Any y'all seen an F-35?

uhhello

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-military/2023/09/18/search-on-for-missing-marine-corps-fighter-jet-after-pilot-ejects/

A Marine Corps pilot safely ejected from a fighter jet over North Charleston on Sunday afternoon and the search for his missing aircraft was focused on two lakes north of North Charleston, military officials said.

The pilot ejected and parachuted safely into a North Charleston neighborhood at about 2 p.m. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was in stable condition, said Maj. Melanie Salinas. The pilot’s name has not been released.

Based on the missing plane’s location and trajectory, the search for the F-35 Lightning II jet was focused on Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion, said Senior Master Sgt. Heather Stanton at Joint Base Charleston. Both lakes are north of North Charleston.

Edited by uhhello

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History lesson. 

On 4 July 1989, a pilotless MiG-23 jet fighter of the Soviet Air Forces crashed into a house in Bellegem, near Kortrijk, Belgium, killing one person. The pilot had ejected over an hour earlier near Kołobrzeg, Poland, after experiencing technical problems, but the aircraft continued flying for around 900 km (600 mi) before running out of fuel and descending into the ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Belgium_MiG-23_crash

• Upvote 1

I saw somewhere that the F-35 pilot put the jet on autopilot before he punched. I wonder if he was in the controlled bailout area before doing that because I think they've got a good spot away from population if they can't find the wreckage lol.

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

I saw somewhere that the F-35 pilot put the jet on autopilot before he punched. I wonder if he was in the controlled bailout area before doing that because I think they've got a good spot away from population if they can't find the wreckage lol.

They'll find it in a remote desert parked next to Flight 19

• Haha 2