Hunter Biden Thread

ClearedHot

On 7/15/2023 at 6:05 PM, ClearedHot said:

My comment was obviously in jest.  Unfortunately I've worked with many Washington Staffers both on the hill and in the big house.  I thought the ones one the hill were bad until I met a few supporting the NCS and CoS' office.  Obviously all those Ivy Leaguers need a little something to keep them going as they tell us how to act while they rule the world.

At least you don't have to fly them...I despise staffers.

7 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Dude rightly comments that it's nothing but weirdo fringe bullshit around here, and the response is to point out the lack of non-fringe bullshit as if a point is being made?

That's like the Grand Wizard at a Klan rally making the observation that there aren't a lot of black guys in attendance.  It kinda follows by definition.

My guess is that you don't hear much from the 'pro-vax' crowd because people who addressed the pandemic with logic and composure, and without wrapping their identity up in it, moved on with their lives, like, 2.5 years ago.  But maybe I'm just out of touch and it's because they've all been converted to team 'Anthony Fauci is literal Satan'.  Could be that too.

Baseops.net as a service died long ago.  Surely no later than 2014 and I'd probably date it more like 2010.  But since then it has been quite an interesting case study to watch a community of people that, if questioned on the whole, would rate themselves as anti pinko-commie-Russia as possible.  All while falling harder for Russian propagandists bullshit than anyone.  Willingly (or unknowingly) participating in the propaganda-101 game of dividing at the centerline and pushing each half toward the extremes, then pitting them against each other.  Becoming a stronger force in the quest for long term destruction of American society than the propagandists themselves by parroting (one half of) their bullshit with the legitimizing facade of red-blooded American veteran patriots.

1000x more damage done by participating than any benefit rendered by standing watch in uniform against the threat of enemy military action.

There are obviously other forces at play, and it's impossibly complex, but the extent to which the last decade has followed the Russian playbook is staggering.  They must be dumbfounded at their success in general, but especially in their ability to co-opt even staunch self-identifying enemies to their cause.

Dude.  It's the SQUADRON BAR.  Get off your high horse and have a beer.  Better yet, don't, and leave.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 7/15/2023 at 10:46 PM, daynightindicator said:

The is this trash thread happening. This website used to be valuable information with a sprinkling of gossip and early release info. Now it’s just weirdo anti-vax and anti-pop culture shit.

Stop being dumb.

Bullshit. I’ve was in the Squadron when Rich launched this forum back around 2001. I’ve been moderator and Admin here. It’s always been the same: good threads, some threads, sport bitching and arguing. It’s never been any different. Remember the Rainman days or  the CannonCrashPad/RickRynearson days? Same drama, different time. 

Therr have been literally dozens of people who have proclaimed the forum was dead. It’s still here, they’re gone.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

With the benefit of hindsight if you'd like to explain how the forced vaccination campaign was good for our country I'm all ears.  

I can't explain the veracity of something that hasn't ever existed.  Thanks for the hyperbole that demonstrates my case though...maybe manipulating people isn't as tough as it seems and I give the propagandists too much credit.  But there are thousands of institutions in this country set up to teach probability and statistics at a high school or greater equivalency level to adults.  They would take payment in exchange for slamming their head against a wall with you, making it a reasonable transaction.  Unfortunately, I don't operate one of them so I'm going to pass on your generous offer.

6 hours ago, FourFans said:

Dude.  It's the SQUADRON BAR.  Get off your high horse and have a beer.  Better yet, don't, and leave.

Right.  Because I'm referring to this one singular thread that's mostly in jest and nothing more than a lighthearted poke at the antics of the President's dipshit son and nothing else that might have been discussed all over the forum for the last decade.  Real sophisticated take you've got there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

19 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Dude rightly comments that it's nothing but weirdo fringe bullshit around here, and the response is to point out the lack of non-fringe bullshit as if a point is being made?

That's like the Grand Wizard at a Klan rally making the observation that there aren't a lot of black guys in attendance.  It kinda follows by definition.

My guess is that you don't hear much from the 'pro-vax' crowd because people who addressed the pandemic with logic and composure, and without wrapping their identity up in it, moved on with their lives, like, 2.5 years ago.  But maybe I'm just out of touch and it's because they've all been converted to team 'Anthony Fauci is literal Satan'.  Could be that too.

