The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

The other major story today played out in the SCOTUS.  Jason Murray representing six Colorado Republicans who filed suit last year to remove the former president from the ballot, and Shannon Stevenson representing the Colorado secretary of state argued in support of the Colorado decision to remove Trump from the ballot.  I listened to most of it and was pleasantly surprised to hear the liberal leaning justices asking some of the toughest questions.  At one point Murray was on the ropes and had to admit that if they were "procedurely wrong, then the case was dead right there"...then he went to their insurance policy where he stated if the Democrats win the house they can vote to disqualify Trump before he can be sworn in.  Isn't that overturning an election?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i think the democratic establishment is setting biden up to step aside

1) no way the special counsel was allowed to write those damning words about bidens age without strategic messaging from democratic strategists. it would have been LESS damaging if they had simply charged him. instead they unequivocally said he is not mentally competent to stand trial. huge blow during an election year.

2) biden took off the cuff WH press corps questions for the first time since? i can't remember the last time he took un-scripted questions. biden has been held on a very tight leash by his political handlers....it doesn't make sense that on the worst day of his reelection campaign so far they let him speak AND answer press questions. doesn't make sense AT ALL.

3) NBC and CNN WH correspondents were asking openly hostile questions about his age. those networks have not done that during his presidency. they usually ask pre-scripted softball questions. not this time. and as the twitter files have demonstrated there are numerous connections from political strategists to the press. these questions are not asked without explicit permission from the party power brokers & news chiefs. those press corps reporters would be replaced on the spot if they weren't towing the company guidance IRT tough questions.

4) Biden is clearly not mentally capable to be president. it's becoming too obvious to hide. he called the president of egypt the president of mexico in his presser. the democratic power players are starting to get nervous that the dam of bidens incoherent faculties is starting to fracture, and not even the most powerful media spin playbook is capable of sweeping it under the rug anymore.

i don't think he makes it to election day.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

i think the democratic establishment is setting biden up to step aside

1) no way the special counsel was allowed to write those damning words about bidens age without strategic messaging from democratic strategists. it would have been LESS damaging if they had simply charged him. instead they unequivocally said he is not mentally competent to stand trial. huge blow during an election year.

2) biden took off the cuff WH press corps questions for the first time since? i can't remember the last time he took un-scripted questions. biden has been held on a very tight leash by his political handlers....it doesn't make sense that on the worst day of his reelection campaign so far they let him speak AND answer press questions. doesn't make sense AT ALL.

3) NBC and CNN WH correspondents were asking openly hostile questions about his age. those networks have not done that during his presidency. they usually ask pre-scripted softball questions. not this time. and as the twitter files have demonstrated there are numerous connections from political strategists to the press. these questions are not asked without explicit permission from the party power brokers & news chiefs. those press corps reporters would be replaced on the spot if they weren't towing the company guidance IRT tough questions.

4) Biden is clearly not mentally capable to be president. it's becoming too obvious to hide. he called the president of egypt the president of mexico in his presser. the democratic power players are starting to get nervous that the dam of bidens incoherent faculties is starting to fracture, and not even the most powerful media spin playbook is capable of sweeping it under the rug anymore.

i don't think he makes it to election day.

Yeah but did they wait too long? They know Kamala Harris is a guaranteed loss. Do they have time at this point to run a primary? I don't really know how it works this late in the game. If Biden is out then it seems like zero chance they are able to rein in Robert Kennedy, and I think if he's running as an independent the Democrats are in a Ross Perot scenario, also guaranteed to lose.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Yeah but did they wait too long? They know Kamala Harris is a guaranteed loss. Do they have time at this point to run a primary? I don't really know how it works this late in the game. If Biden is out then it seems like zero chance they are able to rein in Robert Kennedy, and I think if he's running as an independent the Democrats are in a Ross Perot scenario, also guaranteed to lose.

i think this is the perfect time. you don't wanna peak too early a la Desantis.

gavin newsom can step in next month and easily defeat trump. as a republican i'd rather have trump face a clearly weak and diminished biden. newsom is a fool, but he looks and sounds presidential.

all it takes is for him to get on tv, look good in a debate, and boom he's gold. plus a solid taylor swift endorsement and you have a democratic win.

