Saddle up for Syria? Or Op Deny Christmas '13

brickhistory

Still, this is an even better idea than letting Mt. Dew and Doritos paint logos on the jets in exchange for cash.

False!

I can see it now... Debrief:

"The jet ran good.... had a good jet.... I'd like to thank Mt Dew and Doritos for a good jet... I'm sorry I really don't know what to do with my hands... It was like I was in a spaceship, floating above"

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060418/14404__talladega_l.jpg

14404__talladega_l.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nobody wants their blood money. They should send their own men to die in Syria if that's what they want. The middle east is like a bipolar ex wife.

I'll take their blood money. At least this way we'd actually know what we were fighting for, as opposed to going into debt to support a bullshit cause.

Hah, I was just being facetious. Any money we got would obviously go towards buying votes in some form, and lavish D.C. "Mission Accomplished" parties for politicians and donors, and we would still get sequestration anyway.

Let's get away from this grand illusion that we as military members, or even American citizens have any say in the matter. POTUS could invade Syria because he lost a bet, for all we know.

This whole scenario has "Sum of All Fears" written on it. Instead of crazy Nazi who uses nuclear bomb as a catalyst for war between Russia and US, it is Al Qaeda that (could have) used chemical weapons as a catalyst of war between Russia and the US.

You mean like this guys claim?

(Caution it's from infowars)

http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-high-level-source-confirms-secret-us-nuclear-warhead-transfer-to-east-coast/h

Does anybody get nightwatch? The nightly e-mail from KGS? I found this commentary interesting:

http://www.kforcegov...h_13000191.aspx

This is the first I've heard of this source. After a limited amount of browsing their site and reading their stated philosophy, I'm inclined to consider them a relatively unbiased and trustworthy source. Anybody else familiar with KGS, or have any other opinions?

So, now we have to side with the Syrian regime and bomb the rebels, right?

Depends, how much blood money do we get for taking their side? Is it more than if we side with the rebels? Those are really the only two questions we should be asking.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10039672/UN-accuses-Syrian-rebels-of-chemical-weapons-use.html

UN report is incomplete, but current assessment is AQ in Syria actively using chemical weapons.

Source of the article (top-left under the pic) says this is from May 13'. This stuff is circulating the net now, and highlights why we shouldn't be acting on assumptions or bombing whomever we think did it.... not yet anyway. Tough to be all red liney and righteously judgemental now, when there have been reports of these kinds of attrocities circulating all summer. Nothing has yet to be confirmed, no matter what leaderships confidence level is currently. We will continue to delay, they will move and harden stockpiles, we will not supply any weapons or fire on any targets and the entire world and both sides will continue to hate us for doing nothing for different reasons. This is why you stay out of other peoples civil wars.

Chuck

• Upvote 1

This whole scenario has "Sum of All Fears" written on it. Instead of crazy Nazi who uses nuclear bomb as a catalyst for war between Russia and US, it is Al Qaeda that (could have) used chemical weapons as a catalyst of war between Russia and the US.

That was the movie...in the book it was Muslim extremists.

• Upvote 1

I thought this video summed up the situation well: http://video.foxnews.com/v/2657047627001/judge-jeanine-another-false-narrative-from-the-white-house/

I will say I didn't care for her tone, conservatives haven't gotten everything right either, but the content is good, IMO.

Wow, that pretty much summed it up. Don't confuse conservatives with party line GOP, there is large and diverging difference. I thought her tone was spot on and well controlled. The facts, lies, and hypocrisy make me sick to my stomach and embarrassed that this country reelected this person to a second term (let alone the first term). What's even more embarrassing are the people he surrounds himself with. Her points and projections are accurate; dumb and dumber could lead us (from behind of course) straight into WW3 if we're not careful. And to think, this time last year, almost to the day, I was raging with hostilities over the lies and bullshit emanating from these same people while our brothers died a grizzly death while being left out in the cold. Class act Mr President, class act.

• Upvote 6

Well I see Putin's trying to give the POTUS a way out of this cluster ^(@#. You know the Russian's are not always wrong and may have a vested interest in securing/destroying the chemical stock pile in Syria. They recently did try to warn us about the two little Chechen angels in Boston but we blew it. One of the concerns that Russia may have is the Chechen/Al Qaeda connection and the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Currently the second largest contingent of foreign rebel fighters in Syria are Chechen's, some are even rebel brigade commanders. Also, Sochi is located right next to Chechnya, Ingushestia, Pankisi Gorge, and a couple of other mountain/gorge Chechen strong holds. They almost are close enough to watch the action on the ski slopes with binos.