.   

1 hour ago, HeyEng said:

Old airframes!?, KC-135 and B-52 guys going surely you jest. Do elephant walks count as sorties now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SocialD said:

Much like myself, it's the miles, not the years.  

After this last week in Vegas, I think my ODO rolled from 99,000 back to 0…for the 69th time. I’m never drinking again…for at least a week…maybe.

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:06 AM, ClearedHot said:

The way of the future.

Dont be shocked when AFSOC somehow gets nutrolled into this sacred cow slaughter... LOTS of folks will be running for the exits.

OBTW, they've also realized that the USAF isn't only made up of "service-retained" assets, so the wunderkind working on this one still have a big question mark on some of those platforms and communities. 

It's a mess but the good thing is the homework is due in January, so Im sure it'll be fully baked by then (s). Im sure it'll be fine.

Chuck

2 hours ago, Chuck17 said:

The way of the future.

Dont be shocked when AFSOC somehow gets nutrolled into this sacred cow slaughter... LOTS of folks will be running for the exits.

OBTW, they've also realized that the USAF isn't only made up of "service-retained" assets, so the wunderkind working on this one still have a big question mark on some of those platforms and communities. 

It's a mess but the good thing is the homework is due in January, so Im sure it'll be fully baked by then (s). Im sure it'll be fine.

Chuck

Honest question, what's the so what behind this?  What efficiencies or improvements do the powers that be expect to gain as part of this initiative?  Are there actual logical thought processes behind what they're trying to accomplish or this change for the sake of change (and promotions).  

19 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Old airframes!?, KC-135 and B-52 guys going surely you jest. Do elephant walks count as sorties now?

And I think “Old” for a tanker or bomber is different than “Old” for a fighter. The AF has reluctantly come around to my way of thinking and will purchase some F-15EX.

I always thought that Big Blue should have taken advantage of the continuing product and design improvements that Boeing and Lockheed have done on the F-15 and F-16 lines and sold overseas and have been replacing older airframes in their block groups.

16 hours ago, brabus said:

After this last week in Vegas, I think my ODO rolled from 99,000 back to 0…for the 69th time. I’m never drinking again…for at least a week…maybe.

Lol.

4 hours ago, Chuck17 said:

The way of the future.

Chuck

Maybe they can mix it up and make non combatants sq/cc s, something like LRS or Finance dudes leading flying squadrons.  Lets get 🤪.   

34 minutes ago, HeyEng said:

And I think “Old” for a tanker or bomber is different than “Old” for a fighter. The AF has reluctantly come around to my way of thinking and will purchase some F-15EX.

Old aircraft can still be used effectively. 

I flew a few Hueys that flew missions in Nam.  One still had sheet metal repairs from bullet holes....from Nam.  No shit.  

The Huey flew like a champion!   

It's the P-51 of helicopters.  All hands on.  No automation at all.  I have landed that thing in some gnarly places.   

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Your timing with this comment is more prescient than you know. 

I had to look up the word prescient. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dream big said:

What problem are they trying to fix? We don’t have enough MAJCOMs IMHO, C2 and big ISR should be in its own MAJCOM. Get rid of NAFs and Groups instead. 

Wait, I got it!  Rated retention!  If we don't have so many staffs, we don't have to man them, and all those non-command track O-4 and O-5 IPs can go back to flying the line!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Big brother coming to USAFA, they are actually hiring an outside contractor to monitor the Facebook account of cadets.  Interested parties may view the solicitation here and bid accordingly.

"There was no single incident on any social media site which prompted us to seek outside assistance, but rather the toxic tendencies..."

monty-python-holy-grail-and-the-flying-circus-john-cleese.gif

200w.gif

• Like 1