The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

Perhaps but man... Her whole resume... She went into consulting after 3 years of service. When's the last time anyone asked to consult with a lieutenant on ing anything? Lol. But you're right. The SJ mentality hurts her more than helps her. 
Well, that's one of the differences between the military and civilian sector... Rank don't mean crap after service...

52 minutes ago, jazzdude said:
5 hours ago, FLEA said:
Perhaps but man... Her whole resume... She went into consulting after 3 years of service. When's the last time anyone asked to consult with a lieutenant on ing anything? Lol. But you're right. The SJ mentality hurts her more than helps her. 

Well, that's one of the differences between the military and civilian sector... Rank don't mean crap after service...

Right but experience does and I can't see how someone with less than 4 years of service could REALLY deliver on that. 

• Upvote 2

Anybody on the outside of the circle dumb enough to assume some vast greatness was experienced through a single enlistment is an idiot.

Think about how much you “knew” at 3-4 years time in service… just enough to not kill yourself or anybody else doing your expected job so long as you listened to the people with 8-10 years and did what they tell you.

She was right at the place in life where you assume some level of responsibility for individual decisions because the jar has been filled with enough knowledge water to work on a staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't get hung up on the "consulting" title.  In the civilian world, it often is just another term for an analyst or other basic minion.

Reading the rest of her resume though, it seems clear she was identified as a "shiny penny" in the Democratic party early on, and pushed accordingly.  She ran for Congress twice and lost each time (2018 and 2020).  That's not cheap, and I have to assume she was getting financial support from the DNC.  I assume the Undersecretary gig was her consolation prize.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

Anybody on the outside of the circle dumb enough to assume some vast greatness was experienced through a single enlistment is an idiot.

Think about how much you “knew” at 3-4 years time in service… just enough to not kill yourself or anybody else doing your expected job so long as you listened to the people with 8-10 years and did what they tell you.

She was right at the place in life where you assume some level of responsibility for individual decisions because the jar has been filled with enough knowledge water to work on a staff.

Would you agree that even a short of stint of military service is better than none? For a job that requires zero military experience? That is also a political appointment?

The check on some rando being appointed is that the Senate has to confirm the USecAF. And her credentials were good enough for the Senate to confirm.

Plus she's had a decent amount of time in DIA, so while not in the AF it's time within DOD.

And secretaries, undersecretaries, and assistant secretaries all have staffs that support them in their decision making.

All that to say, chucking spears at her decision making are valid. But her experience or lack thereof don't really matter because it's not a requirement for the job so long as the Senate confirms, and civilian control of the military means that many of the civilians in charge of the military won't have significant military service.

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't get hung up on the "consulting" title.  In the civilian world, it often is just another term for an analyst or other basic minion.
Reading the rest of her resume though, it seems clear she was identified as a "shiny penny" in the Democratic party early on, and pushed accordingly.  She ran for Congress twice and lost each time (2018 and 2020).  That's not cheap, and I have to assume she was getting financial support from the DNC.  I assume the Undersecretary gig was her consolation prize.

I mean let’s not lie we are guilty of the same kind of “looks good to me” future progression type of thinking.

How often have we seen the chosen son/daughter or one of the anointed favorites of a commander seemingly progress to loftier positions ahead of peers often times more deserving and at the detriment to the long term health of the system.

The dangerous ones (both politically and militarily) are the ones with selfish ambition to higher position because of the power it brings and early recognition that they are amongst the beautiful peoples club. Those are the careerists/politicians they scare me, because they’ve figured out how to weaponize the stratification in the system in a way that ceases being a meritorious reward and merely checks all the right boxes in the visual check. And not one damn bit of their motivation to do a job has any override on the desire to merely progress higher up the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jazzdude said:

Would you agree that even a short of stint of military service is better than none? For a job that requires zero military experience? That is also a political appointment?

The check on some rando being appointed is that the Senate has to confirm the USecAF. And her credentials were good enough for the Senate to confirm.

Plus she's had a decent amount of time in DIA, so while not in the AF it's time within DOD.

And secretaries, undersecretaries, and assistant secretaries all have staffs that support them in their decision making.

All that to say, chucking spears at her decision making are valid. But her experience or lack thereof don't really matter because it's not a requirement for the job so long as the Senate confirms, and civilian control of the military means that many of the civilians in charge of the military won't have significant military service.

The point is her credentials were good enough because there was an invisible hand holding her up. As mentioned, she's been darling'd by the DNC. Her work at DIA is relevant but I'm curious how she was so quickly pulled into the WH division, largely during the Obama presidency mind you. 

The question you need to ask now though is who does she really work for? The DAF? The USG? I would argue she actually works for the Democratic Party. They are the ones that will continue to ensure she is gainfully employed. I predict she finishes out two years than moves to an undersecretary position within SECDEF or a position within the office of the DNI. When Biden is out of office they will rerun her for Congress or find her more work in a prestigious firm that justifies Democratic policy. 

