The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

I agree with @Danger41 that it is interesting that, for the most part, each generation has more knowledge available than the previous generation yet never seems to learn that we are always learning and much of what previous generations "knew for a fact" was in fact wrong.  Go through a museum today and what strikes me even more than the vast amount of information available is the absolute absence of any humility.  You will almost never see the terms "scientists think" or "evidence suggests".  Theories are presented as irrefutable fact because science cannot be wrong.

A generation ago, many considered the majority of the Old Testament to be complete fiction and even much of the historic figures and places of the New Testament to be fictional as well.  Historians pointed to the absence of any King David, until the Tel Dan Inscription was discovered.  Then more and more archeology discoveries proved Luke's description of people and places to be remarkably accurate, even places he never personally went to.

People may be quick to dismiss the Bible has parables and fiction, but put just as much faith in unproven theories with considerable problems in them.  For example, what actually caused the big bang?  Something doesn't explode for no reason.  How did life come from inanimate objects?  Richard Dawkins, one of the smartest atheists of our time, answers that with ... aliens.  But that only prolongs the question because then where did the aliens come from?  To me, the atheist potion takes more faith than the Christian position.  If I'm wrong, I've wasted time time and money.  If the atheist is wrong, there is literally hell to pay for eternity.

Perhaps we should start a thread on Christian apologetics in the Air Force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, FLEA said:

I'm not particularly religious but I always find it hilarious that atheist talk about the bible and fairy tails on one hand and then "we probably live in a computer simulation" on the other. 

*agnostic has entered the chat*

*nihilist has entered the chat*

*deist has entered the chat*

Felisha GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 5

We, as humans, haven't physically touched anything beyond the moon.  Arguing about how the universe was created is something our minds can't comprehend.  It makes me think of the humans in the past who thought the earth was flat and balancing on a giant tortoise.  Maybe someday in a few hundred thousand years we'll evolve to have the mental capacity to understand.  But until then, we dont know what will happen when we die (not even the smartest priest or atheist).  Not a single human alive today knows what is lerking in the shadows beyond life, only the dead.  I think we're better off not knowing.  Enjoy your life without fucking over others.  That's what matters.  We'll all get a chance to see what happens after death someday.   As for the universe, my mouth breathing mind thinks its been here forever. Something that the human mind has trouble with comprehending.  The universe has always been here and it will continue to be here long after the sun exlpodes.   There is no beginning or end in the universe.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AC&W said:

We can't even accurately predict the weather.

Wx: "Sir, I can assure you that there is only light turbulence in the mountains."

Me: "Look outside and you'll see lenticular clouds above all of the areas we're going".

Wx: "Yeap, you're right.  The new MEF will be out with forecasted severe".

Me: "Thanks man!"   I was cool with him because he didn't make any excuses.  No quibbling.   

I never got into the whole "Im a better wxman than they are" mentality" (Ok, maybe i dipped my toes in it sts). I just compared their notes to mine.  Sometimes,  they were right lol.  

Edit: woke things.   

Edited by Biff_T
My comment didn't involve woke things

Trannies on the attack at SFSU.  Collegiate swimmer Riley Gaines was speaking about the unfair advantage that male swimmers (athletes) enjoy in swimming and most other athletic events when competing against women. She was actually hit twice by a trannie and chased into a room by the mob and was barricaded in the room for an hour or more before enough police officers arrived to facilitate her escape. Of course no charges and SFSU faculty and staff are saying it was a peaceful protest.

• Upvote 2

Beat the science out of her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bfargin said:

Trannies on the attack at SFSU.  Collegiate swimmer Riley Gaines was speaking about the unfair advantage that male swimmers (athletes) enjoy in swimming and most other athletic events when competing against women. She was actually hit twice by a trannie and chased into a room by the mob and was barricaded in the room for an hour or more before enough police officers arrived to facilitate her escape. Of course no charges and SFSU faculty and staff are saying it was a peaceful protest.

This is what is still perplexing to me.  Conservatives, the big bad asses, don't do anything about this.  "It's a tragedy!!"  That's all you're going to get from conservatives.  The vile, take down America liberals actually are attacking.  And winning.  And conservatives don't do a god dam thing.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, Biff_T said:

We, as humans, haven't physically touched anything beyond the moon.  Arguing about how the universe was created is something our minds can't comprehend.  It makes me think of the humans in the past who thought the earth was flat and balancing on a giant tortoise.  Maybe someday in a few hundred thousand years we'll evolve to have the mental capacity to understand.  But until then, we dont know what will happen when we die (not even the smartest priest or atheist).  Not a single human alive today knows what is lerking in the shadows beyond life, only the dead.  I think we're better off not knowing.  Enjoy your life without fucking over others.  That's what matters.  We'll all get a chance to see what happens after death someday.   As for the universe, my mouth breathing mind thinks its been here forever. Something that the human mind has trouble with comprehending.  The universe has always been here and it will continue to be here long after the sun exlpodes.   There is no beginning or end in the universe.  

Truth. There's still a possible showdown betwinxt us in Pensacola or Chorpus Christi I can't remember.  filthy_liar vs Biff_T.  but what he said there is true.  The human mind is very very small when it comes to explaining things.  Back to our scheduled events.  filthy vs Biff in Death Valley

• Haha 1

It absofuckinglutely blows my mind that women, and even more crazy, some women athletes, are actually okay with biological men pretending to be women competing against them and ultimately beat them. 