-----TIN FOIL HAT THEORY BELOW----

Biden passes away before the election. newsom steps in. he would win by a LANDSLIDE.

36 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

i think this is the perfect time. you don't wanna peak too early a la Desantis.

gavin newsom can step in next month and easily defeat trump. as a republican i'd rather have trump face a clearly weak and diminished biden. newsom is a fool, but he looks and sounds presidential.

all it takes is for him to get on tv, look good in a debate, and boom he's gold. plus a solid taylor swift endorsement and you have a democratic win.

-----TIN FOIL HAT THEORY BELOW----

Biden passes away before the election. newsom steps in. he would win by a LANDSLIDE.

Agreed. My theory for a while now has been that the Dems were going to wait until the bitter end of Biden and “something” would happen and Newsom would swoop in to save the day. Not saying they’re going to have him killed, I mean Hillary isn’t running again or anything, but as I read that sham of an investigation, and they kept harping on just how fucking senile he is, as if that should surprise anyone, I figured that was their ticket to bring in someone else as a savior. 

10 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

The scenario quietly playing in the background, and the one that scares me the most...

Dems get to the Convention and Michelle comes sweeping in to save the day.  Maybe then she could finally be proud of her country.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I don’t think the Dems can contain this issue with Biden anymore.  There is absolutely no doubt that he is in rapid decline.  It’s sad and very hard to watch but most of all, it’s dangerous for our country.  The world is watching this unfold.  The special council’s report, whether intentional or not, is the death knell for his presidency.  I think we are a week or two out from Biden’s resignation. The Dems will get their woman/woman of color as POTUS at least until Jan 2025 which is what they really want.  The election will play itself out without Biden one way or another.  It’ll be really fascinating and sad to get the truth about what really happened with the Biden’s when he’s gone.  The truth will come out.  

1 hour ago, lloyd christmas said:

I don’t think the Dems can contain this issue with Biden anymore.  There is absolutely no doubt that he is in rapid decline.  It’s sad and very hard to watch but most of all, it’s dangerous for our country.  The world is watching this unfold. 

His impromptu news conference last night was a complete abortion.  Peter Doocy started the "failing memory" line of questioning which led to an insult from Biden, luckily another reporter followed up.  The look on Biden's face the entire time...eyes squinted as he struggled to answer.  The worst part, after saying there is nothing wrong with his memory, he referred to Egyptian leader Abdel Fattah El-Sisi as the “president of Mexico.  This happened the same week he referred to François Mitterrand, who died in 1996, instead of French President Emmanuel Macron and the late Helmut Kohl instead of former German Chancellor Angela Merkel.  And still our liberal friends are "mostly happy" with what is going on.

40 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

His impromptu news conference last night was a complete abortion.  Peter Doocy started the "failing memory" line of questioning which led to an insult from Biden, luckily another reporter followed up.  

I don’t think it was just luck, something seems to have shifted behind-the-scenes as previously fawning media turns on Biden in formation.  Perhaps polling has them shook and they’re trying to force a new candidate.  But I don’t think Michelle Obama will be it, she doesn’t seem interested.

Regarding that bizarre event last night, this guy said it better than me:

• Upvote 2

Assuming Biden doesn’t seriously decline further in the next several months, he won’t resign.  The Dems don’t want Kamala as President and they definitely don’t want her as the nominee in November…if Biden resigns soon and they don’t give Kamala the nomination then that will split the party.  

Most likely scenario IMO is that Biden pulls a Johnson and says he won’t accept the nomination due to health concerns and Kamala will say she doesn’t want the nomination so she can focus on doing XYZ the rest of the year (with the promise to make her SCOTUS pick or something)…and then the DNC puts in Michelle Obama with maybe Newsom as her VP nominee.  The Dems need the black vote to come in strong this November if they have any chance at winning and as of now, poll after poll is showing that Biden is going to get the least amount of the black vote compared to any Dem nominee in recent history.

12 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

newsom is a fool, but he looks and sounds presidential.

He looks like a frequent patron at a violent gay bar.  

Edited by Biff_T
Newsom sucks....for money
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The scenario quietly playing in the background, and the one that scares me the most...

