What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

51 minutes ago, StoleIt said:

I'm confused. What is going on here besides some AETC dude wearing a bag to something he probably should be in blues for?

RUMINT: He went on leave and spoke to press and supposedly the president of Kosovo - in uniform, without any oversight or pre-planning/official coordination.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, brwwg&b said:

RUMINT: He went on leave and spoke to press and supposedly the president of Kosovo - in uniform, without any oversight or pre-planning/official coordination.

Confirmed (thanks Google reverse image search!): https://atlantiku.com/albanian-american/first-albanian-usaf-pilot-edmond-smajli-makes-a-memorable-visit-to-kosovo/2023/10/14/

Wow, that idiot deserves to get crushed.

6 hours ago, dream big said:

If he was black or female he would probably be safe. He looks too privileged to not come out of this with some scratches. 

He should immediately identify as female, better yet a black female, making this a lesbian encounter!

No one would touch that with a ten foot pole!

• Haha 1

C.W. Lemoine breaks down the “Air Force Era of Transformation” on his podcast.

Decent discussion
I think it (however you define the problem) is as Thomas Sowell said there are no solutions only trade offs
If we institute a WO or flying only career track does that start to turn the AF into a subordinate service maybe not in name but reality, if we compare officers only to officers from the same career fields does that inevitably block some career fields from Col / GO slots, if we allow for promotion deferment do we set ourselves up for an unbalanced officer cadre?
My two cents, experimenting with the above and other policy changes is probably worth the risk at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This test launch is part of routine and periodic activities intended to demonstrate that the United States’ nuclear deterrent is safe, secure, reliable and effective to deter twenty-first century threats and reassure our allies. Such tests have occurred over 300 times before, and this test is not the result of current world events.

“A test launch displays the heart of our deterrence mission on the world’s stage, assuring our nation and its allies that our weapons are capable and our Airmen are ready and willing to defend peace across the globe at a moment's notice”

We got vital data before terminating the test for an unexpected anomaly! Great success!

ScreenShot2023-11-01at6_38_17PM.thumb.png.d278000986de327b3ab546ca998db6a5.png

Edited by gearhog
  • Downvote 2

On 10/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, brwwg&b said:

The stories about this guy coming out of Laughlin are... incredible. 

I look forward to hearing about his upcoming FTU training.  

• Upvote 1

Genuine question, can he even enter FTU training? There’s no way the government isn’t suspending his security clearance….right???

On 11/8/2023 at 8:35 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

Maybe his exploits volunteered him for a FAIP tour instead of what he dropped.

I think it usually is the opposite of that where they keep decent dudes around and send the turds off so they don't have to deal with them. I think that's why I was sent off instead of FAIP'ing.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 4:04 PM, HuggyU2 said:

Meh, we all did stupid stuff as lieutenants. 'Course the AF doesn't find out about most of it.  I'm still waiting for the hammer to drop on some of shenanigans I pulled as a Lt and I've been retired for 7 years. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, artvandelay43201 said:

I respect the hustle of taking advantage of a rule to try to get what you want. But to go crying to a newspaper because they aren't playing along... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

I respect the hustle of taking advantage of a rule to try to get what you want. But to go crying to a newspaper because they aren't playing along... 

Right!  Are we sure this doesn't belong in the WTF thread?  

Just stay in, have the kid, take a year off, never be available when you come back, schedule kid appointments in the middle of the day, come off sorties constantly because “the baby had a rough night”, get sent to the wing after the article about being a fierce fighter pilot Queen that can do it all, get tagged for a deployment, immediately get pregnant again, repeat cycle. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3