This is not some gray area of personal beliefs. It’s absolutely solid science that men have an athletic advantage over women. I could give two fucks if some dude wants to cut his dick off, or wear dresses, or take pills to pump estrogen in his body. It’s a free country, do whatever you want. 

But it wasn’t that long ago women couldn’t even compete in sports. And now we’re going to piss all of that away to appease a fraction of a percent of the society. 

Edited by kaputt
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, kaputt said:

It absofuckinglutely blows my mind that women, and even more crazy, some women athletes, are actually okay with biological men pretending to be women competing against them and ultimately beat them. 

This is not some gray area of personal beliefs. It’s absolutely solid science that men have an athletic advantage over women. I could give two fucks if some dude wants to cut his dick off, or wear dresses, or take pills to pump estrogen in his body. It’s a free country, do whatever you want. 

But it wasn’t that long ago women couldn’t even compete in sports. And now we’re going to piss all of that away to appease a fraction of a percent of the society. 

I don't think its going to get any real traction until athletic scholarships (i.e. something of material value) are taken up. But right now women outnumber men 2-to-1 in college (and they don't seem to realize that) and at the same time transgenderism is so rare they aren't taking any opportunities in any scale that people are paying attention to. 

And right now there are significantly more woman to man pretenders than man to woman. They’re all delusional, but you might be right that money will have to flow from women to men before women start to pay attention.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/bearded-man-smashes-womens-weightlighting-record-held-by-trans-lifter/news-story/f7e925cde26ffb394e0aed56db0cf42a

Good on this dude showcasing how absurd the argument is.  Crushes the record that was previously held by a tranny, who had previously crushed the record held by an actual woman.  Then the tranny has the balls to cry about how unfair it was.

Next you're going to have Olympic athletes going back to their high school to crush the high school records because they identify as a 17 year old.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, FLEA said:

I don't think its going to get any real traction until athletic scholarships (i.e. something of material value) are taken up. But right now women outnumber men 2-to-1 in college (and they don't seem to realize that) and at the same time transgenderism is so rare they aren't taking any opportunities in any scale that people are paying attention to. 

This should absolutely get traction with anyone that has a daughter below high school age. School boards and local politics do make a difference. High school girls across the country are missing out on state level opportunities to compete, or being the last girl to not make a team. It is happening and I think it is only growing right now, especially if you live in certain states. I'm willing fight for my daughters right to have fair competition....just be ready to be attacked like Riley Gaines

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This should absolutely get traction with anyone that has a daughter below high school age. School boards and local politics do make a difference. High school girls across the country are missing out on state level opportunities to compete, or being the last girl to not make a team. It is happening and I think it is only growing right now, especially if you live in certain states. I'm willing fight for my daughters right to have fair competition....just be ready to be attacked like Riley Gaines

You are but I don't think most people feel the same. Like 99% of people are just thinking 1.) there's only a 1% or less chance my daughter is ever even in that situation and 2.) even if my daughter is in that situation, was she really competitive for an athletic scholarship anyway. 

You can see that now with the current media hype. The only people at the HS/Collegiate level getting any media attention are young women who actually had shots at financial incentives. For everyone else, people are simply asking "what are the damages?" in a very judicial sense of "no one is entitled a right to fair competition." 

I respect you're willing to go to bat for your daughter but just thinking of the local crop of parents in my child's own school 99% are of the mentality "how many summer camps can I get them into so i don't actually have to raise or watch them over the summer." 

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

I respect you're willing to go to bat for your daughter but just thinking of the local crop of parents in my child's own school 99% are of the mentality "how many summer camps can I get them into so i don't actually have to raise or watch them over the summer."

Yep, most parents today are shitty ones, lazy and self absorbed. It’s so frustrating to watch my age group +/-6.9 years suck so bad at life. 

21 hours ago, FLEA said:

You are but I don't think most people feel the same. Like 99% of people are just thinking 1.) there's only a 1% or less chance my daughter is ever even in that situation and 2.) even if my daughter is in that situation, was she really competitive for an athletic scholarship anyway. 

You can see that now with the current media hype. The only people at the HS/Collegiate level getting any media attention are young women who actually had shots at financial incentives. For everyone else, people are simply asking "what are the damages?" in a very judicial sense of "no one is entitled a right to fair competition." 

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying unfortunately. I can see it happening at the younger level, where financials are if little concern. Anyone that has competed, or has kids that compete competitively, knows how bad it sucks just to miss out. But to say, what are the damages? That train if thought has to be squashed. 

My wife was a collegiate athlete... She likes to remind me that women fought for generations for their 'right to fair competition' in sports. I think she is more infuriated than I am at any story of a high school or younger sports story where a trans person places or gets a spot somewhere. That was one less actual girl making the finals, getting a medal, making the team, etc.  She is more pissed about that than she was at 'Lia' Thompson winning NCAA gold.

Well if all this business keeps going, I’m selfishly hoping if Title IX gets repealed (idiotic), NCAA wrestling programs will see a resurgence. Those programs got slaughtered and are usually low hanging fruit under Title IX.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Well if all this business keeps going, I’m selfishly hoping if Title IX gets repealed (idiotic), NCAA wrestling programs will see a resurgence. Those programs got slaughtered and are usually low hanging fruit under Title IX.

Unfamiliar. Why did IX kill them?