Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

11 hours ago, Lawman said:

That doesn’t help him.

The number of Army pilots (particularly conventional) that have experience and understanding of denied area ops is abysmal after 2 decades of coin.

Helicopters aren’t limited because of the nature of their engineering, they’ll be limited because of the lack of fused planning or understanding and synchronization of enablers evident by the war fighter we just did. The people who don’t know what they are doing and never received training in how to do it are now leaders and they are as a population resistant to being told anything by anyone outside their experience model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah but you can say that about every platform in a contested environment.

Here's another attempt to post the link without trying to spam BO . net

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqkI51xEDio

The critique is now I think due to the proliferation of really good small GBAD systems (not just MANPADs) but the adaptation of new / novel technologies like FPV drone attacks on lower, slower moving platforms

This attack was unsuccessful but you can see where this is gonna go

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/09/06/a-ukrainian-racing-drone-nearly-kamikazed-a-russian-attack-helicopter/?sh=4893c4591af9

Yeah but you can say that about every platform in a contested environment.
Here's another attempt to post the link without trying to spam BO . net

The critique is now I think due to the proliferation of really good small GBAD systems (not just MANPADs) but the adaptation of new / novel technologies like FPV drone attacks on lower, slower moving platforms
This attack was unsuccessful but you can see where this is gonna go
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/09/06/a-ukrainian-racing-drone-nearly-kamikazed-a-russian-attack-helicopter/?sh=4893c4591af9

Let’s just go with this video is full of bad Wikipedia level research and these guys are making click bait not informed information.

For reference, anytime somebody tells you about Apaches with Stingers or doing Barrel Rolls, just know nothing they are talking about came from first hand research.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Let’s just go with this video is full of bad Wikipedia level research and these guys are making click bait not informed information.

For reference, anytime somebody tells you about Apaches with Stingers or doing Barrel Rolls, just know nothing they are talking about came from first hand research.

Let me educate you with one of my favorite documentaries so you don’t keep embarrassing yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

Let me educate you with one of my favorite documentaries so you don’t keep embarrassing yourself.

No lie, one of my IPs in primary was in that movie.

Decades on and apparently he wasn’t allowed to introduce himself to his students without one of the other Instructors bringing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Fair enough, it was the question to get a discussion going after seeing Russian helicopters have some losses and what could be gleaned from that

On 12/1/2023 at 7:32 AM, Lawman said:

No lie, one of my IPs in primary was in that movie.

Decades on and apparently he wasn’t allowed to introduce himself to his students without one of the other Instructors bringing it up.

Was it Nicolas Cage? 

Edited by Biff_T

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

Unbelieveable

It's always our fault somehow.   

Progressives politicians:  We need to give Ukraine tens of billions of dollars (money that we don’t have on top of the other tens of billions we have already given them), and if we don’t, Ukraine will fall to Russia and the US will have the blame.  Oh and additionally we many have to send our own troops to fight in eastern Europe.

Non-progressive politicians:  Ok, well, as long as we can also add funding/make significant changes to our own border security and tighten illegal immigration rules/laws, then we’ll fund that and money for Ukraine.

Progressive politicians:  No

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

"for the good of the world"

please.

so tired of the globalists.

Apparently you can't see through the rhetoric.  Being globally aware and engaging the power we (USA) still have is simply responsible for our own well being, forget the rest of the world.  We have options now that we won't have later.

You can choose to stick your head in the sand now, but that only leaves tomorrow you two options:

A: Try to become globally aware and engaged later with options, power, and leverage you might not have any more.

B: Learn Chinese.

That's not an opinion.  That's fact proven by history time and time again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2