The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

My party and the country at large already did this once TYVM It’s on Republicans to do what you’ve described above right now, in the primary. It ain’t going great so far, NGL!
If Trump is the 2024 GOP nominee I’ll do everything I can to help him repeat the L he took in 2020, ideally even bigger.
My BL legal theory here is very simple: if you do crimes and there is a clear case a prosecutor thinks they can win based on the evidence, they should bring the case and you should be charged. If a judge/jury finds you guilty, you should be punished. Full stop. No one is above the law. The only exception is the few offices where the constitution prescribes impeachment instead.
If our system has failed at sometime in the past to achieve that ideal, which it absolutely has, we should work hard to fix it going forward. Especially hard to not repeat the exact same mistakes time and time again. Elites bypassing the justice system “normal” people would face is one such repeated mistake I am fully on board with aggressively correcting back to ideal on. We can do this right now! And I think the Trump federal indictment is a good example of holding elites accountable for pretty obvious crimes…hard to get more elite than him and he’s on tape saying he did what the charges alledge.
I teach this as a moral code to my kids and I think it’s pretty much 100% in line with the values our country was founded upon. Golden rule, don’t dream small, do your best, if you make mistakes do better next time, and don’t make the same mistakes over and over and over again.
Other slipperier legal theories re: Hillary, Trump, etc. just don’t hold a lot of weight to me, at least as they’ve been explained here.

Well since it will start and stop with Trump, your proclamation this is any sort of solution to political protection is pretty hollow. The FBI was caught investigating Hunter’s 4733 violation 5 years ago. The IRS has been found doing the same. Weird how it takes so math years to figure out saying no on a yes no question about drugs was or wasn’t a lie

The fact you and others repeatedly find a way to deny Hillary or Hunter or any number of other illegal acts don’t meet the criteria for prosecution is pretty well proof of that.

I didn’t vote for Trump either of the times he ran, but the way you and others are enthusiastic in applauding this blatant attempt to deny him even the process of participating is pretty bold. And again, when Trumps populist movement holds to the opinion about elitist protection schemes and how the Democratic Party protects it’s self from legal prosecution it’s pretty bold of you and others to go applauding it and telling all the rest of us the charges against him are somehow unique and we are the ones that don’t understand. To the laymen you look like you’re cheerleading for the exact partisan protection and political bias you claim to be stamping out.

I’ll remind you, the same week this indictment was announced, the FBI director was almost held in contempt of Congress for refusing to even answer questions about the investigation into the presidents son…. Yeah that’s some transparency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If a prosecutor believes they have a case against Hunter Biden, they should go for it! Seriously! I have never understood the idea that those of us in the left love Hunter Biden and are somehow seeking to protect him 🤷‍♂️ IDGAF about that guy, he seems like a dirtbag, and I would never ever vote for him to hold public office.

As far as Trump “not being allowed to participate” lolol ok. He ran for President twice already and WAS President for 4 years despite many, many scandals & criminal/legal allegations that would have sunk any “normal” person 10x over.

Don’t do crimes if you want to be President, that doesn’t seem like too much to ask. The fact that he is in such a high-profile position and Jack Smith and the FL grand jury decided to charge him anyways is telling.

I guarantee if he had cooperated and given back the documents (like Pence and Biden), he would have gotten that much-derided elite pass too, and people on the left would be all mad about how he slipped his way past accountability once again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

🤷‍♂️ IDGAF about that guy, he seems like a dirtbag, and I would never ever vote for him to hold public office.

you're a very ignorant person

hunter is attached at the hip to "the big guy"

a drug addict paying 50,000 a month in rent tells me everything i need to know.

the biden crime syndicate are dirtbags and you voted for it. that makes you ignorant.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

If a prosecutor believes they have a case against Hunter Biden, they should go for it! Seriously! I have never understood the idea that those of us in the left love Hunter Biden and are somehow seeking to protect him 🤷‍♂️ IDGAF about that guy, he seems like a dirtbag, and I would never ever vote for him to hold public office.

As far as Trump “not being allowed to participate” lolol ok. He ran for President twice already and WAS President for 4 years despite many, many scandals & criminal/legal allegations that would have sunk any “normal” person 10x over.