Baseops.net as a service died long ago.  Surely no later than 2014 and I'd probably date it more like 2010.  But since then it has been quite an interesting case study to watch a community of people that, if questioned on the whole, would rate themselves as anti pinko-commie-Russia as possible.  All while falling harder for Russian propagandists bullshit than anyone.  Willingly (or unknowingly) participating in the propaganda-101 game of dividing at the centerline and pushing each half toward the extremes, then pitting them against each other.  Becoming a stronger force in the quest for long term destruction of American society than the propagandists themselves by parroting (one half of) their bullshit with the legitimizing facade of red-blooded American veteran patriots.

1000x more damage done by participating than any benefit rendered by standing watch in uniform against the threat of enemy military action.

There are obviously other forces at play, and it's impossibly complex, but the extent to which the last decade has followed the Russian playbook is staggering.  They must be dumbfounded at their success in general, but especially in their ability to co-opt even staunch self-identifying enemies to their cause.

my guess you don't hear much from the 'pro-vax' crowd is because the vax doesn't work. and most people don't want to admit they were duped by big pharma.

and LOL @ the 'pro vax' crowd moving on with their lives in july 2021...hardly the case...the pro vax extremists on here were declaring a "new normal" and we are "never going back to the way things were".

as far as russia is concerned...you didn't happen to be in the crowd that ripped mitt romney in 2012? didn't think so

“Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe,” Romney, who would be the Republican presidential nominee in the 2012 race against President Barack Obama, told Wolf Blitzer in March of that year. “They — they fight every cause for the world’s worst actors.”

Obama and his team pounced on the comment, insisting that it showed Romney was hopelessly out of touch when it came to the threats facing the US."    https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/22/politics/mitt-romney-russia-ukraine/index.html

so whats worse falling for big pharma/dr fauci propaganda or russia propaganda? one has killed thousands of Americans, stomped on constitutional liberties, robbed Americans of their jobs....and the other? yeah.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I can't explain the veracity of something that hasn't ever existed.  Thanks for the hyperbole that demonstrates my case though...maybe manipulating people isn't as tough as it seems and I give the propagandists too much credit.  But there are thousands of institutions in this country set up to teach probability and statistics at a high school or greater equivalency level to adults.  They would take payment in exchange for slamming their head against a wall with you, making it a reasonable transaction.  

You think it's hyperbole to say a forced vaccination campaign existed, yet you and I (along with millions of others) were both ordered to take the vaccine without proof it worked, at threat to our employment, and which data now shows was ineffective at preventing transmission.  Then you say I should go to school, because presumably they can teach me statistics (although you don't elaborate on the relevance), and because school exists you won't engage in debate.  Although you are engaged in debate... 

I hope you aren't like this in real life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

You think it's hyperbole to say a forced vaccination campaign existed, yet you and I (along with millions of others) were both ordered to take the vaccine without proof it worked, at threat to our employment, and which data now shows was ineffective at preventing transmission.  Then you say I should go to school, because presumably they can teach me statistics (although you don't elaborate on the relevance), and because school exists you won't engage in debate.  Although you are engaged in debate... 

There's a wide gulf between "federal mandate for all citizens to get vaccinated" and "SECDEF ordered military members to get vaccinated" 

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, pawnman said:

There's a wide gulf between "federal mandate for all citizens to get vaccinated" and "SECDEF ordered military members to get vaccinated" 

It was a bit closer to the latter than most would like to admit.  It was NOT just military members, Biden's directives (White House Policy Announcement), attempted to force (or lose your job and livelihood), 2/3 of the U.S. Population to get vaccinated:

1.  All government civilian employees.

2.  All employees of any company that had a government contract. 

3.  All health care workers at facilities participating in Medicare and Medicaid.

4.  Via OSHA, ALL employees of companies that have more than 100 employees.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Getting back to Hunter Biden, how interesting that the night before the House Oversight Committee conducts interviews about the Hunter Biden Laptop and other issues, the FBI General Counsel sends a memo to FBI agent leading the investigation saying "don't answer questions".

