Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

19 hours ago, Day Man said:

Hooray ISIS?   I'm so confused.  

6 hours ago, gearhog said:

Reports are now that 4 gunman who did the shooting are in custody and 11 others were caught in Chacun, 370km from Moscow and 150km from Ukraine. Most if not all are said to be from Tajikistan. Russian media is reporting the terrorists admitted the attack was planned for March 9 at the Shaman concert, during the song "I Am Russian".  This was to disrupt the Russian elections. However, the warning from the US caused security to be tightened to an extent that caused the terrorists to postpone the attack until the next major concert at the venue, which was this one. The terrorists said they were fleeing to the place where they either knew or expected to be allowed to exit Russia.

Just saw a video of Russians cutting off the ear of one of them and then making him eat it.  Don't believe he was read his miranda rights before.  

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

Just saw a video of Russians cutting off the ear of one of them and then making him eat it.  Don't believe he was read his miranda rights before.  

Did he at least get a side of ranch to dip it in? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, uhhello said:

If anyone knows a better way to extract information from a terrorist…

27 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

if there's one issue that should unite the west and russia it's ISIS

I don’t recall the left claiming ISIS was trying to get Trump elected, so if it’s between Russia and ISIS, the left will not take the side of Russia.

2 hours ago, uhhello said:

Word is out that FSB took out the Key bridge.  

You wouldn't believe how many are claiming it was a deliberate act by the Chinese!! 🫢🫢🫢

48 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

I’m a simple Midwesterner and don’t know much about your fancy Northeast liberal cities, but how big of a deal is that bridge coming down?

Pretty damn significant

https://thedailyrecord.com/2024/03/26/bridge-collapse-likely-to-have-profound-impact-on-port-of-baltimore-operations/

The bridge was the only way for hazardous materials to get in and out of the city from what i've read also.  Not allowed in the tunnels.

https://www.fleetowner.com/safety/article/21285334/how-baltimores-francis-scott-key-bridge-collapse-affects-truck-traffic-and-fleet-operations

Edited by uhhello
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

I’m a simple Midwesterner and don’t know much about your fancy Northeast liberal cities, but how big of a deal is that bridge coming down?

Never heard Baltimore described as fancy before...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, uhhello said:

Not quite "pretty damn significant."  While the ninth largest US port, there are plenty of alternatives which can reduce the impact while the channel is cleared of debris.   There are also alternate HAZMAT routes but they either go through the city or a distance around it.  

It will have more impact locally, but nationally it shouldn't really be felt unless the market controllers wants to exploit the accident for gain (as it regularly does for gas prices following any incidents in the Middle East)...

"Baltimore Harbor is expected to be closed for at least a few days amid ongoing rescue and cleanup efforts, Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody's Analytics, told ABC News. The bridge collapse will not meaningfully impact the U.S. economy, nor will it push Baltimore into a recession, Zandi added, though he said the incident could still cause significant economic ramifications."

"The port closure could result in "some short-term impacts in the auto market," Zandi said, noting that the outcome will depend on the duration of the blockage and the availability of alternative transportation routes. Large trucks traveling through Baltimore rely on the Key Bridge, since they're prohibited from using the Harbor Tunnel, an alternative route. Due to the bridge collapse, such trucks will need to travel through the city of Baltimore or take a significant detour, causing notable delays. Taken together, the supply disruption from the port closure and bridge collapse could put slight upward pressure on U.S. prices."

https://abc7news.com/what-the-cargo-ship-bridge-crash-in-baltimore-means-for-economy/14573664/

• Like 1

Agreed.

This is one of those “well that sucks” things to happen, but then again so is a freak Hurricane or a good size industrial fire in a port handling facility or other.

Shit happens, but we’ve got deep enough alternatives and contingency mitigations to make this a small bump to the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sick stuff by Putin but unsurprising.  You'd think this would push Congress over the edge on providing the Ukraine funding package that's been held up by the MTGs, etc.  But, alas, maybe not.  

joint investigation by 60 Minutes, the Insider, and Der Spiegel strongly suggests that the Kremlin has waged a sustained kinetic campaign directly targeting US government personnel both in the United States and internationally for a decade, with the likely objective of physically incapacitating US government personnel."

Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, April 1, 2024 | Institute for the Study of War (understandingwar.org)

Edited by VigilanteNav
spelling
  • Haha 1

I'm going to "strongly suggest" Russian space-based acoustic lasers are what's really giving me Saturday morning headaches.

I'm not fully committed to definitively saying that's the cause. I'm merely suggesting it.

• Haha 3