WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Had to call "knock it off" at the :07 mark

You made it about 3 seconds longer than I did.

...it's really quite the stretch to look him in the face (and not crack up) and take him seriously as a diplomat.

The fact that he's a complete fucking moron doesn't help either.

• Upvote 1

WTF? Were things so bad in Soviet Russia that Afghanistan was a better alternative?!?

Missing Soviet Soldier, Bakhretdin Khakimov, Found Living In Afghanistan 33 Years After Invasion

A war veteran who disappeared during the 1980 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan has been found -- 33 years later.

According to a HuffPost translation of Russian-language news service RIA Novosti, the missing Soviet soldier, Bakhretdin Khakimov, lived a semi-nomadic life in Afghanistan during the three decades after he was wounded in battle. Adopting the name Sheikh Abdullah, the war vet was recently found living with locals in Herat, a province in western Afghanistan...(full story at the title link)

Go to www.af.mil. Count the number of "Top Stories" or "Headlines" that are diversity/gender-related on the front page.

WTF?

The new fighter pilot prayer: "Dear Lord, please unf*ck our Air Force".

Edited by Flaco

Us cyber folks have watched as the portal has morphed into a cluster of un-navigable trash from the clean interface it once was. You can just see the "Oh, it would be great if we added this to the portal" CC idea's. CC Corner, Cyber corner, weather, Political correctness tab 1-3, etc.

It started with 4 tabs at the top and one set of links. Now it's worse than AOL ever was.

• Upvote 1

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130301/williamsburg/couple-builds-home-out-of-shipping-containers-williamsburg

WTF...they wanted to avoid paying "almost a half a million dollars" to build a brick house. So, they bought 6 shipping containers for $1,500 each...and built a $400,000 house out of shipping containers. #hipsterlogic

I saw that and it is sure is a WTF moment. Plus I wouldn't call a couple of old farts hipsters. But who would want to live in CLU's for a house if you didn't really have to?

WTF?!?

Giant Mosquitos Set To Invade Florida

mosquito_620x350.jpg

One of the most ferocious insects you've ever heard of it's the size of a quarter and its painful bite has been compared to being knifed, is set to invade Florida this summer.

The Sunshine State, already home to man-eating sinkholes, invading Burmese pythons, swarming sharks, tropical storms and other disasters, can expect to see an explosion of shaggy-haired gallinippers (Psorophora ciliata), a type of giant mosquito, according to entomologist Phil Kaufman of the University of Florida.

Gallinipper eggs hatch after a rainstorm or flood, and the state saw a big jump in the numbers of gallinippers last summer after Tropical Storm Debby dumped its load on Florida. Eggs laid last year could produce a bumper crop of the blood-sucking bugs this summer if Florida sees a soggy rainy season.

"I wouldn't be surprised, given the numbers we saw last year," Kaufman said in a statement. "When we hit the rainy cycle, we may see that again."

As insects go, gallinippers are particularly formidable. Their eggs lie dormant for years, awaiting the floodwaters that will enable them to hatch. Even in their larval stage, gallinippers are so tough they'll eat tadpoles and other small aquatic prey.

And as adults, the voracious pests feed day and night (unlike everyday mosquitoes, which generally feed only at dawn and dusk). Their bodies are strong enough to bite through clothing, and they're known to go after pets, wild animals and even fish, MyFoxOrlando.com reports.

"It's about 20 times bigger than the sort of typical, Florida mosquito that you find," Anthony Pelaez of Tampa's Museum of Science and Industry told Fox Orlando. "And it's mean, and it goes after people, and it bites, and it hurts."

Pelaez described the gallinipper's bite as so painful it "feels like you're being stabbed."

The term "gallinipper" isn't recognized by most entomologists, but over the past century, the word, and the insect, entered popular legend through Southern folktales, minstrel shows and blues songs, according to a report from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida.

The earliest description of the pest comes from 1897 by a writer who called the insect "the shyest, slyest, meanest and most venomous of them all." (Gallinipper bites don't actually contain any venom, they just feel that painful.)

Will insect repellents help to protect people from the dreaded gallinipper? Maybe, Kaufman said, though the pests may be more resistant to bug repellents, even those containing DEET, because of their large size.

If there's a silver lining to a possible invasion of gallinippers, it's the fact that their larvae are so ravenous they eat the larvae of other insects, including mosquitoes, thus reducing the populations of those pests. And they're not known to carry any diseases, though that may be small comfort to beleaguered Floridians.

Feds Spend $1.5 million to Study Obese Lesbians

Posted in Top Stories | 0 comments

american-flag-2a2-55896_140x140.jpg

Mar 12, 2013

By Todd Starnes

The National Institutes of Health awarded a Boston hospital more than $1.5 million to figure out why nearly three-quarters of lesbians are overweight — calling the disparities a significant public health issue.

FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

“It is now well-established that women of minority sexual orientation are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic, with nearly three-quarters of adult lesbians overweight or obese, compared to half of heterosexual women,” according to a description of the grant.

The taxpayer money was awarded to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston to study the relationship between sexual orientation and obesity. The project is overseen by S. Bryn Austin.

The grant was awarded through the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. The hospital received a 2011 grant worth $778,622 and a 2012 grant worth $778,622.

Feds Spend $1.5 million to Study Obese Lesbians

Posted in Top Stories | 0 comments

american-flag-2a2-55896_140x140.jpg

Mar 12, 2013

By Todd Starnes

The National Institutes of Health awarded a Boston hospital more than $1.5 million to figure out why nearly three-quarters of lesbians are overweight — calling the disparities a significant public health issue.

FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

“It is now well-established that women of minority sexual orientation are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic, with nearly three-quarters of adult lesbians overweight or obese, compared to half of heterosexual women,” according to a description of the grant.

The taxpayer money was awarded to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston to study the relationship between sexual orientation and obesity. The project is overseen by S. Bryn Austin.

The grant was awarded through the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. The hospital received a 2011 grant worth $778,622 and a 2012 grant worth $778,622.

I've been studying slim, hot lesbians for many years now. I wonder if I could get a grant.

• Upvote 4

I had to fly out San Diego and ended up in a center seat with two women "of size" on either side of me. Turns out they were lesbian bikers headed to a convention. Who knew they had conventions? It was an interesting conversation and I'm sure I could have contributed valuble data to the study for a small fee.