Nothing to see here, just weirdo fringe bullshit, no lack of transparency...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Getting back to Hunter Biden, how interesting that the night before the House Oversight Committee conducts interviews about the Hunter Biden Laptop and other issues, the FBI General Counsel sends a memo to FBI agent leading the investigation saying "don't answer questions".

Nothing to see here, just weirdo fringe bullshit, no lack of transparency...

I kinda expect "don't answer any questions" to be the default setting for all general counsel, in every organization, everywhere. 

12 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Outside of the military where orders come with the territory (and if you're not willing to subject yourself to them, get out), I have absolutely never been ordered to take a vaccine of any kind in my entire life.  Neither have you or anyone else on this forum.

The relevance of statistics is this:  go to the COVID-19 thread and review all 150+ pages of posts.  If you'd like to focus the review, check out that last few where there's nobody left but the militant anti-vaxxers that wrapped their identities in this issue (because everybody else moved on with their life 2.5 years ago).  In the remaining echo chamber there's been a lot of 'dunking' going on by posting articles of anti-vax talking points with the insinuation that they've all been proven true.  Never mind the dubious 'studies' that lend credence to the point being made.  Never mind the dubious 'press' outfits latching on to them.  I'll grant, for the sake of this argument, that every single one of them is accurate.  The one thing you will never see is a rundown of comparative risk, because it blows any supposition they're trying to make out of the water.

COVID vaccine is killing people via myocarditis?  Cool, I'll grant it (for the discussion) despite all the problems with the statement.  But at what relative rate is COVID vaccine killing people via myocarditis when compared to the rate of reduction in COVID complications?  And yes, even in young, fit, healthy people (i.e. comparable to the military demographic).  Not one time in 150 pages will you see an example of this science 101 question being addressed.  Because it absolutely destroys the supposition of COVID vaccine harm of all types.  I don't care about your fictional nephew whose anecdote you use of going complete retard after the vaccine to bolster your point (there were a staggering number of these shared on Baseops, you might say a probabilistically impossible number of them).  At the national health level, individual cases don't matter.  It's greatest good for the greatest number, and there is no reasonable alternative approach.

For those of you who have a soil-your-pants level of fear over having the vaccine administered, I'll grant it legitimacy (again for the discussion).  But you cannot logically also not have an explosive-diarrhea-pants-soiling-in-public fear of the consequences of not being vaccinated.  Probability and statistics makes it undeniable.  That's the relevance.  But let's be honest, you're not interested in an honest approach.

And just for the record, you shouldn't have a pants-shitting fear of the vaccine or not getting vaccinated.  The relative risk of either is inconsequential when compared to other things you do on a daily basis.  *BUT* you can not logically fear of one and not the other.

14 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

and LOL @ the 'pro vax' crowd moving on with their lives in july 2021...hardly the case...the pro vax extremists on here were declaring a "new normal" and we are "never going back to the way things were".

You're referencing what 'extremists' do and think it invalidates my point?  Maybe you should re-read what I said.

Edited by Mark1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

The one thing you will never see is a rundown of comparative risk, because it blows any supposition they're trying to make out of the water.

Then why didn’t you post that instead?

Edited by gearhog

35 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

The relevance of statistics is this:  go to the COVID-19 thread and review all 150+ pages of posts.  If you'd like to focus the review, check out that last few where there's nobody left but the militant anti-vaxxers that wrapped their identities in this issue (because everybody else moved on with their life 2.5 years ago).  In the remaining echo chamber there's been a lot of 'dunking' going on by posting articles of anti-vax talking points with the insinuation that they've all been proven true.  Never mind the dubious 'studies' that lend credence to the point being made.  Never mind the dubious 'press' outfits latching on to them.  I'll grant, for the sake of this argument, that every single one of them is accurate.  The one thing you will never see is a rundown of comparative risk, because it blows any supposition they're trying to make out of the water.

Dude, the reason the few of you "moved on with" your lives instead of talking about that absolute fiasco after the fact, is because you were dead ing wrong after screaming at the top of your lungs of how righteous you were.  Instead of admitting that your side was full of arrogant charlatans and trying to figure out how to ensure such a up doesn't occur in the near future, you high-tailed as fast as possible to save face.

You deserve to be "dunked" on.  A lot.  It was a massive stain on modern society with long-lasting detrimental 1st and 2nd order effects.

