Does this check?

uhhello

Roberta = General Chang lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moley said:

Nope, newer mask with dropdown bayonet receiver plus it's a F-22. Image taken from Warzone.

Screenshot_20230902-093757_Chrome.jpg

Looks like a Raptor dude with a new callsign.  "ROBERTA" lol

We live in the land of make believe.  Its cool to be a liar.  You can be anything if you really put your mind to it, you dont even have to pack your bags and tell your kids sorry about missing another birthday.  No need to worry about making it home with inclement wx and low fuel.  No upt, no delpoying, no danger. Just pretend.  Its cool.  We can all be Viper-Huey-Pavelow-Pavehawk colonels.  Just beleive in yourself.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

I wrote their "newspaper" editors. 
No reply. 

I just got off the phone with the editor, several people have called, they are aware and "looking into it".

The editor was a little cagey, I suspect they are embarrassed.  Also, I think Roberts is grasping at straws, the Editor told me "we have asked for information and the person providing the information has had a death in the family so we are giving a little time and grace."  I told the editor a simple DD-214 which you can pull yourself should clear everything up...she didn't respond.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moley said:

I did also, no reply. Wonder if they research it.

Like before they write it?  No chance.  99% of the non-mil related populace has zero reason to doubt someone claiming military service.  I doubt they do any follow up either.   Only hope is next time something like this happens they will think twice before copy/pasting someones claimed career.  I emailed them as well and pointed out very politely all the tell tale signs of 'stolen valor' in this case.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Like before they write it?  No chance.  99% of the non-mil related populace has zero reason to doubt someone claiming military service.  I doubt they do any follow up either.   Only hope is next time something like this happens they will think twice before copy/pasting someones claimed career.  I emailed them as well and pointed out very politely all the tell tale signs of 'stolen valor' in this case.  

I get that, but look at this dude (or whatever it is)!  There's no way anyone--even someone without a military background--would look at him and think "sure, that jives with everything I know about people in the US military!"

Even if it's just the Hollywood version, there's clearly something very "different" here...

5 minutes ago, M2 said:

I get that, but look at this dude (or whatever it is)!  There's no way anyone--even someone without a military background--would look at him and think "sure, that jives with everything I know about people in the US military!"

Even if it's just the Hollywood version, there's clearly something very "different" here...

That's because you have military experience and you know better.  There isn't a single thing in that lady/guy's background that my extended family would question on the face of it.  

Juat ask Roberta what squadron she was in at UPT?  I bet she just mouth breathes as an answer...or "I can't remember"  who was your flt commander at UPT?  Where did you deploy?   Who is Robin Olds? Lol

Where does the aircraft commander sit in any us military helicopter?  

What is the range called in Utah next to Salt Lake,  what wing is at Hill?   

Where in the aircraft is the Viper's flight control stick located?   

Are you sure about that?   

Edited by Biff_T

10 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Juat ask Roberta what squadron she was in at UPT?  I bet she just mouth breathes as an answer...or "I can't remember"  who was your flt commander at UPT?  Where did you deploy?   Who is Robin Olds? Lol

Where does the aircraft commander sit in any us military helicopter?  

What is the range called in Utah next to Salt Lake,  what wing is at Hill?   

Where in the aircraft is the Viper's flight control stick located?   

Are you sure about that?   

I think it's blatantly obvious to anyone with any military/flying experience that she's full of shit.  Reporters don't know fuck about shit when it comes to ANY of those questions.  If the general public should learn anything about detecting bullshit, it should be any mention of the word classified.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bfargin said:

Crap, maybe I should remove the line in my resume about winning the Mackay trophy and my DFC medal from my ribbon rack display.

Not if you earned it brother!   Lol

Edit: Roberta shouldn't even be wearing a bmt ribbon lol. 

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought