Biden recalls IRR

rbigred300

There is no AD to use.  There is pretty much an open door for anyone in the ARC to go on indefinite orders to Europe right now.  I know of at least 6-9 Guard guys doing it now and those dudes keep asking if anyone else is interested.  

Message to the Congress on Ordering the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

"of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve"

Shit just got real, who needs stop loss when POTUS can just recall the IRR, check your mailboxes boys and girls.

I finally fucking retire and our leaderships sheer incompetence and lack of leadership might be pulling be back in....mother fuckers!  I'm all for doing my duty because our nation is at war and we need people to fight.  But being recalled because our leadership has fucked away morale/retention so bad that they can't fill required billets, would really piss me off (my old squadron alone, has two guys volunteering to fill these spots).  If I wasn't returned to my flying unit in a flying billet (retired 1JUL), then don't expect a troop that is your typical guy who is chasing the next assignment/award/etc...  

In all actuality, I'm not too worried about this.  I think this is just a play to open up funding to get more MPA orders for ARC people go fill spots in EUCOM (or wherever else...). 

Funny enough, I saw this link posted on another forum.  I'm certainly not condoning this, and I'll do what's asked of me, because that's what I agreed to do by staying affiliated and in the IRR.  But this got me to thinking, what do they do with people who are out and doing drugs?  Admittedly, I haven't looked into this at all, but these cats say that if you don't actually report, you're not subject to the UCMJ.  If you do report, you're immediately subject to the UCMJ.  

Resist the IRR

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I always wondered what would happen if they mobilized the people who Big Blue separated due to the fit test/force shaping polgrom! 
I could see the AF making you do a fit test the first day you stepped back on a base after being out for several years!

Edited by HeyEng
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HeyEng said:

I always wondered what would happen if they mobilized the people who Big Blue separated due to the fit test/force shaping polgrom! 
I could see the AF making you do a fit test the first day you stepped back on a base after being out for several years!

...and if you fail?  Wonder if they make these guys do OPRs?  That could be fun...I'm here, I show up on time, most days.

old guys showing up for their PT test.

vince-vaughn-rings.gif

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

True story:

There I was, while on a 365 and on my 4 day R&R at Camp As Sayliyah, I met an Army Captain who had previously separated (and deployed while AD as an infantry officer) and had gotten called back up on IRR to deploy again for 6 months (or a year?).  He said he had received a letter telling him to report to X, was being called up to deploy, etc…he said he shows up at place X with a few other guys doing the same thing and the admin person in charge says something to the effect of “wow, this many people actually showed up this time?”.  The Captain then later said he was pretty confident had he not showed up, nothing would have happened to him.

BL:  If you answer the mail (literally) then that’s on you.  As a retiree, I’m sure there’s some way/regulation that states they can stop your retirement pay…but, I’d call them on their bluff.  We literally have the Reserve component for this exact reason, and last I checked, we’re not at war, much less not being invaded.

IRR isn't retired status correct? IRR vs Retired Reserve, yeah?

And are the Selected Reserve those chosen units?

....and is this where the unforeseen rise in the personnel budget to go? (No says my experience because that'd require AFPC to substantially plan and coordinate then act)

2 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Shouldn’t matter for any pilots, since you’re past that before your UPT commitment is up.

It could affect all the dudes that went to ALO or CAP-USAF. I don't believe it's likely, but they're IRR and still very much reachable. If any IRR gets non-vol'd, I think it'll be Army.

• Upvote 1

Good time to go get a few face tattoos lol.    

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

How much of a pay cut would an IRR O-4 with a few years in the airlines take if called back? That could be rough. 

If I were called back, my paycut alone would pretty much equal my O-5 pay (assuming I get flight pay)....so a 45% - 50% paycut for me.  Which coincidentally would be my percentage of motivation to work a staff gig in EUCOM 🤣

4 hours ago, SocialD said:

If I were called back, my paycut alone would pretty much equal my O-5 pay (assuming I get flight pay)....so a 45% - 50% paycut for me.  Which coincidentally would be my percentage of motivation to work a staff gig in EUCOM 🤣

From another forum I frequent.

IMG_9126.png

25 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

From another forum I frequent.

IMG_9126.png

Oh boy, does he blow up that forum with all his anti-Biden, anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia stuff as well?  Dude is non-stop on our DAL internal forum.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, brabus said:

Dammit Biff, I just nearly choked to death on a piece of steak. 

Face-Tattoos-41.jpg.d70ace843d47d3c86f04fceb9c4cef93.jpg

10 U.S. Code § 688 - Retired members: authority to order to active duty; duties

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/688

(a)Authority.—
Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, a member described in subsection (b) may be ordered to active duty by the Secretary of the military department concerned at any time.
(b)Covered Members.—Except as provided in subsection (d), subsection (a) applies to the following members of the armed forces:
(1)A retired member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, Regular Marine Corps, or Regular Space Force.
(2)A member of the Retired Reserve who was retired under section 1293, 7311, 7314, 8323, 9311, or 9314 of this title.
(3)A member of the Fleet Reserve or Fleet Marine Corps Reserve.
(c)Duties of Member Ordered to Active Duty.—
The Secretary concerned may, to the extent consistent with other provisions of law, assign a member ordered to active duty under this section to such duties as the Secretary considers necessary in the interests of national defense.
(d)Exclusion of Officers Retired on Selective Early Retirement Basis.—The following officers may not be ordered to active duty under this section:
(1)An officer who retired under section 638 of this title.
(2)An officer who—
(A)after having been notified that the officer was to be considered for early retirement under section 638 of this title by a board convened under section 611(b) of this title and before being considered by that board, requested retirement under section 7311, 8323, or 9311 of this title; and
(B)was retired pursuant to that request.
(e)Limitation of Period of Recall Service.—
(1)A member ordered to active duty under subsection (a) may not serve on active duty pursuant to orders under that subsection for more than 12 months within the 24 months following the first day of the active duty to which ordered under that subsection.
(2)Paragraph (1) does not apply to the following officers:
(A)A chaplain who is assigned to duty as a chaplain for the period of active duty to which ordered.
(B)A health care professional (as characterized by the Secretary concerned) who is assigned to duty as a health care professional for the period of active duty to which ordered.
(C)An officer assigned to duty with the American Battle Monuments Commission for the period of active duty to which ordered.
(D)An officer who is assigned to duty as a defense attaché or service attaché for the period of active duty to which ordered.
(f)Waiver for Periods of War or National Emergency.—
Subsections (d) and (e) do not apply in time of war or of national emergency declared by Congress or the President.
(Added Pub. L. 104–201, div. A, title V, § 521(a), Sept. 23, 1996, 110 Stat. 2515; amended Pub. L. 105–85, div. A, title V, § 502, Nov. 18, 1997, 111 Stat. 1724; Pub. L. 107–107, div. A, title V, § 509(a), Dec. 28, 2001, 115 Stat. 1091; Pub. L. 115–232, div. A, title VIII, § 809(a), Aug. 13, 2018, 132 Stat. 1840; Pub. L. 116–283, div. A, title IX, § 924(b)(4)(I), Jan. 1, 2021, 134 Stat. 3822.)

2 hours ago, dream big said:

Everyone calm down, those mobilized will mostly be performing staff augmentation at Ramstein and other HQs drinking Hefeweizen. This should have happened over a year ago but sorry, pronouns and ponytails were of higher importance!

The German chicks are hip to older dudes with face tattoos as well.  Maybe this wont be so bad after all..  lol.   

I think they're still trying to get me for that 365 lol.  

• Like 1