uhhello

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sim said:

BadWx.thumb.JPG.c6425b860afb98890356b771bfd8baef.JPG

No wx radar? 

For fucks sake, "I lost it in the wx," does not mean he ejected for bad weather...this is the worst reporting I've ever seen.  I can't speak for the 35, but the only wx we have onboard is foreflight if your bring a ADS-B puck.

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, di1630 said:

I hear the b model in hover mode can be very disorienting in imc. No idea the details or phase of flight but with an auto recovery switch and auto gcas, I think if this person punched for spatial d in a panicky moment there might get a training deficit.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

We have a thing called "modal confusion" where a student gets behind the jet and doesn't realize what mode they are in - 1 or 4. Has resulted in a few close calls. 

One should never be "in the hover" in IMC though. 

Edited by VMFA187

We have a thing called "modal confusion" where a student gets behind the jet and doesn't realize what mode they are in - 1 or 4. Has resulted in a few close calls. 

A whole lot of rotary wing guys….

62d5f99610663ec0d020b01567758a59.jpg

Understandably, that’s where we live. We’d probably feel the same way about being inverted.

I wonder how many advanced FMS autopilots we could have bought with 100 million dollars….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Sim said:

BadWx.thumb.JPG.c6425b860afb98890356b771bfd8baef.JPG

No wx radar? 

It had to be the vaccine.  Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

Thats my Battlefield 2042 (video game) tactic.  Pull into a cloud and hover.  Lol. 

8 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

This is exactly how an F35 sounds.

The screaming howl of that demon bitch, Fat Amy. Lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:
I'm sure the 911 operator worked in AF Finance or MPF in a previous job. 

Please, Lord... when the day comes that I need 911, don't let this be the operator that answers. 
Amen.

Reminds me of that scene from “Idiocracy”.

Image1695398574.468110.jpg

• Haha 2

Okay, yes, this person is clearly not working 911 part time to pay for their mensa membership. But.

If you're the pilot that just ejected out of a fighter aircraft and you're sitting in some guy's house calling 911, don't you think you would maybe take a little bit more control over the conversation rather than answer stupid questions that only make the person on the other end more confused?

This guy is 47 years old and in the military, so ostensibly has some sort of leadership experience under his belt. If you can't lead one moron into sending an ambulance without a 15 minute discussion about how ejections work, it might not be the 911 operator that's the problem.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Okay, yes, this person is clearly not working 911 part time to pay for their mensa membership. But.

If you're the pilot that just ejected out of a fighter aircraft and you're sitting in some guy's house calling 911, don't you think you would maybe take a little bit more control over the conversation rather than answer stupid questions that only make the person on the other end more confused?

This guy is 47 years old and in the military, so ostensibly has some sort of leadership experience under his belt. If you can't lead one moron into sending an ambulance without a 15 minute discussion about how ejections work, it might not be the 911 operator that's the problem.

I know I would still be pretty shook up. Not to mention coming to grips/explaining the loss of a multimillion dollar aircraft especially if I was worried about it landing on a school somewhere. I'm sure adrenaline level was still off the scale. 

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Shack.  I'm sure this is very common for dispatchers to handle.....Lady has spent all morning talking to hundreds of people with colds, too fat, heart attacks and so forth.  Comprehending that "there is a pilot in my house" to "I just ejected" is nuts.  Cut her some slack.  If she doesn't ask those questions she probably gets 10 demerits.  To top it off, nothing is being delayed with her questions.  The busses are rolling right off the bat.  She's just getting info to pass to the busses.  

Edited by uhhello

Relax... we simply are finding it funny. 
Yes, she doesn't speak aviation. 
Yes, I would have made the call on the guy's phone myself... even if I was in shock from the ejection. 
Don't worry:  no one is writing her hate letters. 

We just find it humorous. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Relax... we simply are finding it funny. 
Yes, she doesn't speak aviation. 
Yes, I would have made the call on the guy's phone myself... even if I was in shock from the ejection. 
Don't worry:  no one is writing her hate letters. 

We just find it humorous. 

image.gif.8338f06e4de0b511ea1ee504aa770d0b.gif

• Haha 2