The new airline thread

FUSEPLUG

33 minutes ago, Waingro said:

We're doing old emails now? Here's an email the APA Vice President sent to a cadet while on active duty. 

https://www.afforums.com/index.php?threads/cadet-request-for-an-f-15-ride.4933/

TBH, he still communicates that way, when the situation dictates. 

And yeah, it's fun to watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brabus said:

What a classic email. Although to be fair, I’m not sure a cadet in the back of a strike would actually make any difference in their performance! 

(I’m just giving you shit strike bros, if it wasn’t apparent already)

Thanks to Toro and his hilarious email, George got the ride he wanted, ensured by the General who replied-all to the email. 

And the poor kid was just doing what a colonel had told him to do to get a ride. 😂

That was a funny week to be in the Trolls.

1 minute ago, Lord Ratner said:

Thanks to Toro and his hilarious email, George got the ride he wanted, ensured by the General who replied-all to the email. 

And the poor kid was just doing what a colonel had told him to do to get a ride. 😂

That was a funny week to be in the Trolls.

I wonder where ole sondecker the hiv is these days ….

1 hour ago, Orbit said:

Well, that'll just about cover the flybys.  

Looks like Kwast is doing well. https://spacenews.com/kwast-joins-skycorp/

Me and a bud rolled through Laughlin when he was the OG, to give U-2 recruiting briefings.  We stopped by his office to kiss the ring, and he had O-6 rank on... but only Senior Pilot wings.  I think he was 6 years below the zone to O-6.  Impressive guy.  

Edited by HuggyU2

22 minutes ago, mcbush said:

Wasn't 4 the max? Or was there some secret HPO deal so the shiniest of pennies could go quicker than that?

Used to be you could 2 BPZ to Major.  2 BPZ to Major, 2 BPZ to LtCol, 2 BPZ to Col, fast burner trifecta back in the day.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Used to be you could 2 BPZ to Major.  2 BPZ to Major, 2 BPZ to LtCol, 2 BPZ to Col, fast burner trifecta back in the day.

That's been a hot minute, otherwise yup...

Now it'd take 2x #1 OOM from O-4 & 5 LAF-___ promo-boards to get ~2-3 BTZ equivalent to O-6. That's some crazy-stupid OPB/PRF strat soup required now to achieve both. Havent seen a mil bio boasting such yet

Hey!  This is the airline thread, take your bullshit Air Force promotion acronyms down the hall to the what is wrong with the AF thread.  

Soooo...anything good on the airline front?  I was able to dump my entire schedule next month, so that's good.  🤣  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 11/21/2023 at 9:55 AM, Clark Griswold said:

McDonald Douglas built my jet to be EMP/JAM proof on accident lol.   I was bored on my flight the other day because I had more than 50 minutes at cruise (the worst!), so I checked out the airways based on VORs.   Maybe it was because I was on the east coast, but I was surprised at how many VORs are still online.  I know they're closing more but I think I could easily go back to flying airways with an RMI.   We already fly approaches where we just get cleared a common navaid and told cleared for approach (whatever approach we want) in places like AVL.  Might be fun for a bit, but that would get annoying.  I like my airline flying like I like my women....easy!

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

McDonald Douglas built my jet to be EMP/JAM proof on accident lol.   I was bored on my flight the other day because I had more than 50 minutes at cruise (the worst!), so I checked out the airways based on VORs.   Maybe it was because I was on the east coast, but I was surprised at how many VORs are still online.  I know they're closing more but I think I could easily go back to flying airways with an RMI.   We already fly approaches where we just get cleared a common navaid and told cleared for approach (whatever approach we want) in places like AVL.  Might be fun for a bit, but that would get annoying.  I like my airline flying like I like my women....easy!

Same...

Yep, my guess is that more than the currently planned number of VORs will be left on if the do-it-yourself EM jamming becomes more common...

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, herkbum said:

I’m off the week before and thru Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I purposely bid Xmas eve & day and NYE & NY day (LAS overnight...could be dangerous) for the extra 21 hours in pay.

That's what's great about the airlines. With enough seniority, you can do what you actually want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, HossHarris said:

For those that don’t speak airline, that’s an extra $6-9k for working over the holidays. 

1 hour ago, StoleIt said:

I purposely bid Xmas eve & day and NYE & NY day (LAS overnight...could be dangerous) for the extra 21 hours in pay.

That's what's great about the airlines. With enough seniority, you can do what you actually want.

53 minutes ago, HossHarris said:

For those that don’t speak airline, that’s an extra $6-9k for working over the holidays. 

And dump remainder of month's schedule? So on 4 days for the month? ..and maybe some reserve or no

On 11/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, herkbum said:

I get it. But I did have to fly 3 days to get my $6-$9k extra.

I get it dude, as a chronic reserve bidder, the worst thing the company can do to me is force me to actually go to work.  Even worse when it's not for overtime pay.  My GF rolls her eyes at my buddies and I when we opine (usually over coffee at my house while we're on call) about having to go to work "for free," when we get called out on reserve. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

I get it dude, as a chronic reserve bidder, the worst thing the company can do to me is force me to actually go to work.  Even worse when it's not for overtime pay.  My GF rolls her eyes at my buddies and I when we opine (usually over coffee at my house while we're on call) about having to go to work "for free," when we get called out on reserve. 🤣

Ha. That's what I say when I get called in - working "for free" 😆