Dems get to the Convention and Michelle comes sweeping in to save the day.  Maybe then she could finally be proud of her country.

I just don't see a path to victory for her. Obviously all the Democrats vote for her, though I don't think she will stir up much enthusiasm amongst the moderate or Union Democrats. Obviously the Republicans won't vote for her, but she'll probably do a decent job boosting Republican turnout a bit.

But the but the independent voters? Does she really pull them? Trump doesn't, though he'll do better with the spiraling immigration situation. But Hillary Clinton at least worked as a politician before running for president, Michelle Obama will purely be a president's wife running to be president. I don't know.

But I think the bigger issue is that if she runs, there's no chance of getting RFK Jr out of the race, and I think he will harvest millions of votes from Democrats who don't just want to vote for the wife of a politician.

You may have noticed that there is almost a complete media blackout of RFK Jr. They do not want anyone to realize he's still running.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

I just don't see a path to victory for her. Obviously all the Democrats vote for her, though I don't think she will stir up much enthusiasm amongst the moderate or Union Democrats. Obviously the Republicans won't vote for her, but she'll probably do a decent job boosting Republican turnout a bit.

But the but the independent voters? Does she really pull them? Trump doesn't, though he'll do better with the spiraling immigration situation. But Hillary Clinton at least worked as a politician before running for president, Michelle Obama will purely be a president's wife running to be president. I don't know.

But I think the bigger issue is that if she runs, there's no chance of getting RFK Jr out of the race, and I think he will harvest millions of votes from Democrats who don't just want to vote for the wife of a politician.

You may have noticed that there is almost a complete media blackout of RFK Jr. They do not want anyone to realize he's still running.

We always overlook the "Mom vote"...I think she will sway enough to be a threat to Trump.

• Upvote 1

Everything I’ve read/heard is that she hates politics and hated being involved in any of it. I think there’s a very high chance of a “savior” coming since Biden probably does not make it to the election, but it’s more likely to be Newsome in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

It’s a Democratic wet dream, won’t happen, she’s a celebrity millionaire living in places like Martha’s Vinyard. She has nothing to gain personally from running for office. Also she has zero qualifications, Hilary was more qualified than her and that’s not saying much.

If she ran, she would destroy Trump or any White Male because to simple minded liberals, race and gender transcend everything else. Wonder how she would fare against Nikki Haley though. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dream big said:

Wonder how she would fare against Nikki Haley though. 

I'm sure both are capable of saying "bitch, please" in a debate.

I say they go Thunderdome, no ref, two women enter, one woman leaves, the other via a stretcher.  They can even shout policy one liners as they trade shots.  The winner gets mad respect and shows the world they can kick ass. 

On 2/8/2024 at 8:17 PM, Lord Ratner said:

Yeah but did they wait too long? They know Kamala Harris is a guaranteed loss. Do they have time at this point to run a primary? I don't really know how it works this late in the game.

My understanding is that if a candidate drops out after winning the primary, the DNC gets to "appoint" whoever they want to assume the role of candidate in the general election.

That always sounded like a likely possibility: Biden rides his incumbency to a win in the primary, then drops out shortly thereafter (citing health concerns, etc), and the DNC gets to play king-maker and appoint the candidate of their choice.

That said, the Democratic convention isn't until August, and the recent attacks from the Democrats on Biden make it seem questionable that he'll survive another six months.

I'd heard the Michelle Obama speculation somewhere, but didn't give it much credence.  I do think the DNC has had their short list of successors for some time, and have been crossing people off as they stumble, fail, or otherwise show they've succumbed to the Peter Principle (as in, they've already been promoted to their level of incompetence).

Kamala Harris for one.  At one point, you couldn't find a single negative word said about her in the press, even as she did nothing but spew meaningless, cackling word salad everywhere she went.  Then, all of a sudden, you never heard about her at all.  It's like they flipped a switch on her level of public exposure.

Pete Buttigieg was another.  He was touted as the next big thing, rising from Mayor to Presidential Candidate.  Then a detour into a Cabinet position as the head of the DOT.  Seemed like he was being stashed away for future greatness, until he started getting criticism for being relatively ineffective is what should be a relatively straightforward role.  His public exposure has also gone to almost zero.