The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

1 hour ago, filthy_liar said:

You didn't break any rules about arguing on the internet.  There aren't any.  I agree with a lot of your posts, but you've been had, as has most every human.  There are also no rules in politics.  Not a single politician gives a shit about you.  The sooner you realize that, the better off you are.  Republicans don't give a shit about you.  Independents don't give a shit about you or HeloDude.  Democrats don't give a shit about Prozac or nsplayer.  They care about two things:  wealth and power.  Aristotle supposedly figured this out a while back, I'm not sure why we're still stumped by this.

I rarely agree with you but this is about the smartest thing ever said on this forum and I 100% agree with you. The political party is not there to represent your "morals" or your "values." The political party exist to garner power. They will take a shit on your morals and values in a heart beat once what realize doing so might get them .3% more of the electorate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

I can.  People treat each other horribly.  Do you observe humans in day to day interactions?  Traffic, grocery store, etc.?  It's horrible.  People don't value humanity anymore in our society.  Screens have taken over that.  By screens I'm including social media.  They don't value "I did this to the best of my ability and this is the result."  They don't give a shit about that.  If they slung a hamburger together and got half your order correct that's a win and their boss thinks the same.  And that's the service industry.  I mean if you're talking about the distribution industry (supply chain), that's not any better.  America is circling the drain.  This country reminds me more and more of failed states or developing states that can't seem to get things right.  I first noticed this when I returned from Germany in 2014.  Do you really need someone to spell out what is wrong with America?  I didn't delve into the leftist shit - I'm just trying to cover the basic fabric of what use to be America.

I agree 👍.   I'm out of upvotes.  

The politicians are the new monarchy.    They like money and power.  

glQ74qE.gif.867b50c647276def2596d1ebe8f7aa44.gif

23 hours ago, FLEA said:

I rarely agree with you but this is about the smartest thing ever said on this forum and I 100% agree with you. The political party is not there to represent your "morals" or your "values." The political party exist to garner power. They will take a shit on your morals and values in a heart beat once what realize doing so might get them .3% more of the electorate.

That doesn't leave us in a desirable position.  It gets us to the "divorce" scenerio that Rat or someone described earlier.  What does that look like?  Not good.  Actually, horrifying.  Which is why I think even though most Americans know that we are going down this divisive path, they think we should look the other way and maybe do our part and attack the "others" on the internet and on tv.  The alternative path is pretty severe.  

21 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I agree 👍.   I'm out of upvotes.  

The politicians are the new monarchy.    They like money and power

Concur.  And we conservatives are collective pussies.  We aren't doing anything.  We talk a big ole game, but we don't have BLM or Antifa.  The left does.  And they employ them.  And the President and VP praise them.  Conservatives have no offense. Apparently the conservatives are cool with literally getting their asses handed to them.  By literally, I mean, antifa attacked whatever they wanted to, BLM attacked whatever they wanted to, and then the crowd joined in and buildings were burning.  In Portland, OR, USA.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

By literally, I mean, antifa attacked whatever they wanted to, BLM attacked whatever they wanted to, and then the crowd joined in and buildings were burning.  In Portland, OR, USA.

Uh, sir, those were "peaceful" protests......or so that's what the response was when checking into the hotel for a Portland layover and asking the agent if there were still any riots ongoing lol

On 4/3/2023 at 11:29 PM, Danger41 said:

Much like California being a great place except for alot of the Californians, I see the same thing in the church. There are a ton of Christians that miss the forest for the trees and use certain verses as a cudgel to push shitty ideology. 

My brother was a drug addict that literally nearly killed me as a baby and would have killed himself if not for our churches youth pastor, pastor, and my dad (no shit talked him off a literal ledge with a gun in his hand). They got him in recovery, helped him along the way, and he became a very successful person. He also relapsed twice and the church family helped him. Conversely, I know families where the parents divorce and they are excommunicated from the church. I don’t want to get into a dogmatic argument about all of that, but that kind of thing does more damage to the church than damn near anything.

It is incredible that religion has both killed and at the same time saved more people than anything else on earth.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, slc said:

Uh, sir, those were "peaceful" protests......or so that's what the response was when checking into the hotel for a Portland layover and asking the agent if there were still any riots ongoing lol

Holy smokes.  You were there?  Good grief sorry dude.

