Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, war007afa said:

So here's an interesting read from Task and Purpose.

Dude refused to turn over his weapons after making threatening comments to his chain-of-command in an email.  When they went to his on-base residence to take his guns away, he went full Code of Conduct on that ass.

What I love the most about this is how his wife turned it into a team sport:

"Injerd’s wife then opened the front door to their home, and the airman retreated into the house, shut the door, broke a back window, crawled out, scaled the base perimeter face and escaped into the woods.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/missing-airman-dyess-air-force-base

..."and weather forecaster"...

Wonder if he knew his forecast was cloudy with chance of $h1tstorm?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a gesture of goodwill, Southwest named a row of seats after her.

Been doing this long enough now to see the slide from something I dreamed of doing all my life to something that is absolutely unbearable at times.  Dad flew for 28 years before me and both of my gran

No dog in the fight.  But the 480FS Wikipedia page has an awesome “Woke era to present write up.” never seen that before must be a new AF Historian.

Posted Images

So this guy, all 5' 8" of him, kicked the asses of three sky cops, retreated back into his house, broke a back window, crawled out, scaled the base perimeter face, escaped into the woods, evaded capture in difficult and wooded terrain, and has been on the lamb since 22 April?

Fucking Rambo! :rock:

image.png.9a6996a27f52034ddb4be35204511995.png

How fucking embarrassing for the SMSgt Klexton Q. Jett, MSgt Derek L. Krahn and Officer John F. Breed!  I am sure they appreciate their names being included in the article! 😂😂😂

And if/when they ever capture him, instead of throwing him in jail, they need to put him in charge of training at the 7th Security Forces Squadron!  Apparently there's a lot he can teach the cops at Dyess!

On a separate note, just another reason not to live on base!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pbar said:

Even worse, Carrillo is security forces (i.e. a sky cop) at Travis AFB.

He also may have a connection to the slaying of a Federal Security officer killed in Oakland during a night of violence related to the death of George Floyd.

Source: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/06/07/steven-carrillo-alleged-santa-cruz-mountain-gunman-may-be-connected-to-oakland-federal-officer-slaying/

steven-carrillo-mugshot-jpg.215766

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few tidbits are starting to make the news (Take with a grain of salt):

- "Shortly after his arrest, SSgt Carrillo may have revealed a motive for the attack.
During his arrest, Steven Carrillo shouted at officers, "This is what I came here to fight. I'm sick of these goddamn police."
He gets garbled, but then mentions police "use of force".
Carrillo yelled, "Listen!"

- "Carrillo's Facebook page has been taken down but his profile picture that lists him as Libertarian, and his friends have been sending me screenshots from the past month. It's clear Carrillo was growing increasingly upset about police excessive force. June 5th, he wrote, "Who need antifa to start riots when you have the police to do it for you..."

- "On his Facebook page on May 31, Carrillo reposted a meme that said, "I'll never let racist white people make me forget about the dope white people I know exist. I love y'all." The post includes fist emojis of different skin tones, and both of the "whites" in the meme were crossed out. Carrillo wrote, "The only race that matters, the human race."

- "Carrillo was also having a hard time with his wife's suicide in 2018. She was an Air Force Airman 1st Class, found dead in an off-base hotel in South Carolina."

JJ MacNab on Twitter: "He's a Libertarian. This is his FB avatar.… "

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sim said:

Chinese are getting lazy. 

china.thumb.png.8837b48d0e26d36e7f6ae08b647db579.png

 

You can afford to be lazy when the state runs the media and censors the internet.

All those woke protestors should head to HK and see what it's like to protest against an authoritarian government for real.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, M2 said:

Even worse, Carrillo is security forces (i.e. a sky cop) at Travis AFB.

He also may have a connection to the slaying of a Federal Security officer killed in Oakland during a night of violence related to the death of George Floyd.

