Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

The one that really seems weird to me is the Cannon OG. Scuttlebutt was that was a lot of processes not being followed, poor admin for flying ops (DNIF flyers, etc), and things of that nature. Not personal conduct. If that’s true, that should really be a case study at PME of how that happens. 

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA493877

image.thumb.png.e1e265c4dc9c75958f3823830c31b26b.png

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

The one that really seems weird to me is the Cannon OG. Scuttlebutt was that was a lot of processes not being followed, poor admin for flying ops (DNIF flyers, etc), and things of that nature. Not personal conduct. If that’s true, that should really be a case study at PME of how that happens. 

One guys opinion (mine), CVS was/is a bit of a dumpster fire across the wing, not just in the OG.  Proof in the data pudding is the failed UEI; the report is quite damning.  I could write a very long post about all the problems during that time period but it’s already been hashed out here.  
On a bright note, I do believe that the current Wg/CC is pushing things in the right direction.

The weirdest thing about that specific firing is that said OG had tendered a resignation letter and put it on the WG/CC’s desk; he had taken responsibility for the Group’s failure.  Wg/CC didn’t do anything with it, so after a couple weeks OG/CC decided he’s in the clear.  Then (supposedly, I have no direct knowledge of this, only RUMINT) CAT 5 orders the Wg/CC to fire the OG/CC.  When the news was announced to CVS leadership a Sq/CC directly asked the Wg/CC what to tell his formation the reason for the firing was, Wg/CC basically gives an evasive/non-answer.  Strange times.

1 hour ago, DirkDiggler said:

One guys opinion (mine), CVS was/is a bit of a dumpster fire across the wing, not just in the OG.  Proof in the data pudding is the failed UEI; the report is quite damning.  I could write a very long post about all the problems during that time period but it’s already been hashed out here.  
On a bright note, I do believe that the current Wg/CC is pushing things in the right direction.

The weirdest thing about that specific firing is that said OG had tendered a resignation letter and put it on the WG/CC’s desk; he had taken responsibility for the Group’s failure.  Wg/CC didn’t do anything with it, so after a couple weeks OG/CC decided he’s in the clear.  Then (supposedly, I have no direct knowledge of this, only RUMINT) CAT 5 orders the Wg/CC to fire the OG/CC.  When the news was announced to CVS leadership a Sq/CC directly asked the Wg/CC what to tell his formation the reason for the firing was, Wg/CC basically gives an evasive/non-answer.  Strange times.

I was surprised the WG/CC wasn't fired in addition to the OG.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I was surprised the WG/CC wasn't fired in addition to the OG.

Based on what I saw coming into CVS I’d 100% agree with you.  My personal opinion/observation is there was a serious absence of leadership at the Wg/CC level (I’d argue the whole Wing command team and staff agencies) from time I arrived here till the UEI. I told my boss months before the UEI that I thought the Wing was in serious trouble going into the inspection; unfortunately events proved me correct.  I say unfortunately cause now we’re suffering through the 2nd and 3rd order effects of playing catch-up/prepping for the re-inspection, which is real annoying.

It’s been said on here before but the general belief, at least here at CVS, was the Wg/CC wasn’t fired because he’s AFSOC’s first black general and AFSOC leadership (CAT 5) wasn’t going to fire him based on that alone.  I have no idea if that’s actually the case but I personally believe there’s truth to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, BattleRattle said:

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/arkansas-abortion-commander-resigns/

In this case, looks like this CC resigned from wing command on his own accord.

Good riddance. If you're going to make your airmens' travel for abortion/reproductive medical care the hill you die on, your priorities are clearly f-ed up. There is a time and place for the abortion debate and it is not denying your airmen the care they are entitled to by federal policy.

The dude assumes command in June 2023.. 4 months AFTER the policy was already in effect.. then resigns over that same policy 6 months later. 

I'd bet my house this is a political move to gain local/state recognition as the guy who fought the libs. Hell, he's already got huckabee-sanders out there grandstanding for him. O-6 wing kings in the guard don't have much road left ahead of them, so a career pivot to politics makes perfect sense. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7

Downvote all you want. The timing stinks to high heaven of political opportunism. If this dude cared so much about abortion policy he'd resign over it, he 100% knew about the policy when it was enacted. 

