Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, arg said:

JFC that guys needs a cold one!  

Edit: Who wants a helicopter ride?

Edit 2: This dude never gave up Kudos.   

LOSS OF TAIL ROTOR EFFECTIVENESS (Uncontrollable)

1. Autorotate

2. Throttles-Flight Idle

In the Huey, you were supposed to remember to roll the throttles off prior to the flare.  So you don't increase torque and  cause the aircraft to spin.  I always thought, who the fuck is going to remember to roll the throttles off during the flare after they were just spiraling to their death?   

This dude appears to have left them on in the flare.  Only critique.

This guy had the balls to fly that beast all the way to the end and got to live.   Never stop flying the aircraft!   

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Upvote 1

mach loop love

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, Biff_T said:

JFC that guys needs a cold one!  

Edit: Who wants a helicopter ride?

Edit 2: This dude never gave up Kudos.   

LOSS OF TAIL ROTOR EFFECTIVENESS (Uncontrollable)

1. Autorotate

2. Throttles-Flight Idle

In the Huey, you were supposed to remember to roll the throttles off prior to the flare.  So you don't increase torque and  cause the aircraft to spin.  I always thought, who the fuck is going to remember to roll the throttles off during the flare after they were just spiraling to their death?   

This dude appears to have left them on in the flare.  Only critique.

This guy had the balls to fly that beast all the way to the end and got to live.   Never stop flying the aircraft!   

Amen. That is definitely the takeaway from that video. It ain't over until it's over. Huge kudos to this pilot.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, arg said:

CH may get a little wet watching this. I know I did.

Nice!

Also, look at that sweet KC-10 (RIP) boom.  

I remember the first time I refueled one of those, all I could remember was one of my instructors voices saying "Amn Biff, you don't wanna be the first person to hit those props".   

Death in the form of an Aircraft: AC-130.  

The Saudi in my class was the worst student pilot I've ever met.   No studying, just complaining and language barrier excuses.  Nice guy, for 19 yo Saudi royalty, but not what I'd consider a threat or a good pilot.  He was scheduled to marry his cousin.  He flies F-15s.  

"What is this Boldface you speak of?" - somewhere around week six of pilot training, Saudi student.  

• 2 weeks later...

Great... and funny... video.  

Don't discount his knowledge based on his humor:  he's got his facts right.

The more I read up on the A-37, the more amazing it is that this tiny killer hasn't gotten more respect in the Vietnam history books.  

Here's a pic of the only one flying in North America.  There may be a 2nd returning to flight status in 2024.  

It's MIL thrust is the same as a T-38 in MAX.  

Nellis.JPG

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 2

It looks like this owner deleted the minigun option in favor of the out and back to Navy Brunswick lobster cubicle. Many a tweet trip from Plattsburgh and Loring to Brunswick was made in the 1980s and early 90s. Every time I made that run out of the 'burgh, there was another tweet there picking up lobster...I mean practicing PAR approaches.

• Like 1

No shit, there I was…downtown San Salvador, May 2023…three-ship of Salvadoran A-37s flying through the sunset. It was righteous. 

IMG_4424.jpeg

Edited by Spoo
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Spoo said:

No shit, there I was…downtown San Salvador, May 2023…three-ship of Salvadoran A-37s flying through the sunset.

*Apologies for the quality of the pic, at least the content is righteous. 

IMG_4424.jpeg

Sick!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 11:15 PM, HercDude said:

Douchebag GenZ social media influencer is flying across a National Forest, and just happens to have 3 GoPros recording it, when he just happens to have an engine failure, and just happens to have a selfie stick in hand when he parachutes into the mountains below.

FAA didn't buy his story, and now they violated him and he's lost his license:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/20/us/trevor-jacob-youtube-plane-crash.html

I hope the likes and follows were worth it. 🙄

Screenshot2023-12-07at3_22_12PM.png.04613d2212df1b67e683a0a87a390dbf.png

Screenshot2023-12-07at3_15_05PM.thumb.png.2aa4e15df9e14e8d527a0f64f18f63e9.png

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, wikz said:

the fact that there is a virtual reality blue angels team in DCS is mind blowing.  these kids mimic their syllabus and fly close to exactly how the real angels do, and it makes me speechless. 

Pretty cool but nothing beats the real thing!   Go do that shit (military flying) for real.   You will not regret it! 

• Upvote 1