Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

1 minute ago, Bode said:

Threw this in to the google and no returns. Details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaw Viper last summer...AIB link is in that thread, but:

"Evidence also indicates the MP was not fully engaged on the challenges of flying a night instrument approach due to his unsuccessful attempt to conduct his first ever AAR at night, which is not allowed by Air Force regulations."

3 hours ago, Day Man said:

Shaw Viper last summer...AIB link is in that thread, but:

"Evidence also indicates the MP was not fully engaged on the challenges of flying a night instrument approach due to his unsuccessful attempt to conduct his first ever AAR at night, which is not allowed by Air Force regulations."

The way it's worded makes this fact somewhat ambiguous: this was his first ever attempt at AAR. And it was at night. One of just many ways his entire chain of command let him down that night.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, pawnman said:

Oof. So they relieved a commander because some crew chief left their iPad in the inlet and the aircrew didn't spot it on the walk around? 

It's not always aircrew doing engine runs. 

On 4/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, pawnman said:

Oof. So they relieved a commander because some crew chief left their iPad in the inlet and the aircrew didn't spot it on the walk around? 

A friend of mine, stationed at another Global Strike base, stated his unit sent multiple people to Dyess to support the multiple maintenance-related safety investigations occurring there now. It would seem that the firing resulted from more than a single mishap. 

Edited by Muscle2002

57 minutes ago, Muscle2002 said:

A friend of mine, stationed at another Global Strike base, stated his unit sent multiple people to Dyess to support the multiple maintenance-related safety investigations occurring there now. It would seem that the firing resulted from more than a single mishap. 

Makes more sense.

It's not always aircrew doing engine runs. 

It should never be aircrew doing engine runs. That’s an MX function, pilots should stay away.

I took it more to mean aircrew are not the only people who run the engines, but yeah let mx do mx runs.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

I took it more to mean aircrew are not the only people who run the engines, but yeah let mx do mx runs.

I was on a MRT in Mildenhall getting a E-3 repaired, our AC  LtCol sat the right seat for me so I could troubleshoot. He was shocked and got educated on what we do and try to do plus deduce what a pilot see's when the write up was noticed. We were doing stuff he wouldn't think of trying. MX vs Op's run engines  with totally different checklists. During my 89th days 86 to 91 the Crew Chiefs certified by a IP had to taxi the jets VC-137's and VC-135B's down to the hammer head due to no high power run spots on the ramp at Andrews. Plus taxi them during Preflight to the VIP spot in front of Base Ops. Back in the SAC days Tanker crews who were the last to land for the day usually got tasked  to do power engine runs when water injection was required, when SAC went away AMC came down and told MX they could do all 4 to water, before MX was only allowed 2 to water. I bet the young guys are going huh water?

• Like 2

I bet the young guys are going huh water?

Well, since the sim instructors at Altus all flew the A model, the young guys hear about it.

All.

The.

Time.

How many Altus KC-135 sim Instructors does it take to change a lightbulb?

Five

One to change it and four to tell you “how we did it in back in the A model.”
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well, since the sim instructors at Altus all flew the A model, the young guys hear about it.

All.

The.

Time.

How many Altus KC-135 sim Instructors does it take to change a lightbulb?

Five

One to change it and four to tell you “how we did it in back in the A model.”

Do the -46 guys tell R model stories?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SocialD said:

Time to send them back to the Guard so our MX guys can unfuck them again, then the AD can take them back.

I remember when we launched for our first flights into Afghanistan in Oct 2001 the Guard B-1s handled the load and active duty birds were spare parts. You know it's all about sortie count and flying hour program, I wonder if that had something to do about her firing. 

26 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

I remember when we launched for our first flights into Afghanistan in Oct 2001 the Guard B-1s handled the load and active duty birds were spare parts. You know it's all about sortie count and flying hour program, I wonder if that had something to do about her firing. 

She was fired from Dyess. The problem was found on an Ellsworth jet. So I doubt that was it. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, isuguy1234 said:

Surprised nobody has hit this one up yet on here...although if you comment, who knows what will happen?!?!  (big brother is always watching/listening ha)

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/553779-space-force-commander-removed-after-comments-on-podcast

It's posted in the Woke thread, but it is just as appropriate here... and the ACIP thread.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, SocialD said:

Time to send them back to the Guard so our MX guys can unfuck them again, then the AD can take them back.

That would be about right for Air Force logic.  There are only a handful of us left that still remember/flew/maintained B-1s.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Sounds like you’re still in an AD Bone squadron.

As Disco used to say, that’s sad but funny, like a clown on fire.

• Like 3