Today in hypocrisy...

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/governor-bans-carrying-guns-in-albuquerque-after-11-year-old-killed/article_a02a0b24-4e59-11ee-85ee-db977338b047.html

NM Governor bans legal carrying of weapons to prevent criminals from committing illegal shootings.  Of course she herself enjoys armed protective guards, but you aren't allowed the same privileges.  The order cites Gun violence as a public health emergency, and is only for 30 days to flatten to curve.  

Can't make this up, democrats are the party of tyrants.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/governor-bans-carrying-guns-in-albuquerque-after-11-year-old-killed/article_a02a0b24-4e59-11ee-85ee-db977338b047.html

NM Governor bans legal carrying of weapons to prevent criminals from committing illegal shootings.  Of course she herself enjoys armed protective guards, but you aren't allowed the same privileges.  The order cites Gun violence as a public health emergency, and is only for 30 days to flatten to curve.  

I don't see that one standing up in the Supreme Court. 

15 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Open borders for your state not mine

Report: Joe Biden Considers Requiring Illegal Aliens to Remain in Texas

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2023/09/08/report-joe-biden-considers-requiring-illegal-aliens-to-remain-in-texas/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its funny.  Being a Californian, I think Texas should keep bussing them here and everywhere else in the US.  Its funny watching the "leaders" lose their mind trying to explain why we can't handle more "illegals" all the while acting like we don't have a problem.  Its not the "they're taking our jobs" aspect, there isnt much hope there either.  I see quite a few "undocumented people" living in Coyote Creek by my house.   They aren't coming here and getting easy jobs as much as they used to (economic problems, here in the US, no, it can't be).  It's more of escaping an even shittier life than living in a ditch by Biff's house.  

I don't care about the illegal immigrant problem, I care more about the hypocrisy coming out of the liberal mouths that claim we can help, when we actually can't anymore.   If we (CA) can't handle a bus of Spaniards shipped from Texas, admit that there is a problem.  Fucking idiots rule the US.  I wish I was exaggerating. 

Edited by Biff_T
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

I don't see that one standing up in the Supreme Court. 

It will take years to get there, if ever, and too bad for anyone arrested in the meantime (loss of security clearance is a real possibility for our bros in ABQ).  Not to mention anyone killed by a criminal who has lost the official right to defend themselves.  There will never be any personal consequences for the tyrant democrats issuing anti-constitutional dictates.

There’s a school of thought that the constitution is our unifying philosophy and any changes/limits should be addressed via legislative branch in a manner the constitution itself allows for.  There’s a competing school of thought that once we have power we should just do what we want and see if anyone is willing & able to pushback.  Might makes right, if you will.  If you want to sue to stop it, go ahead and try… but expect the FBI to interview extended family, the NSA to search your browsing history and share with The NY Times, the IRS to audit you with a fine tooth comb, etc.  All of those things have happened to those who push back (what happened to Tea Party members 10-12 years ago was criminal).

If you follow this to its logical conclusion, the next step will be separating families for teaching hate speech.  Already happening in Canada.  We do not live in a free country anymore.

• Upvote 4

Sanctuary cities?  Yeah, not so much anymore.  Turns out virtue signaling has consequences. It’s funny listening to Mayor Adams blame Texas.  I think Texas has bussed 13k illegals to NYC.  Apparently, there are over 100k illegals in NYC at this point.  It’s your dem policies not Texas that has you jammed up Mayor….  It’s also funny how the federal government was and probably is still flying illegals around the country but Governors bussing them is the problem.  

As for NM, I always get a kick out of the “blame the gun crowd”.  It’s the most ignorant, weak and chicken shit argument anyone can make.  It’s patently absurd to think crime will slow down because you ask people to put their guns away. I’m not an expert in how the DAs in NM treat crime but I’m guessing they are pretty soft on criminals.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Miranda Viscoli, co-president of New Mexicans to Prevent Gun Violence, applauded the governor’s order as a courageous and necessary step to curbing gun violence, even if the measure’s legal fate is uncertain.

If it saves one life, then it’s worth doing,” Viscoli said.

gee where have we heard that trope before?!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

NSA to search your browsing history

I was all in until this…I’ll see myself out.

5 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

We do not live in a free country anymore.

I feel that we’re fractured into free states and not free states. The physical movement of our population will continue to be driven by ideology, which isn’t a good thing, but it seems the only prudent thing at this point seeing how far down the drain we’ve found ourselves as a country.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Miranda Viscoli, co-president of New Mexicans to Prevent Gun Violence, applauded the governor’s order as a courageous and necessary step to curbing gun violence, even if the measure’s legal fate is uncertain.

If it saves one life, then it’s worth doing,” Viscoli said.

gee where have we heard that trope before?!

