What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

4 hours ago, HeloDude said:

He was a top General in the Air Force and was one of the top guys in the intelligence world…let this sink in for a minute about what people in these positions think.

image.thumb.jpeg.e0f78b0654131c8e39d8c1061bbc61f7.jpeg

I'm still confused that anybody in the military would hold a general to some sort of higher expectation. If anything my experience demonstrates that they are less likely to impress. 

These are the people that taught themselves to love the taste of shit just so they could one day be a general. The ultimate "yes men". They were not promoted in the field due to battle competence.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I'm still confused that anybody in the military would hold a general to some sort of higher expectation. If anything my experience demonstrates that they are less likely to impress. 

These are the people that taught themselves to love the taste of shit just so they could one day be a general. The ultimate "yes men". They were not promoted in the field due to battle competence.

The list of them could be its own thread.

6 hours ago, FourFans said:

Wait...you're not calling dibs?

It'd take a few pallets of Busch Heavy. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, FourFans said:

Pin on Rays Baseball Game

There's always a chance.  Never give up hope!

Hellth, A's are for pussies! 

16 hours ago, brabus said:

And “health” is misspelled on the sign behind “her.” This is AI or a shitty photoshop job. And Gen Dumbass bought hook, line and sinker. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Looks like some leadership folks at Minot picked sides and implied negative career action should you attend a Charlie Kirk rally...supposedly it was corrected.

Critics bash Minot AFB after airmen told to avoid conservative rally

At a certain point you realize that most people don't actually have political views. They have political positions. The difference is that a view requires research, dialogue, analysis, and for many things political, there's not a lot of reason for someone to do that. Why learn about abortion if you're not getting an abortion? Should the average American really have an opinion on Palestine when they don't even know where it is on a map? 

So whereas the military leadership class used to be conservative, it wasn't because they had conservative views, it was just because they wanted to be a part of the group of people who had conservative positions. Their superiors.

Now that we are in a rapidly changing political environment thanks to the spread of populism, the military leadership class is suddenly seeming much more liberal than the lower ranks, because the political establishment of Washington is fiercely anti-populist, including most of the legacy Republicans. 

They were never conservative, and they're not truly liberals or progressives now. They're just yes-men. Groupies. Sycophants who will morph into whatever they believe will please their bosses most. And since Charlie Kirk runs on a platform of "government is the problem" and makes no exception for big-government Republicans, obviously the power players on Washington are going to despise him. And like good little soldiers hoping for a reward, the generals will follow suit, threatening the careers of anyone who dares question or criticize the political "leaders" the generals hope to please and one day join.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The 'John Wayne Saloon': How day drinking went undetected at one of America's top military bases

No more day drinking and does not speak well to the survival of other secret drinking venues...IYKYK.

Well, that ought to take of any morale that was left!  If the public only knew how much Jack Daniels has helped forged their steely eyed killers... 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The 'John Wayne Saloon': How day drinking went undetected at one of America's top military bases

No more day drinking and does not speak well to the survival of other secret drinking venues...IYKYK.

I can just image the investigations that would ensure were I still a Wing Commander. I actually kept booze on my side table and frequently had my commanders sit in lawn chairs outside my office on Friday to drink and smoke cigars. I even had big parties at this secret place we called...shhh, don't tell the USA Today...the "Officer's Club".

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Nice to see the senior ranks are finally feeling some pain from the pearl-clutching alcohol hysteria aimed at the worker bees for all these years.

I always loved getting lectured on responsible drinking by a Colonel who had a bottle of scotch in his desk and some less-than-sober pictures scattered around "heritage rooms" from their CGO days.

7 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

And after his inspection, the General went to his office, opened the cabinet, poured 3 fingers of something smooth, stared out the window and wondered, "what the fuck is this world coming to?" and took a swig.

• Like 4

On 11/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, Lord Ratner said:

At a certain point you realize that most people don't actually have political views. They have political positions. The difference is that a view requires research, dialogue, analysis, and for many things political, there's not a lot of reason for someone to do that. Why learn about abortion if you're not getting an abortion? Should the average American really have an opinion on Palestine when they don't even know where it is on a map? 

So whereas the military leadership class used to be conservative, it wasn't because they had conservative views, it was just because they wanted to be a part of the group of people who had conservative positions. Their superiors.

Now that we are in a rapidly changing political environment thanks to the spread of populism, the military leadership class is suddenly seeming much more liberal than the lower ranks, because the political establishment of Washington is fiercely anti-populist, including most of the legacy Republicans. 

They were never conservative, and they're not truly liberals or progressives now. They're just yes-men. Groupies. Sycophants who will morph into whatever they believe will please their bosses most. And since Charlie Kirk runs on a platform of "government is the problem" and makes no exception for big-government Republicans, obviously the power players on Washington are going to despise him. And like good little soldiers hoping for a reward, the generals will follow suit, threatening the careers of anyone who dares question or criticize the political "leaders" the generals hope to please and one day join.

Oh wait, before I go...

I see what you're saying, but I cannot vision it.  Is that what you mean?

Because f*ck anyone that doesn't work a normal day shift schedule.

No more late night beer runs — AAFES to end overnight alcohol sales in 2024

In a move aimed at suicide prevention. stores on Army and Air Force bases worldwide will stop selling alcohol after 10 p.m. Beer, wine, and spirits will only be sold between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. at all Base Exchanges, Shoppettes, Express shops, Class Six, and other stores run by AAFES.

Edited by LiquidSky
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LiquidSky said:

In a move aimed at suicide prevention. stores on Army and Air Force bases worldwide will stop selling alcohol after 10 p.m. Beer, wine, and spirits will only be sold between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. at all Base Exchanges, Shoppettes, Express shops, Class Six, and other stores run by AAFES.

In my 12 years overseas, it was a constant cycle of this.  Never saw it standard across the board though.

2 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

If you’re too dumb to grab your booze before starting your shift or after it ends…maybe you shouldn’t be destroying more of those braincells? I don’t agree with the why behind it, but I also don’t see 2200-0600L sales restrictions being unnecessarily burdensome.