World War III Updates

gearhog

Just now, tac airlifter said:

It’s called a speedball, and the Afghan AF nearly (probably) killed people like that.  I watched them toss an A3 bag full of boots off DZ in Badakhshan into a house.

kicked many a speedball out the door onto OPs mountain side

20 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

And now the Houthi's may have hypersonics...that might change the game a bit.  They are threatening to hit Israel proper which should be fun for everyone.

I'm still wondering how they're able to keep their logistics going to maintain their launch optempo. I can see if they've stockpiled a fair amount in the years no one was looking but sooner or later they're going to run out of missiles. Going forward if we catch you with contraband, you getting your A$$ sunk or blown up. No questions asked.

2 hours ago, fire4effect said:

I'm still wondering how they're able to keep their logistics going to maintain their launch optempo. I can see if they've stockpiled a fair amount in the years no one was looking but sooner or later they're going to run out of missiles. Going forward if we catch you with contraband, you getting your A$$ sunk or blown up. No questions asked.

The Iranians are actively resupplying them.  We simply don’t have the political balls to authorize ROE that would do what you propose.  It’s similar to our Vietnam guys watching the USSR send in parts for SA sites, but not allowed to strike until operational.  Our idiot generals have learned nothing & continue to fail the nation but see themselves promoted.

Enemies are driving the fight, seizing the initiative, executing bold COAs; we just respond.  So long as this paradigm continues our technological and tactical superiority will be neutered.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
IMG_4872.thumb.jpeg.5b3da9b7eae20f2639efe949fce20c9b.jpeg
Damnit [mention=14192]Biff_T[/mention] if you’d stayed in, flying helos, you could’ve been an ace!!  3 or 4 times over, I’m guessing. 

There are currently 2x US Apache pilots with air to air engagements against a type 3/4 UAS.

That would be 1 more kill than a lot of guys flying things with pointy noses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Good Old Lawman, such a jovial guy, finds a way to turn every conversation into some weird, unsolicited, dick measuring contest.  
I know an Air Force TACP who killed a bunch of guys with his rifle. That’s way more dead guys than a lot of Army Infantry dudes have killed…See how obnoxious that sounds?  
Anyway, always loved this story.  Air America UH-1 with an air to air kill on an AN-2. 

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/incredible-story-air-america-uh-1d-huey-shot-north-vietnamese-2-colt-biplane/

Edited by O Face
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, brabus said:

Well if we’re counting UAS as shoot downs, guess I’m damn near an ace! (/sarcasm)

Exactly!  Throw in a couple more Chinese hot air balloons and you’ll be giving Dick Bong a run for his money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Lawman said:

There are currently 2x US Apache pilots with air to air engagements against a type 3/4 UAS.

That would be 1 more kill than a lot of guys flying things with pointy noses.

2 hours ago, O Face said:

Good Old Lawman, such a jovial guy, finds a way to turn every conversation into some weird, unsolicited, dick measuring contest.  
I know an Air Force TACP who killed a bunch of guys with his rifle. That’s way more dead guys than a lot of Army Infantry dudes have killed…See how obnoxious that sounds?  
Anyway, always loved this story.  Air America UH-1 with an air to air kill on an AN-2. 

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/incredible-story-air-america-uh-1d-huey-shot-north-vietnamese-2-colt-biplane/

I upvoted both comments just to stir the pot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Well if we’re counting UAS as shoot downs, guess I’m damn near an ace! (/sarcasm)

If hovering Helicopters hit with a bomb count yes we would like something done about the 1 way low cost cruise missiles. Plus historically V-1s counted.

Seriously, as I alluded too in another thread you do not want the Army working out its own solutions to this problem. Hearing some knucklehead yelling “Fox 3” over FH-secure should scare the hell out of all of us.

The guy said Fox3?! Wow, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. I’ve worked with some awesome 64 guys, but I also have been surprised at some of the mouth breathers flying them.

The guy said Fox3?! Wow, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. I’ve worked with some awesome 64 guys, but I also have been surprised at some of the mouth breathers flying them.

No, just making the point of having guys with an Acitve RF missile designed to kill tanks but “hey look it works on drones” isn’t a solution anybody wants. The prox fuse was put there for the FIAC mission over the Gulf. Air Defense of force isn’t in the METL, and nobody wants it there (except maybe Warren, but we all agree that guy is crazy).

The fact they did it surprised everybody. It wasn’t planned for that either, there was desire to have something in the back pocket since the KA-52s had started carrying Archers. That ECAB commander was… special.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

We really need to get our junior enlisted back into shady Dodge Charger loans and questionable Fayetteville-quality pussy. Seems like a better way to spend your leave.

🙄🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, kaputt said:

Well then, he will be happy to hear that Hamas has cut the price of the FREE food/aid.

Unrelated: Didn't the US dispose of Mohamed Farrah Aidid in Somalia for the exact same thing Hamas is doing?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Israel continues to do good work.

https://apple.news/APIQSH1_5RHm-1iOPVCvBjA

And Iran is threatening a "large, direct strike on Israel proper"...that should calm things down.  Last night Uncle Joe caved to the left and called for a Cease Fire.  Terrible situation, Hamas can not be allowed to survive, but you can't kill hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in the process.

10 hours ago, nsplayr said:

:flag_waving: More please!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

And Iran is threatening a "large, direct strike on Israel proper"...that should calm things down.  Last night Uncle Joe caved to the left and called for a Cease Fire.  Terrible situation, Hamas can not be allowed to survive, but you can't kill hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in the process.

100%. But the thing that troubles me is, if I want to be consistent in my thinking, I have to consider the hundreds of thousands of civilians killed as a result of our response to a terrorist attack. How does one reconcile their opinion of those two operations without being hypocritical?