Source: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/06/07/steven-carrillo-alleged-santa-cruz-mountain-gunman-may-be-connected-to-oakland-federal-officer-slaying/

steven-carrillo-mugshot-jpg.215766

Yep

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-defendants-charged-murder-and-aiding-and-abetting-slaying-federal-protective-service

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reading this that it is illegal to defend yourself anyway possible in the City of Chicago. So she wants you to call 911 and more or less be put on hold while your getting a beating from a rioting mob. Also if you do defend yourself your going to jail as soon as you get out of intensive care , I guess she doesn't want any of her voting base killed.  Change my mind . Yes Chicago is my home town . https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-lori-lightfoot-denounces-vigilantism-in-chicago-after-white-men-patrol-neighborhood-streets-with-bats/ar-BB152S4r

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

I'm reading this that it is illegal to defend yourself anyway possible in the City of Chicago. So she wants you to call 911 and more or less be put on hold while your getting a beating from a rioting mob. Also if you do defend yourself your going to jail as soon as you get out of intensive care , I guess she doesn't want any of her voting base killed.  Change my mind . Yes Chicago is my home town . https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-lori-lightfoot-denounces-vigilantism-in-chicago-after-white-men-patrol-neighborhood-streets-with-bats/ar-BB152S4r

I think it's a leap to say you're not able to defend yourself. There's a pretty distinct line between being armed and prepared, and being a bunch of cosplay Meal Team 6 / Y'all Qaeda wannabes like the ones that ended up shooting a protester in Albuquerque the other night. Obviously being the former is a good thing, but roving packs of morons with weapons, legal or otherwise, is usually not a predictor of a good outcome. Whether or not you're protesting or protesting the protesting, or any derivative in between. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Waingro said:

I think it's a leap to say you're not able to defend yourself. There's a pretty distinct line between being armed and prepared, and being a bunch of cosplay Meal Team 6 / Y'all Qaeda wannabes like the ones that ended up shooting a protester in Albuquerque the other night. Obviously being the former is a good thing, but roving packs of morons with weapons, legal or otherwise, is usually not a predictor of a good outcome. Whether or not you're protesting or protesting the protesting, or any derivative in between. 

(Smart) neighborhood patrols seemed to work out in Minneapolis, according to the Washington Post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovtLTPrB2MA)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Waingro said:

I think it's a leap to say you're not able to defend yourself. There's a pretty distinct line between being armed and prepared, and being a bunch of cosplay Meal Team 6 / Y'all Qaeda wannabes like the ones that ended up shooting a protester in Albuquerque the other night. Obviously being the former is a good thing, but roving packs of morons with weapons, legal or otherwise, is usually not a predictor of a good outcome. Whether or not you're protesting or protesting the protesting, or any derivative in between. 

Say you're Lori Lightfoot and you're trying to explain to your police force exactly where that "distinct" line is, how would you do it?

Once you've explained it to them, how effective do you think the police force you've openly lambasted and critqued are going to be at enforcing the policies you'd like enforced against people who are clearly on the other side of the "F the Police" movement?

My next door neighbor is a childhood friend and 20 year city cop. We've talked for hours. They're getting tired, depressed, and morale is at an all time low.

What you believe is right or wrong doesn't matter much if we lose the ability to enforce it.

 

 

 

Edited by torqued
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

torqued hit on my concern of long term implications of all this anti-police riots.  The number of people who are interested in joining the police force right now has to be virtually disappearing.  That means the police force is going to have a drastically reduced applicant pool, which is going to decrease the average quality of the individuals hired, which is only going to increase incidents like this.  I also wonder if some of these current incidents like Minneapolis and Atlanta are a product of this same decreased pool following the Ferguson riots.  If you hire people who otherwise would only be able to get a minimum wage job, and then give them authority and a gun, you're going to have big problems.  I'm not talking about most cops right now, but if the nation continues on the current path, this is what we're going to end up with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have LOTS of Cops and State Troopers on our Guard base.  Over the last few years, many have left their positions on the police force and taken full time positions on base.  Talking with them, the consensus is that they feel they have zero backup from city leaders/politicians.  They all felt like they were one edited video away from losing their jobs...the court of public opinion matters more than the truth.  I expect to see more and more this.

Edited by SocialD
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SocialD said:

We have LOTS of Cops and State Troopers on our Guard base.  Over the last few years, many have left their positions on the police force and taken full time positions on base.  Talking with them, the consensus is that they feel they have zero backup from city leaders/politicians.  They all felt like they were one edited video away from losing their jobs...the court of public opinion matters more than the truth.  I expect to see more and more this.

Everyone wants to blame the cops but these aren't problems cops can solve. The largest change needs to come from politicians and city leaders. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...