Don’t do crimes if you want to be President, that doesn’t seem like too much to ask. The fact that he is in such a high-profile position and Jack Smith and the FL grand jury decided to charge him anyways is telling.

I guarantee if he had cooperated and given back the documents (like Pence and Biden), he would have gotten that much-derided elite pass too, and people on the left would be all mad about how he slipped his way past accountability once again.

10% for the big guy.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

I guarantee if he had cooperated and given back the documents (like Pence and Biden), he would have gotten that much-derided elite pass too,

Yep, I totally believe this too.....good lord

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, pawnman said:

10% for the big guy.

This is what they hand waiver repeatedly...nothing to see here in their Liberal retain power lust.  Most of the reasonable folks on this forum have repeatedly said Trump is a douche and we want him to go away.  The other side can't manifest the intellectual honesty to look at everything that has happened and acknowledge there is at least something worth investigating.  Biden is a mentally defunct criminal, but they will happily vote for him again...IMHO just as bad as the base that still supports Trump.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I guarantee if he had cooperated and given back the documents (like Pence and Biden)....

He says he did.  You're just taking FBI leaks as fact, and thereby assuming you know the facts.  

I don't know the facts here, but past several years of context indicates a totally corrupt FBI run by partisans who use "rule of law" as crocodile tears when they NEVER hold their own accountable.  

• Thanks 1

Jesus Christ, so much "but her emails" copium in this thread right now. Not a lot of solutions. Here's a wild idea, although it makes too much sense for republicans to actually try it: 

Let trump go down in flames. Just let him go.  

If you think this is a big unfair liberal witch hunt or at the very least a terrible double standard, thats the fastest way to fix it. Take this opportunity to divorce yourself from the un-electable clown and get a frontrunner who can actually win.  Then when you win in 2024, you can indict Hillary and Hunter and Biden and Kamala and Dylan Mulvaney and Whoopie Goldberg and whoever else you want. 

This is a massive F-big opportunity for republicans, but they're so blinded by "ITS NOT FAIR" they won't even be able to capitalize. The fastest way to right past wrongs is to get power back and the fastest way to get power back is to dump the criminal lunatic who alienated more people than have ever voted in history into choosing the senile houseplant. 

We've been over this in this thread before. Why is the mainstream media running near-constant hit pieces on Desantis even though he trails trump in every poll?  Why is trump exclusively targeting Desantis?

Say it with me all together now:

Because. He's. The. Candidate. They're. Actually. Worried. About. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jesus Christ, so much "but her emails" copium in this thread right now. Not a lot of solutions. Here's a wild idea, although it makes too much sense for republicans to actually try it: 
Let trump go down in flames. Just let him go.  
If you think this is a big unfair liberal witch hunt or at the very least a terrible double standard, thats the fastest way to fix it. Take this opportunity to divorce yourself from the un-electable clown and get a frontrunner who can actually win.  Then when you win in 2024, you can indict Hillary and Hunter and Biden and Kamala and Dylan Mulvaney and Whoopie Goldberg and whoever else you want. 

This is a massive F-big opportunity for republicans, but they're so blinded by "ITS NOT FAIR" they won't even be able to capitalize. The fastest way to right past wrongs is to get power back and the fastest way to get power back is to dump the criminal lunatic who alienated more people than have ever voted in history into choosing the senile houseplant. 

We've been over this in this thread before. Why is the mainstream media running near-constant hit pieces on Desantis even though he trails trump in every poll?  Why is trump exclusively targeting Desantis?
Say it with me all together now:
Because. He's. The. Candidate. They're. Actually. Worried. About. 

“All you’ve gotta do to hold people accountable is take power.”

Gee is that it. Well shit let’s just get right on it. Thanks you for admitting what most in the Democratic Party won’t, that they simply will not and cannot allow accountability of any of their sacred cows and will only promise compliance when they aren’t in power.