On 4/4/2023 at 9:58 PM, FLEA said:

The political party exist to garner power. They will take a shit on your morals and values in a heart beat once what realize doing so might get them .3% more of the electorate

Write that down if you need to.  That's wisdom, it's truth, and alas,, its history.

8 hours ago, Standby said:

The sad part about this is that the trans person (used to be a dude, now a chick) held the record at 275 lbs. I can understand why he transitioned…weak ass bench press for a normal dude lol.

He’s still and will always be a dude. #Science #Biology 

• Upvote 2

On 4/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, Day Man said:

thanks (sincerely)...I don't disagree (generally speaking) that 2 parents >1.

can you specify what you're referring to when you say "what is wrong with america?" crime? unemployment? poverty level? 

We have walked away from what made us great.  Every great power I can think of in history that walked away from what made them a great power has completely collapsed.  I cannot think of any that have peacefully transitioned from one type of successful society to another.  Perhaps Great Britain, but that was also driven by the two worst wars in history and still caused her to fall from the status of a great power.

Athens was a great power due to their navy and empire.  During the war with Sparta, they built up a land army and rested on their laurels with their navy.  Sparta built a navy, took the empire from Athens and Athens has been a marginal power since.  Ironically, Sparta's change from a small elite land army to a larger naval power led to her collapse.

Similarly, Rome became great largely due to their style of government and incentives for conquered peoples to profit from joining Rome.  After Cesar, the government slowly grew to be completely out of control (sound familiar?) and Rome collapsed.

The United States became great because of a combination of a limited but effective government, the work ethic of the citizens, the ideal that anyone could rise as high as their talent and effort merited, an abundance in natural resources, and, most importantly, a strong sense of Judaeo-Christian values even if the founders did not always profess that faith.  Today our government has grown so far beyond what it started that the founding fathers would almost certainly rise up in rebellion if they were somehow transported in time to be now.  The work ethic of our citizens appears to be at a depressingly low level and I personally know healthy, capable individuals that would rather sit at home on unemployment than take a job they were offered.  The new 'equity' movement gives the appearance that skin color is more important than merit.  Even if you do well, you have combined tax rates pushing 50% in some states that drastically reduce the appeal to work harder to earn more.  Finally, we are willingly stopping from using our own natural resources in favor importing those exact same natural resources from other countries.  Most importantly, the Judaeo-Christian values that this country was built upon are being actively attacked and portrayed as hateful.  Those values are/were the bedrock of the American family which is a microcosm of America in general.  Without that traditional American family unit, you cannot expect children to grow up and endorse those values in any significant percentage. 

As others have mentioned, you cannot rip the foundation out from under a house and expect the house to stand.  We are living in a house where members of the household are taking jackhammers to the foundation.  If this goes on for too long, the house will collapse and take many of us with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, bfargin said:

So much for standing up for women’s rights in college athletics. Dudes in drag will be ballin’ in women’s college sports.

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/06/1168460726/biden-title-ix-transgender-sports-ban

One simply cannot support women and also support trans men competing in women’s sports. It doesn’t matter how you feel about transgender people, it is pure discrimination to allow a biological man to compete against a woman. There is nothing more cut and dry if you believe in science and fairness. 

I ran Division 1 track; our shittiest dude was faster than our NCAA Championship caliber female. If he had decided he wanted to be a woman, he would have won the NCAA Championship the next day.

It’s also not a knock against women that they aren’t as fast or as strong as a man. Trust me, no one gave a crap that our slowest guy on the team was still faster than our best woman. Everyone simply thought our best woman was a hell of an athlete, because she absolutely was. 

Edited by kaputt
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We wouldn’t really be talking about this stuff if the dems and this administration weren’t so full retard on all the grooming homo/trans stuff. I’ve never seen a more illogical fanaticism for such unhealthy, immoral, and dangerous ideology. There is nothing beneficial to the individuals involved or the society that allows and fosters this type of insanity. And, it’s downright destructive for the kids caught up in the madness. Heck ole demented Joe and that whack job spokesperson were blaming 9 year old kids in Nashville for their own death at the hands of a trannie. Saying the poor trannies had to respond since all of us are trying to kill them.