Assumes command anyway, only to resign months later, waiting just long enough for the election year to roll around, with the governors PR team in tow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Downvote all you want. The timing stinks to high heaven of political opportunism. If this dude cared so much about abortion policy he'd resign over it, he 100% knew about the policy when it was enacted. 

Assumes command anyway, only to resign months later, waiting just long enough for the election year to roll around, with the governors PR team in tow. 

Or maybe he legitimately couldn’t look himself in the mirror anymore and grew tired of the internal struggle? I get you like to pretend you’re some dark knight on this mostly red forum, but your online persona is old and worn out. Not that BO.net needs to be an echo chamber, but your political stance is so far off from the majority here that’s it not even worth considering 87% of the time. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Translation: A major airline hired him.

If so, he’s about to be 69 million times better off than being a wing/cc…I can’t imagine having to do a job that full of queep, bullshit, and politics. 

• Like 1

I went to school and through ROTC with this guy and ran across him a few times throughout my career.  He'll smile right at you and then stab you in the back.  No loyalty to anyone that I know of.  

From what I remember ..and could be wrong, he flew drones as a result of some medical thing so I'm not sure he got picked up by an airline..but I could be wrong.  

On 1/3/2024 at 8:17 PM, Standby said:

Or maybe he legitimately couldn’t look himself in the mirror anymore and grew tired of the internal struggle? I get you like to pretend you’re some dark knight on this mostly red forum, but your online persona is old and worn out. Not that BO.net needs to be an echo chamber, but your political stance is so far off from the majority here that’s it not even worth considering 87% of the time. 

Internal struggle?  It just sounds like you, and he, have issues with trying to punish women just for existing.  You both should probably get some help on why you hate them and can't provide leadership when you can't control them.  Even so, the AF and DoD are better off with people in that mindset not in leadership positions.  Or really in at all.  Your bigotry is old and worn out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, brabus said:

Not a comment on the dude’s decision, but just on your egregiously retarded statement. 

IMG_0385.jpeg.368449c34032671048dbd1049f6c0d26.jpeg

Piss and shit 😆 

great-steve-buscemi.gif.293c3c87143d428317ab8d666c71c298.gif

2 hours ago, pilotfish01 said:

Internal struggle?  It just sounds like you, and he, have issues with trying to punish women just for existing.  You both should probably get some help on why you hate them and can't provide leadership when you can't control them.  Even so, the AF and DoD are better off with people in that mindset not in leadership positions.  Or really in at all.  Your bigotry is old and worn out.

I'm sure I will regret weighing in on this, but do you seriously believe this? Like actually think people "punish women for existing" and hate them? Based on the stance on abortion, they hate women?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I'm sure I will regret weighing in on this, but do you seriously believe this? Like actually think people "punish women for existing" and hate them? Based on the stance on abortion, they hate women?

They seem to beleive this somewhere that rhymes with Middle East.  

On 1/5/2024 at 8:00 AM, pilotfish01 said:

trying to punish women just for existing.  

So by your logic, it sounds like you are trying to punish babies just for existing. 

Edited by O Face
  • Upvote 4

On 1/5/2024 at 9:00 AM, pilotfish01 said:

Tell me you've never had children without telling me you've never had children.

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2024 at 9:00 AM, pilotfish01 said:

Your bigotry is old and worn out.

So Palestinians are now bigots?  Isn’t the left all about giving Palestinians more power/control?  Or are all the “Free Palestine” chants only done by right-wing types?

For Palestinian women, abortion can mean lies, jail or worse

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0WA1V9/

• Upvote 1

What's the year group for Col promotions at the current moment?   

11 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

On time 02 guys are currently pinning on.

Approaching the the last batch of Gen Xers. 

I look forward to what kinda shenanigans the Millennials will bring to command.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

On time 02 guys are currently pinning on.

I’m an 01 guy, just here to fly, most of my peers left long ago for guard/reserve or airlines. The few that stayed AD are pinning on full bird Col and (most) are the types you expect when competition is scarce. A few good ones who are looking to punch. God help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app