Hey guys you hear that, it’s not that there isn’t a blatant protection scheme being run by the party in power to bury its skeletons in a bolt locked closet, it’s just following the rules for accountability. You can only be accountable when the opposite power is in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sim said:

LOL. A leftist telling me not to vote Trump. (who is winning ALL of the polls.) Sure thing, boo. 🤣

This wild "leftist" is actually pushing the candidate consistently more conservative than trump on actual issues. Except we all know the issues don't matter to trumpists. 

But tell yourself whatever you need to, buddy. Keep practicing the coping strategies. They'll come in handy Nov 7th 2024 when trumps pathetic cult of personality loses the right another election. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Lawman said:

“All you’ve gotta do to hold people accountable is take power.”

Gee is that it. Well shit let’s just get right on it. Thanks you for admitting what most in the Democratic Party won’t, that they simply will not and cannot allow accountability of any of their sacred cows and will only promise compliance when they aren’t in power.

Hey guys you hear that, it’s not that there isn’t a blatant protection scheme being run by the party in power to bury its skeletons in a bolt locked closet, it’s just following the rules for accountability. You can only be accountable when the opposite power is in charge.

Yeah man.. welcome to the real world. The right isn't exactly jumping through their ass to prosecute their own people either. Last I checked the DOJ is under the executive branch.  Do you live in some moral high ground fantasy land where it's realistic to expect Biden to prosecute himself? Or his son? Or his friends?

You're talking about how politics should be. I'm talking about how politics is. If you want to even the scales, stop complaining and start winning. 

Yeah man.. welcome to the real world. The right isn't exactly jumping through their ass to prosecute their own people either. Last I checked the DOJ is under the executive branch.  Do you live in some moral high ground fantasy land where it's realistic to expect Biden to prosecute himself? Or his son? Or his friends?

You're talking about how politics should be. I'm talking about how politics is. If you want to even the scales, stop complaining and start winning. 

But NSPlayer said we can just charge the political class with crimes whenever it’s appropriate. After all you guys are only holding Trump to a standard right? Granted it’s not a standers you’ll hold your own side too, but that doesn’t matter right? What matters is you win the next election, and that’s all this is really about.

• Like 1

I actually disagree with @Pooter above, although he's clearly correct in terms of realpolitik / human nature / group dynamics. I alluded to this in a post where I asked why Trump's DOJ didn't prosecute Hillary. Why did Trump and Sessions and Barr et al not do this? They absolutely could have. For all his talk of "locking her up" Trump did absolutely zero to make that happen.

Speaking for myself, I do actually no-shit support prosecuting all criminals, regardless of political affiliation. If Kamala Harris shoots someone in the middle of 5th Avenue, I do want the House to impeach her and the Senate to convict her and I want all the Democrats in both chambers to support those actions. If Bill Clinton is caught on tape snorting coke off a hooker's ass in a NYC penthouse, I do expect Alvin Bragg to prosecute him. If CQ Brown sold classified info to the Agrentians for millions of dollars, I do expect Biden to fire him and for Garland's DOJ to prosecute him.*

*If there is a winnable case to be made and evidence to support conviction*

Y'all can bring up a bunch of stuff on Hunter and Joe and whatever and I'm not subscribed to the Biden Crime Cinematic Universe (BCCU) nearly as much as some of you guys, but there are plenty of conservative prosecutors, DAs, state AGs, etc. who could bring charges if they wanted and had jurisdiction. But they (so far) haven't. I'll give a pass to Ken Paxton down in TX, he has been a little busy with legal issues of his own 😁

Like I said above, Trump and his team also failed to do so when they pretty recently controlled DOJ and it's nationwide jurisdiction so IDK, you tell me why they failed to do what is so blindingly obvious to you. Trump talked quite a bit about Biden and Ukraine and corruption during the 2020 campaign, hell he was even impeached for trying to extort Zelensky over this exact issue, so why did he not have Barr bring charges against Hunter or Joe at that point? After the first impeachment, when Trump felt so very unfairly targeted and aggrieved, why did he not have Barr charge Hunter or fire him and find an AG who would?

BL: call me naive, whatever, I don't care. The ideal is not how it works now nor ever and I get that, but that's how it should work and therefore that's what I'm going to call for and expect and support. Equal justice under the law, no one is above the law.

