P-8 Poseidon slides off Runway

HeyEng

A P-8 Poseidon slid off the runway and into the water in Hawaii, possibly due to WX. No injuries reported and from the photos the damage looks minimal, but an inspection might reveal a hull loss if there is major damage to the MLG trunnions and engine pylons and wing spars.

2 hours ago, HeyEng said:

A P-8 Poseidon slid off the runway and into the water in Hawaii, possibly due to WX. No injuries reported and from the photos the damage looks minimal, but an inspection might reveal a hull loss if there is major damage to the MLG trunnions and engine pylons and wing spars.

That's one VERY expensive mishap. I complained the other day that aircrews downed aircraft for a myriad of questionable reasons to allow a stay in a tropical paradise. This crew wanted to leave no doubt.

Maybe they are taking sub hunting to the subs home turf.

“Sir target located designate Sierra 43!”

“Jefferson stop looking out the window and help me with this life raft.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brabus said:

I always said I’d fly anything, but it only takes a couple JS rides to know I will avoid that Boeing shit like the plague!

IMG_7320.gif.1ee57d94c4a05f4ca61a0d9a610bbccc.gif

Agreed.  I had to fly both before I could admit it, but these cheese-loving, surrender monkeys sure build a better airplane. 

• Haha 3

Subsequent photos show that the fuselage is cracked open so this aircraft will probably be written off. The P-8 has been one of the better DOD acquisitions and had a relatively smooth testing and fielding especially when you compare it to the KC-46!

34 minutes ago, M2 said:

There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky!

So it's a numbers game!?

There is always a first, and...

a chance (1).gif

Edited by Swizzle
Gif fix
  • Haha 1