Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

18 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

While I appreciate the sentiment regarding the "Dear Boss" letter, CAT 5 doesn't and won't give a shit about something like that.  At all.  If anything he'd probably track down the guy or gal who wrote it, delay their retirement pending some type of investigation, and try to give them an Article 15 for insubordination or some such nonsense.  I kid, but not really.

Ya, I meant for that to go above his head, but your last paragraph hits on that point, so it's might just be moot.  Either way, best of luck, hopefully he's being moved to a position where he can't do anymore damage. 

Not that a dude like this would ever go to an airline, but I know of a squadron that successfully blackballed a dude from all his top choice airlines because he was just such a toxic boss, especially toward part-timers/airline guys.  He apparently had a CJO in hand at a Legacy and ended up having it pulled.  Unfortunately this type of grass roots effects aren't as successful with Generals as they're just too far entrenched and will always find a cush contractor gig after service.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SocialD said:

Not that a dude like this would ever go to an airline, but I know of a squadron that successfully blackballed a dude from all his top choice airlines because he was just such a toxic boss, especially toward part-timers/airline guys.  He apparently had a CJO in hand at a Legacy and ended up having it pulled. 

I know for a fact he is blackballed from "some" Industry...numerous folks have stepped in to make that happen.  Sadly he will consult or one of the big that doesn't care will hire him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

And another work of art...

I remember Dag when he was the 58 SOW OG when I was at Kirtland.  What’s your take on him?  If remember correctly he was one of the Olmsted scholar types?

46 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

I remember Dag when he was the 58 SOW OG when I was at Kirtland.  What’s your take on him?  If remember correctly he was one of the Olmsted scholar types?

KC-135s out of ENJJPT? He was a bitter dude.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

You’re correct he was an Olmstead guy, Czech Republic if I remember right.

Dang Anderson is all about Dag Anderson, first and foremost.  Smart guy, but a straight politician who’s out for #1.  He’s better than having CAT 5 in the seat, but that’s not saying much.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Crap pilot, went to ENJPT - came out with a KC-135 (nothing against my tanker bros).  Mentioning his name in the U-28 community will cause a mass outbreak of PTSD.  He was deemed by leadership, "too years many BPZ to fail" - like Cat-5.  While DO his squadron had extreme morale and execution issues, they crashed an plane at Hurlburt.  He was home, his SQ/CC was deployed...they fired the SQ/CC, eventually gave him command of the RTU and promoted him AGAIN BPZ.

In my very limited interactions with Dag, I was not impressed. If he is indeed next, it sucks that AFSOC's leadership selection process keeps hitting foul balls over and over again at the highest levels...

ALRIGHT! I'll do it. First order of AFSOC business when I'm in charge is that all aircrew will be wearing Air Commando Bush Hats immediately, everyone will be issued a single can of Sexual Tyrannosaurus chewing tobacco with refills at members discretion, and Cannon will close and everyone will move to Hickam and manifest destiny existing squadron spaces from current occupiers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ALRIGHT! I'll do it. First order of AFSOC business when I'm in charge is that all aircrew will be wearing Air Commando Bush Hats immediately, everyone will be issued a single can of Sexual Tyrannosaurus chewing tobacco with refills at members discretion, and Cannon will close and everyone will move to Hickam and manifest destiny existing squadron spaces from current occupiers. 

If you’re manifest destiny-ing over there, could always aim high and take over North Island NAS in the name of joint-ness.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

In my very limited interactions with Dag, I was not impressed. If he is indeed next, it sucks that AFSOC's leadership selection process keeps hitting foul balls over and over again at the highest levels...

It will NOT be Dag, it WILL be a surprise and a good one.

Almost anything is better than the giant tub of goo.

Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 1.29.18 PM.png

• Like 1

Well with all the AFSOC bashing, some good news is the new 1 SOW CC is a stud. And he’s replacing Col Allison Black as she retires after a very long career. Great stuff for Hurlburt and congrats to AB!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Well with all the AFSOC bashing, some good news is the new 1 SOW CC is a stud. And he’s replacing Col Allison Black as she retires after a very long career. Great stuff for Hurlburt and congrats to AB!

Indeed, P-Diddy is squared away...for a non-pilot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nsplayr said:

An economist would ask: what is the organization maximizing?

They aren't hitting foul balls, they're just not playing the game you think they are.

1 hour ago, McJay Pilot said:

320th STS/CC fired at Kadena and there’s a data dump on FB here, that reads similar to the 27 SOG/CC’s rebuttal from awhile back.

I know a lot of the names mentioned, it’ll be interesting to hear what all they have to say. 

Just read the 27 SOG/CC rebuttal today, that shit was harsh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

320th STS/CC fired at Kadena and there’s a data dump on FB here, that reads similar to the 27 SOG/CC’s rebuttal from awhile back.

I know a lot of the names mentioned, it’ll be interesting to hear what all they have to say. 

How does a civilian have this much authority within a wing?

8 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

How does a civilian have this much authority within a wing?

Great question.  I don’t know anything about this specific scenario, but a common phenomenon is weak commanders fearing interpersonal conflict allowing a leadership void to develop which is exploited by uppity civilians.

• Upvote 2