I know we’re a constitutional republic and that allows complete individual liberty, which i wholly support and swore to defend, but that doesn’t mean the government should encourage and incentivize unhealthy and destructive behavior or ideology. And it def doesn’t mean we should let adults screw up our kids.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Smokin said:

words

Great, but you still haven't answered my question. Saying "America sucks" because less people believe in an invisible man in the sky that gives kids cancer is just an opinion, even if it is held by multiple people.

Are you insinuating that countries with a higher percentage of the population that subscribe to a judeo-christian faith are better?

59 minutes ago, Day Man said:

Great, but you still haven't answered my question. Saying "America sucks" because less people believe in an invisible man in the sky that gives kids cancer is just an opinion, even if it is held by multiple people.

Are you insinuating that countries with a higher percentage of the population that subscribe to a judeo-christian faith are better?

Did you actually read his post?

2 hours ago, Day Man said:

As a Christian, yes, but that's not my point. 

China is built on a communist ideology.  Converting China from a communist (and therefore atheist) ideology to a Christian one would undermine everything it is built on and likely make it collapse, especially if that was largely done in one person's lifetime.  We are just doing the opposite (going from Christian to atheist).  The United States surviving (at least in any form that even remotely resembles our current one) that quick transition as a country/culture/power seems unlikely.

2 hours ago, FourFans said:

Did you actually read his post?

i did...he quoted me where I asked to specify metrics to illustrate his point, and he didn't.

56 minutes ago, Smokin said:

As a Christian, yes, but that's not my point.

ok, cool. Let's use Honduras as an (extreme) example. By what metric are they better than America?

58 minutes ago, Smokin said:

China is built on a communist ideology.  Converting China from a communist (and therefore atheist) ideology to a Christian one would undermine everything it is built on and likely make it collapse, especially if that was largely done in one person's lifetime.  We are just doing the opposite (going from Christian to atheist).  The United States surviving (at least in any form that even remotely resembles our current one) that quick transition as a country/culture/power seems unlikely.

What you call conversion, I call progress. We have just about the entirety of human knowledge at our fingertips, so for someone to question some religious parable and realize it just doesn't add up (Noah's Ark?)...that's ok with me.

Thanks for the discussion.🍻

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kaputt said:

One simply cannot support women and also support trans men competing in women’s sports. It doesn’t matter how you feel about transgender people, it is pure discrimination to allow a biological man to compete against a woman. There is nothing more cut and dry if you believe in science and fairness. 

I ran Division 1 track; our shittiest dude was faster than our NCAA Championship caliber female. If he had decided he wanted to be a woman, he would have won the NCAA Championship the next day.

It’s also not a knock against women that they aren’t as fast or as strong as a man. Trust me, no one gave a crap that our slowest guy on the team was still faster than our best woman. Everyone simply thought our best woman was a hell of an athlete, because she absolutely was. 

You know how the USA Women's soccer team gets better? They play 15-year-old boys' teams. And they get smoked by them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Day Man said:

What you call conversion, I call progress. We have just about the entirety of human knowledge at our fingertips, so for someone to question some religious parable and realize it just doesn't add up (Noah's Ark?)...that's ok with me.

Thanks for the discussion.🍻

I’m absolutely not trying to start a religious debate (full disclosure I’m a practicing Christian) but this type of comment always intrigues me. Every phase of humanity (at least Western cultures post-Renaissance) has thought they were the peak of human knowledge and understanding. Time and time again, we’ve proven ourselves wrong and changed our thoughts on things. Hell, look at the progress of aviation where the peak of scientific knowledge and thought basically proved it was impossible or we couldn’t pass the sound barrier, etc. 

My $0.02 is that I think we were all blessed by our creator with the ability to think critically and that is a blessing, not something to be stomped out. Having said that, I don’t understand why kids get cancer, why war happens, why MyEval keeps coming back, etc. Whether it’s a divine test (story of Job), a lesson (rain falls on the just and unjust alike), or just a bad deal (Psalm 73:3 & 13…basically says bad people have good things and what’s the point of living right when I get bad things), I truly don’t know. And I’m sure non-Christians will dunk on me for this, but I find peace in that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1