Also, are these dubious press outfits (who latch onto reports that further excoriate the people who demanded others get the vaccine) somehow worse than the ones who went off 24/7 for nearly 2 years about how the world was basically ending and everyone needed to trust the science? 

GTFOH

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Outside of the military where orders come with the territory (and if you're not willing to subject yourself to them, get out), I have absolutely never been ordered to take a vaccine of any kind in my entire life.  Neither have you or anyone else on this forum.

False. California requires vaccines for kids to attend school (public or private). The only way to avoid a vaccine is home school. While not an issue or applicable to my family, I’d say there are a lot of dual-income required to live in CA families who have to send their kids to school, therefore, it’s effectively mandated for them. 

https://eziz.org/assets/docs/shotsforschool/PBEFAQs.pdf

Thats a direct link from the CA Department of Public Health website: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/School/laws-exemptions.aspx#

• Like 1

Get the vax or lose your livelihood - millions faced that order from their company in this country. No different than a mil member being told get it or be force-separated (aka lose your livelihood). Critical thinking is hard, isn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

False. California requires vaccines for kids to attend school (public or private). The only way to avoid a vaccine is home school. While not an issue or applicable to my family, I’d say there are a lot of dual-income required to live in CA families who have to send their kids to school, therefore, it’s effectively mandated for them. 
https://eziz.org/assets/docs/shotsforschool/PBEFAQs.pdf
Thats a direct link from the CA Department of Public Health website: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/School/laws-exemptions.aspx#

But were they teeeeeechnically forced? Was I technically forced, even though I’d lose my dream job if I didn’t? Or was my mom technically forced as a teacher??? She could have just quit a couple years away from retiring. No, none of us were and they weren’t either. So don’t worry about it, we weren’t technically forced to do anything. THAT, would be too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

What is the right's (and this forum's) obsession with Hunter Biden? Why is this forum's favorite girl MTG showing Hunter Biden nudes during the House Oversight Committee? Why are you far right nut jobs cheering that MTG showed these pictures to Congress? MTG showing these photos is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen, and further depicts the far right Idiocracy that is the modern Republican Party.

If you are happy about this or support this action, you are way too far gone down the far right nut job rabbit hole. There's no bringing you back, and nothing you say or do would ever convince me to think of you as a decent person.

If pictures like this were shown of Trump's children, the crazies on this forum would have an aneurysm and call for the head of the Democrat who showed the pictures. What an absolute embarrassment for Republicans.

Edited by 500Stable

13 minutes ago, 500Stable said:

What is the right's (and this forum's) obsession with Hunter Biden? Why is this forum's favorite girl MTG showing Hunter Biden nudes during the House Oversight Committee? Why are you far right nut jobs cheering that MTG showed these pictures to Congress? MTG showing these photos is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen, and further depicts the far right Idiocracy that is the modern Republican Party.

If you are happy about this or support this action, you are way too far gone down the far right nut job rabbit hole. There's no bringing you back, and nothing you say or do would ever convince me to think of you as a decent person.

If pictures like this were shown of Trump's children, the crazies on this forum would have an aneurysm and calling for the head of the Democrat who showed the pictures. What an absolute embarrassment for Republicans.

If "Ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

It didn't happen to Trump's children. It happened to Hunter Biden, the son of the President, a man of low moral character who was committing crimes while conducting untold millions worth of fraudulent business transactions with his father, the President, and using the Office of the President and Vice President to do it.

Edited by gearhog

23 minutes ago, 500Stable said:

If pictures like this were shown of Trump's children, the crazies on this forum would have an aneurysm and call for the head of the Democrat who showed the pictures. What an absolute embarrassment for Republicans.

Why are you looking at Hunter Biden nude pics??

7 minutes ago, gearhog said:

If "Ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

It didn't happen to Trump's children. It happened to Hunter Biden, the son of the President, a man of low moral character who was committing crimes while conducting untold millions worth of fraudulent business transactions with his father, the President, and using the Office of the President and Vice President to do it.

Ok, cool. If Hunter Biden committed crimes, then I want him to go to jail. If President Biden committed crimes, then I want him to go to jail. Why does that require showing Hunter Biden nudes to Congress in a public forum?