If you want a fun look at how willing people are to believe that shit, pop into the r/Albuquerque subreddit and look at any of the posts dealing with this.

Not only have most forgotten all about the impacts of State and Federal government overreach during COVID, they forgot how frighteningly close the major cities were to a major societal meltdown. I can’t retire and GTFO of here soon enough.

50 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

If you want a fun look at how willing people are to believe that shit, pop into the r/Albuquerque subreddit and look at any of the posts dealing with this.

Not only have most forgotten all about the impacts of State and Federal government overreach during COVID, they forgot how frighteningly close the major cities were to a major societal meltdown. I can’t retire and GTFO of here soon enough.

The Duke City.  What a clusterfuck of a town.  It kinda reminds me of Barter Town in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.  Lol.  

Dont get shanked by a transgender Native on central.  Lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

The Duke City.  What a cluster of a town.  It kinda reminds me of Barter Town in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.  Lol.  

Dont get shanked by a transgender Native on central.  Lol

Thanks Biff, now I can’t get the image of MLG saying “Who run Barter Town?”  out of my head!

• Haha 1

Anyone who inserts “gun” in front of violence, and/or says phrases like, “if it saves even one life…” is an unintelligent mouth breather. Zero thinking cells left (or maybe never existed to begin with) in those people. It’s unfortunate how many of those exist in our country.

• Upvote 1

NM governor, another rich white liberal woman listening to the good idea fairy. Then the View a program of rich liberal women complaining about the influx of illegals in NYC then proclaiming how proud that NYC is a sanctuary city. Were doomed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 4:53 PM, brabus said:

The physical movement of our population will continue to be driven by ideology, which isn’t a good thing, but it seems the only prudent thing at this point seeing how far down the drain we’ve found ourselves as a country.

Personally I see this as a good thing.  Some people are finally waking up to the nonsense.  They’re also realizing that their “neighbors” don’t support their values and vote in (at the local and state level) politicians who actively go against what is important to them.

I keep hearing from the left that we supposedly have more in common than not…and then these are the same people who say F your values, we’re doing it this way.  The right does it as well with abortion and a few other issues, so I can see how a die hard progressive wouldn’t want to live in South Dakota or Idaho.

• Upvote 1

At this point I fully support it. It’s just unfortunate that as a society we’ve gone so far off the tracks that ideology/values is a primary factor in where people move to…we’re no longer able to just be friends who have beers and don’t give a shit about the other person’s politics. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, brabus said:

At this point I fully support it. It’s just unfortunate that as a society we’ve gone so far off the tracks that ideology/values is a primary factor in where people move to…we’re no longer able to just be friends who have beers and don’t give a shit about the other person’s politics. 

Thank social media, weak minded people and human vanity.  

On 9/9/2023 at 4:54 AM, tac airlifter said:

The county sheriff already had a press conference and said he won’t enforce the ban because it’s 1) unconstitutional 2) a stupid ducking idea. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, McJay Pilot said:

Thanks Biff, now I can’t get the image of MLG saying “Who run Barter Town?”  out of my head!

20230915_093121.gif.e5a0c82829c2d57292bb0bf51b679f0d.gif

I try to rotate around the various news outlets and listen to how the other side presents things (if they ever talk about anything other than Trump).  This morning I was running errands and switched over to CNN to hear their coverage of the Hunter Biden indictments.  The guest was a former DNC appointed federal prosecutor who was commenting on the three felony gun charges against Hunter Biden  (she didn't want to talk about the tax evasion.)

She started by saying that they rarely punish this crime when a drug user is associated with a drug user (I thought that was the whole point of the law), and that while he was "technically guilty" she thought his prosecution on three felony counts was politically driven.  I can buy her argument for first time offenders and diversion programs but then she went totally batshit crazy. 

According to her, there is a "serious Constitutional challenge" to sort out...BECAUSE...here it comes boys and girls....because Hunter Biden has a second amendment right to keep and bear arms and laws that seek to restrict ownership because of drug usage have yet to be challenged up through the Supreme Court.  

The left is so determined to protect the Biden crime family they will surrender one of the center pieces of their political ideology as part of his defense.  So in most liberal states leadership is passing law to restrict you 2A right but the left would now like to use the 2A to protect Hunter Biden.Truly bizzaro world and beyond hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The left is so determined to protect the Biden crime family they will surrender one of the center pieces of their political ideology as part of his defense.  So in most liberal states leadership is passing law to restrict you 2A right but the left would now like to use the 2A to protect Hunter Biden.Truly bizzaro world and beyond hypocrisy.

It is comical watching the left have to navigate the minefield they’ve created through virtue signaling.  

• Like 4