WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I mean, I'd be pretty pissed if I had a daily commute of 1.5 hours on the front/back end of work.  I'd be equally as pissed if I had to work a 9-5 office job.  It's one of the reasons I disliked being full time in the military, though ours was 0645-1730 (4 days/week).  Groundhog day every day, to the same dingy building built in the early 50s as a fallout shelter (painted cinder block walls and no windows).  In the winter it's drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark.  I genuinely disliked the repetitive nature of the work, even if the flying was a nice break from my office duties.  This is one of the big reasons I've been a part timer nearly my entire career. 

Rona has really reshaped people's view on work/life balance.  For some it's all they know now and going back to work in office is a shock.  Many are opting to move along than go back to the office, and there are remote jobs for the taking if you have the skills.  I know my gf will never go back...her job has already tried.  They keep granting her "waivers" because she valuable (as SME in her field) and they know she isn't bluffing.  Going into the office isn't an option because her employer is located 3 hours away.  Of course this is her second career and not starting out like this broad.  

Anyway, all her friends are probably remote and living it up (according to their SM accounts anyway...another big issue) while she slogs it out with the rest of the suckers.  I also don't envy the shitty economics situation (pay vs cost of living today) many of these kids find themselves in, especially anyone who works in the city.  That said, after she finishes her little breakdown, she needs to do something about it, get a new skill, find work closer or get roommates and move into the city.   

And yes, I get it, all previous generations had to walk up hill, while fighting off manbearpig with one arm and starting a business with the other arm.  Before college, I worked a construction job that started work a 0630 and often didn't finish the day until well after sundown.  It sucked, I thought to myself this sucks, I was pissed about it, I just didn't have SM to vent about it lol.  Of course I also actually did something about it.  I wonder what she'll do.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SocialD said:

.  Of course I also actually did something about it.  I wonder what she'll do.  

My prediction is another couple of months of trying then find her calling in staying at home, championing causes of “oppressed” people and landing a straight white male to fund her noble calling.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

The productivity of the average person in a WFH position is not great. No one should be surprised by this.

Sometimes; and probably with a statistical slant toward the COVID WFH crowd; probably nailed it with "average person".

My Frau has been WFH since 2015.  By any measure her productivity has increased since she left the office, been promoted above her BA credentials, above standard raises; there was a minor brouhaha a couple of years ago where she was an RCH from bouncing, resume polished ready to publish on Linkedin.   Management fell all over themselves to keep her.  *Maybe* overall she's been paid slightly under industry standard for the work she's been doing over the past eight years; what's kept her from actively putting her resume out over these years has been the QoWL; hard to beat being able to send the kids out the door in the morning, get most of your productivity done in gym attire, then be home for the kids getting off the bus in the afternoon.  Was super convenient during the pre-school/kindergarten years!

I think the COVID WFH crowd has treated the experience like substitute-teacher day, everyday.  Productivity...if they feel like it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gearhog said:

Easy, you just don't lead 'em so much.

https://x.com/TONYxTWO/status/1717657798807290069?s=20

If I ever find myself on the wrong end of a firing squad and for some reason I get to select the shooters, these are the ones I'd pick.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biff_T said:

If I ever find myself on the wrong end of a firing squad and for some reason I get to select the shooters, these are the ones I'd pick.  

No way!  They're the kind of guys that shoot you 5 times in the leg and once in the gut and it takes 30 minutes to die an agonizing death.  If i'm in front of a firing squad, give me 5 bullets to the brain.

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 3:48 PM, M2 said:

She can get a much better paying job with her days free by unzipping that sweater!! 

Sunrise Stare GIF - Sunrise Stare Model - Discover & Share GIFs

I don't know what that zipper is made out of but if they built airplanes out of that same materiel they would be indestructible  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

🤡 🤡 🤡

im-480363.thumb.jpeg.49d767fc027a67a4b4bfc974b3795fb1.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

California.....back the blue.....

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-homeowner-who-fired-on-armed-robbers-has-concealed-carry-permit-suspended/

A Los Angeles homeowner who exchanged gunfire with a pair of would-be robbers in a terrifying incident that was captured on home surveillance video earlier this month has had his concealed carry license suspended, officials with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to KTLA.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

California.....back the blue.....

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-homeowner-who-fired-on-armed-robbers-has-concealed-carry-permit-suspended/

A Los Angeles homeowner who exchanged gunfire with a pair of would-be robbers in a terrifying incident that was captured on home surveillance video earlier this month has had his concealed carry license suspended, officials with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to KTLA.  

Fuck LA and the rules.  They can't take away my CCP because I don't have one. To be honest, I thought I was going to have to shoot some fucks last night driving by my house, but they were just teens fucking around.

I do what's right, no matter what the law says.  I'm willing to lose it all.  I don't care if they throw me in jail.  As long as I know I didn't cower in the face of the corrupt/idiotic government, I can live with myself in a cell.

Freedom isn’t free.   

Edited by Biff_T
Not Exec
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

The fats (fat people) need to quit washing down buckets of fried chicken with two liter bottles of soda and dildos.  

Because....

images(14).jpeg.c012f1b2c995b86a617904d57f715d2f.jpeg

• Haha 2