Edited by nsplayr

8 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Y'all can bring up a bunch of stuff on Hunter and Joe and whatever and I'm not subscribed to the Biden Crime Cinematic Universe (BCCU) nearly as much as some of you guys, but there are plenty of conservative prosecutors, DAs, state AGs, etc. who could bring charges if they wanted and had jurisdiction. But they (so far) haven't. I'll give a pass to Ken Paxton down in TX, he has been a little busy with legal issues of his own 😁

Like I said above, Trump and his team also failed to do so when they pretty recently controlled DOJ and it's nationwide jurisdiction so IDK, you tell me why they failed to do what is so blindingly obvious to you. Trump talked quite a bit about Biden and Ukraine and corruption during the 2020 campaign, hell he was even impeached for trying to extort Zelensky over this exact issue, so why did he not have Barr bring charges against Hunter or Joe at that point? After the first impeachment, when Trump felt so very unfairly targeted and aggrieved, why did he not have Barr charge Hunter or fire him and find an AG who would?

BL: call me naive, whatever, I don't care. The ideal is not how it works now nor ever and I get that, but that's how it should work and therefore that's what I'm going to call for and expect and support. Equal justice under the law, no one is above the law.

One basic flaw in your assertion...a very flawed FBI that fought against the President at every turn.  Leading up to and under the Trump administration, the FBI actively worked against Trump with falsified FISA warrants, a dossier they knew to be fake (which they allowed to be used to help impeach a sitting President), they helped to suppress the laptop story during the election (when they had a copy of said laptop).  And, recently it comes to light that for years the FBI has had a memo that outlines a bribe scheme with the Bidens...and when several whistle blowers exposed the existence of that memo, the FBI actively fights to keep the memo secret.  Come on Man...

Now there are assertions of tapes of Joe and Hunter openly discussion the scheme with execs at Burisma.  If there is even a possibility this is true, IMHO it is most certainly worth investigation...seriously don't you think we should at least try to find out if the sitting Vice President of the United States traded political favors for cash payments...especially if that Hombre is now in the White House, you know in the spirit of equal treatment under the law and all that stuff...

Then why did President Trump do nothing? He spoke very frequently about Biden being corrupt and the laptop and Ukraine and etc., remember he was impeached for extorting Ukraine over alleged Biden corruption.

He appointed Chris Wray to lead the FBI, after firing the previous guy. He appointed Bill Barr to lead DOJ, after firing the previous guy. He himself lead the entire executive branch as President.

I’ll ask again: why was this supposed clear & obvious, open-and-shut case of Biden corruption while VP not taken care of during Trump’s four years in office?

Edited by nsplayr

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Then why did President Trump do nothing? He spoke very frequently about Biden being corrupt and the laptop and Ukraine and etc., remember he was impeached for extorting Ukraine over alleged Biden corruption.

He appointed Chris Wray to lead the FBI, after firing the previous guy. He appointed Bill Barr to lead DOJ, after firing the previous guy. He himself lead the entire executive branch as President.

I’ll ask again: why was this supposed clear & obvious, open-and-shut case of Biden corruption while VP not taken care of during Trump’s four years in office?

Have you not read any of the reports and investigations.  POTUS can't (and shouldn't), force those efforts...especially when lower levels in the system conceal the evidence.  At numerous levels the FBI was ACTIVELY working against Trump and they covered up evidence.  I get it, they didn't like him, I don't either but they let that bleed over and crush their ethics.  Again...the FBI FALSIFIED FISA warrants...they KNEW the dossier was fake and didn't tell anyone...they had a copy of the laptop and helped promote a narrative that the story was false...and they had the memo on Biden but none of that made it to Wray and Barr.  The first three items are all facts...are you cool that they suppressed these items?

Dude at the end of the day I want Trump to go away and if the latest deal takes him out of play...cool beans, but there is some serious rot in the FBI and it helped sway an impeachment, an election and it is potentially covering for a corrupt POTUS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Pooter said:

Think nsplayer covered it.... But man, if it's the common and public position that the DOJ should enforce the law based on who is in power, then we are in a sad state as a country.

Isn't this relative moral high ground you describe one of the reasons our country decided to go it's own way a couple hundred years ago?