This isn't a stab at Democrats, it's happening everywhere. There is clearly a vector to power that is available to some but not many. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know I'm way more cynical than most, but I honestly can't remember a time in my 18+ years in the AF when I even knew who the Air Force Under Secretary was.  Political appointees like that, as mentioned above, don't require any prior military experience.  Does anyone really care about this? 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, kaputt said:

811B8818-BBC4-452F-BB2E-FB5AB6C1FCB1.thumb.jpeg.25a327a2a72bf99328b9eb8cdb903035.jpeghttps://humanevents.com/2021/12/01/blm-calls-for-boycott-of-white-companies-during-holiday-season/

BLM wants to boycott white businesses. Are we still as a society pretending they aren’t a racist organization? 

This sure sounds like a headline meant to keep the conservative outrage machine going. A quick browse of the BLM website doesn’t net any evidence of a boycott of white companies. There is a “Black Xmas” section that encourages disrupting “white supremacist capitalism” by shopping in black owned businesses. A bit hyperbolic? Maybe. A “boycott” of white people? Meh. Fox trying to keep you tuned in? Definitely. Gonna bankrupt the Gap? Pfffffttttt. 

Edited by Prozac
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

This sure sounds like a headline meant to keep the conservative outrage machine going. A quick browse of the BLM website doesn’t net any evidence of a boycott of white companies. There is a “Black Xmas” section that encourages disrupting “white supremacist capitalism” by shopping in black owned businesses. A bit hyperbolic? Maybe. A “boycott” of white people? Meh. Fox trying to keep you tuned in? Definitely. Gonna bankrupt the Gap? Pfffffttttt. 

7C1F0F99-2982-4A75-9C87-02DC08183292.thumb.jpeg.199de2b76f3405f632e372d60b637283.jpegNot supporting “white supremacist capitalism” and only buying from Black businesses sure sounds like a not so thinly veiled boycott of any business that is owned by anyone not of a certain skin pigment. Which I guess maybe I was raised weird, but that seems to meet all the hallmarks of racism to me. 

I like to play a little game to judge the racism level of BLM tweets and causes. Simply replace ‘white’ in any of their tweets and articles with ‘Jew’ or ‘Black’, then replace ‘black’ with ‘white’, and see how uncomfortable it makes you and how much it seems to fit the despicable things said in Jim Crow Deep South or 1930s Germany. That Drake meme sure gets uncomfortable real quick if you do that. 

But go ahead and keep giving free pass to an openly racist (and Marxist) organization simply because it aligns with your political team of choice. 

Edited by kaputt
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

Does any normal person actually buy into this shit or is it just the Twitter sphere?

I have lost friends over my decision not to get a vaccine. Though to be fair, I do live in California. 😆

18 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

I know I'm way more cynical than most, but I honestly can't remember a time in my 18+ years in the AF when I even knew who the Air Force Under Secretary was.  Political appointees like that, as mentioned above, don't require any prior military experience.  Does anyone really care about this? 

Well low and behold she was in the news today. 

This story probably belongs in this thread but honestly after reading all of it, Im not sure who is right/wrong. It sounds like the AF fucked up by not kicking this guy out when they had the chance. However, it also sounds like they did try but didnt meet the standards of evidence neccessary to do it. The fact is though, for several years now, they have trampled his rights, which no matter how gross his crimes, is never justified. 

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Well low and behold she was in the news today. 

This story probably belongs in this thread but honestly after reading all of it, Im not sure who is right/wrong. It sounds like the AF fucked up by not kicking this guy out when they had the chance. However, it also sounds like they did try but didnt meet the standards of evidence neccessary to do it. The fact is though, for several years now, they have trampled his rights, which no matter how gross his crimes, is never justified. 

What story?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DirkDiggler said:

What story?

Ah shit the hyperlink failed.

Let me see if I can find it... 

https://justthenews.com/government/federal-agencies/air-force-revoke-bronze-star-recipients-retirement-benefits-hot-tub?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

This is a similar article but the info is a bit different. In short, Undersecretary Ortiz sounds like the one who is really pushing to open this can of worms again. 

The facts are super confusing and the dude sounds like an overall douche so I have little sympathy for him. But it does sound like there is significant concern is rights are being penalized if he already met the obligations of his court martial and was allowed to continue service. 

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/notams-now-notices-to-air-missions/

FAA changes NOTAM to mean Notice to Air Missions, removing Airmen, to be “more inclusive and gender neutral”. Air Force soon to follow?

When the fuck will this madness stop? 

Can't wait to see the new rank structure.

"Airperson Basic"

"Airperson"

"Airperson 1st Class"

"Senior Airperson"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Can't wait to see the new rank structure.

"Airperson Basic"

"Airperson"

"Airperson 1st Class"

"Senior Airperson"

Or worse, "Guardian!" 🤣🤣🤣

On 12/1/2021 at 11:58 PM, Prozac said:

Clickbait? Perhaps, but the looniness of certain BLM types leaves me not surprised.