Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

33 minutes ago, Lawman said:

actually do something.

Biden could reverse all of his idiotic immigration moves and that’d be a huge “something” to help the problem. The bill is to some extent a red herring, the guy in charge power-fucked our national security day one. But, plenty of people just ignore that while thinking congress is actually going to solve anything. Put leadership in that actually gives a fuck about America - that’s the only viable solution with legs. 

• Upvote 1

Biden could reverse all of his idiotic immigration moves and that’d be a huge “something” to help the problem. The bill is to some extent a red herring, the guy in charge power-ed our national security day one. But, plenty of people just ignore that while thinking congress is actually going to solve anything. Put leadership in that actually gives a about America - that’s the only viable solution with legs. 

You are still blaming somebody for the mess while preventing and even celebrating not taking actual action on it.

Biden is the president now. Passing or more importantly NOT passing this bill doesn’t change that. You or anybody else bitching about what dumbass things he did to get here doesn’t change that. But it actually gives funding to the poor SOBs down there on the border trying to do something about it. For all the dream that Trump is gonna solve the border, 400k people is still 400k people. For all the “we have to do something” that’s still a lot, you think he does better in an immediate lame duck presidency? Republicans wasted time and effort to impeach Myorkas and guess what, he is still parking at the same spot in the DHS lot. So what good was that waste of time and effort? It was pandering for cameras and they managed to trip themselves up on that.

So stop giving Biden free rein to do what he feels like and actually pass legislation that would impact his actions over the last 3 years. Congress gets sent to do work not stand around blaming each other while the President rules via executive order. In the last 2 decades we’ve gotten worse and worse at that.

And stop acting like the Border is the ONLY god damned thing we need done if we are gonna happily stand around and congratulate ourselves on not doing anything of actual effect except campaign. That’s why I’m still shouting about this in a thread about Ukraine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Downvote 3

lawman, you seem intelligent...but this border issue is a huge blindside for you. i'm not sure if it's just your party loyalty or if you honestly don't see it.

biden has all the laws and tools to fix the border now if he wanted to. why won't he? politics. and new, illegal democratic voters.

the border crisis is 100% on biden's hands. the evidence is there. factual evidence.

there should be no compromise with a administration that is deliberately not doing their constitutional duty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

lawman, you seem intelligent...but this border issue is a huge blindside for you. i'm not sure if it's just your party loyalty or if you honestly don't see it.
biden has all the laws and tools to fix the border now if he wanted to. why won't he? politics. and new, illegal democratic voters.
the border crisis is 100% on biden's hands. the evidence is there. factual evidence.
there should be no compromise with a administration that is deliberately not doing their constitutional duty.

I’m saying don’t leave it to Biden which is exactly what you’ve done.

And if “no compromise” is your only meaningful opinion on the matter than guess what you share in this fault. Every person coming across the border now does so with less agents funded. The ones caught have less places to be detained.

You could literally have let 5k people across the border every day with a ride to a city of their choice and it would have still been less illegals than he had cross the border his first year in office. And that’s not even what the law actually did but you know that you’re just obtuse or delusional, not really sure anymore.

Congrats, you really showed Biden.

Some news to push this thread back towards its original topic...      
Russian activist and Putin critic Alexei Navalny dies in prison | Alexei Navalny | The Guardian
My assumption is it won't move the needle in any direction.  Sadly.  

“Reached for Comment President Putin said: Maybe it was something he ate.”

That dude was on borrowed time. They already tried to kill him with nerve agents and the only reason he lived was evacuation for treatment out of Russia. Stones for going BACK to Russia to try and do something to push back at Putin. Not a lot of good it did for him unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

On 2/16/2024 at 7:40 AM, VigilanteNav said:

Some news to push this thread back towards its original topic...      

Russian activist and Putin critic Alexei Navalny dies in prison | Alexei Navalny | The Guardian

My assumption is it won't move the needle in any direction.  Sadly.  

Just getting caught up on all this Alexei Navalny stuff. Horrible. I'm infuriated that a country like Russia would allow the persecution, imprisonment, and death while in captivity, of political dissidents. God forbid we ever go down that path.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 8:42 AM, brabus said:

We’ve already checked the persecution and imprisonment containers, just have death in prison left to go. 

Yeah that’s horseshit. 

did ya get some gold shoes?

• Upvote 1

Eh, it was a bit tongue in cheek, but there is plenty of political persecution going on in our country. Not saying it’s of comparison to many terrible examples throughout world history, but it is pretty damn bad relative to our own post-revolutionary war history.

Edited by brabus

Post Revolution we more or less exiled any Loyalists, the 1798 Alien and Sedition Acts criminalized being critical of the government, Lincoln threw critics of the Federal government into military jails without trial and/or banished them to the Confederacy and Canada, Woodrow Wilson jailed political opponents, McCarthy era, etc., etc. We are not at any new peak in terms of political persecution.

• Upvote 4

Anyone who thinks the USA is overly racist or that our government is a big offender for persecuting people due to political views or political speech…I highly encourage you to visit ::waives hands around wildly:: almost any other country.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

On 2/19/2024 at 6:49 PM, ecugringo said:

Russian pilot that defected murdered in spain

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-pilot-defected-ukraine-mi-225126196.html

If you defect from Mother Russia, go to Argentina, there are still Nazi's down there. 

Edited by Biff_T

@Stoker great points and good historical refresher. Perhaps we’re just in a cycle that currently is somewhat like the red scare…emotionally biased to hate others that we suspect to not be carbon copies of ourselves. 

@nsplayr Yes, but the old “well it could be worse” argument is not a very good one. Never has been…despite the fact I say it to my kids!

Edited by brabus

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Anyone who thinks the USA is overly racist or that our government is a big offender for persecuting people due to political views or political speech…I highly encourage you to visit ::waives hands around wildly:: almost any other country.

I was vacationing in Australia last week and the taxi driver from the airport asked if the “the black monkey Americans were causing all the crimes in the U.S.?”

2 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

I was vacationing in Australia last week and the taxi driver from the airport asked if the “the black monkey Americans were causing all the crimes in the U.S.?”

Here’s the clip from that interaction.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, nsplayr said:

What we were and what we have become is worse by almost every objective measure I can think of.

• Crime
  • Social cohesion
  • Life-span
  • Cost of living
  • Marriage rates
  • Physical and mental health

and so on and so on...we're not improving, we're getting worse. So the answer to the question "is the glass half full or half empty" depends on whether or not it's leaking or being filled up. We're half-empty. And yeah, to address your point, yes, our government is more racist now than at anytime in my entire life -  more than 40 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1