The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

8 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Was a grand jury that heard evidence and indicted political?

Considering the old saying of “you can indict a ham sandwich” refers to that it’s pretty easy for prosecutors to get an indictment from a grand jury in the vast majority of cases.  And yes, I think they’re very political.

So now to you since you responded:  Regarding the Trump indictments do you believe all, some, or none are legitimate and not political?

Edited by HeloDude
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Considering the old saying of “you can indict a ham sandwich” refers to that it’s pretty easy for prosecutors to get an indictment from a grand jury in the vast majority of cases.  And yes, I think they’re very political.

So now to you since you responded:  Regarding the Trump indictments do you believe all, some, or none are legitimate and not political?

Some. The DOJ’s prosecution is legitimate. I truly don’t think you understand a federal prosecution, which makes sense since you’re not a criminal defense attorney or have had limited exposure to a criminal prosecution. I think the NY prosecution is political. 

Edited by Sua Sponte

7 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Some. The DOJ’s prosecution is legitimate. I truly don’t think you understand a federal prosecution, which makes sense since you’re not a criminal defense attorney or have had limited exposure to a criminal prosecution. I think the NY prosecution is political. 

Well, if you have opinions on which prosecutions are political, then I suppose I can do the same.  And no, I am not a criminal defense attorney, and I have a funny suspicion that I’m in good company, though I could always be wrong.

1 minute ago, HeloDude said:

Well, if you have opinions on which prosecutions are political, then I suppose I can do the same.  And no, I am not a criminal defense attorney, and I have a funny suspicion that I’m in good company, though I could always be wrong.

One of us is routinely an example of Dunning-Kruger Effect and one of us isn’t a pilot. 

4 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

you think they're gonna let biden debate?

Good point.  Probably not.  Biden's speaking ability and mental capacity are beyond pathetic at this point.  Likewise, Trump has self-declared that he won't do debates, because he's a pu$$y and a coward.  So maybe we've already seen our last debate of this election year?

4 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Do you believe all, some, are none of these “court appearances” are legitimate and not political?

I don't know.  Some?  I don't even try to keep up with all the indictments, court appearances, and mug shots.  It's too much of a circus, just like his presidency.  If charges brought against him are illegitimate political attacks, that is, of course, terrible.  But consider this.  Lets' say for the sake of argument that all the charges are illegitimate political attacks.  How should we expect someone (especially someone who aims to be the most powerful man on earth and leader of the free world) to work through adjudicating these charges?  Is it ok, for example, to simply call for absolute immunity from crime?  Does that make any sense?  Does that sound like someone with a good grip on the guiding principles of our country?

Trumpimmunity.png.59d2affc2a522aec5c67c629118139b9.png

***Side note, I'm sure when he says "a President must have full immunity.....," he's totally ok with full immunity for Biden or, had Hillary been elected, for her.  There's no way he was just thinking entirely of himself, right?  Afterall, how dull would the Trump rallies be without all the "Lock him/her up!" chants?  Zero chance that Trump's brain gravitates towards "Rules for thee, not for me" thinking without contemplating the double-standard, right?

Another example -- Pretend that we were actually presented with specific examples and concrete evidence of election "fraud and deception" that he claims was rampant.  Great.  Would it be ok to "terminate all the rules, regulations, and articles in the Constitution" to reverse the election?  How many of us (who swore an oath to support & defend the constitution) are willing to vote for a guy that openly calls for 'terminating' the constitution for his own benefit?? 

TrumpConstitution.jpg.178a71fa0eae7e6fac1ef3913ce00ddc.jpg

So that's my point.  Even if the allegations, charges, indictments, fraud, etc. brought against him are in fact all BS, his responses to them are outrageous and disqualifying.  His responses showcase his character.  He has the mind of a child.  He's selfish and self-centered to the extreme.  He doesn't understand the fundamental concepts and principles of our country, and is driven only by ego. 

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Good point.  Probably not.  Biden's speaking ability and mental capacity are beyond pathetic at this point.  Likewise, Trump has self-declared that he won't do debates, because he's a pu$$y and a coward.  So maybe we've already seen our last debate of this election year?

I don't know.  Some?  I don't even try to keep up with all the indictments, court appearances, and mug shots.  It's too much of a circus, just like his presidency.  If charges brought against him are illegitimate political attacks, that is, of course, terrible.  But consider this.  Lets' say for the sake of argument that all the charges are illegitimate political attacks.  How should we expect someone (especially someone who aims to be the most powerful man on earth and leader of the free world) to work through adjudicating these charges?  Is it ok, for example, to simply call for absolute immunity from crime?  Does that make any sense?  Does that sound like someone with a good grip on the guiding principles of our country?

Trumpimmunity.png.59d2affc2a522aec5c67c629118139b9.png

***Side note, I'm sure when he says "a President must have full immunity.....," he's totally ok with full immunity for Biden or, had Hillary been elected, for her.  There's no way he was just thinking entirely of himself, right?  Afterall, how dull would the Trump rallies be without all the "Lock him/her up!" chants?  Zero chance that Trump's brain gravitates towards "Rules for thee, not for me" thinking without contemplating the double-standard, right?

Another example -- Pretend that we were actually presented with specific examples and concrete evidence of election "fraud and deception" that he claims was rampant.  Great.  Would it be ok to "terminate all the rules, regulations, and articles in the Constitution" to reverse the election?  How many of us (who swore an oath to support & defend the constitution) are willing to vote for a guy that openly calls for 'terminating' the constitution for his own benefit?? 

TrumpConstitution.jpg.178a71fa0eae7e6fac1ef3913ce00ddc.jpg

So that's my point.  Even if the allegations, charges, indictments, fraud, etc. brought against him are in fact all BS, his responses to them are outrageous and disqualifying.  His responses showcase his character.  He has the mind of a child.  He's selfish and self-centered to the extreme.  He doesn't understand the fundamental concepts and principles of our country, and is driven only by ego. 

Appreciate the response.  I truly don’t care whether you like Trump or not.  I personally think he’s a complete jerk, but I do think his policies are overall a vast improvement over the current administration.  What is strange though is that you admit you believe at least some of his indictments to be political/not legitimate, and yet you use that as a reason to further dislike him/not want his as a president?  Why not just stick with your own personal reasons vs reasons you admit aren’t legitimate?

As for him being a jerk, not someone I would want to be friends with…that has literally zero effect on my life.  I’m not trying to be friends with the guy.  But his tax policies, not wanting to forgive student loans, his picks for judges, etc do affect me in a positive way compared to Biden.  I was hoping for DeSantis but it became obvious last year that wasn’t going to happen.  As for Haley, I’d rather have Trump than a Bush/Romney style Republican.

Will Trump win in Nov?  I stand by my recent 50/50 chance I’ve recently states.  And if Biden wins (I’m actually starting to think it might be M Obama as the Dem nominee), then oh well.  Me and my family will personally still do very well, but I’m sure the middle class will continue to take a large hit.  And as for the lower class, the more illegals we allow in, the lower wages will stay.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Trump is a douchebag liberal and sadly he and Biden are what we deserve as a country fascinated by pop culture and lifting up our most depraved, ignorant, and mentally disturbed as heros and people to emulate.

DeSantis is who we need. Rational, sane, and from all reports moral. He was able to cross the aisle in FL and get things accomplished that fosters human flourishing by strengthening the family and protecting the most vulnerable among us. He's only a man and couldn't have done miracles, but I think he could have been the grownup we've been missing at the national level lately.

Our society has been damaged by the ever increasing move to the left over the past 40 years (or more). We no longer strive for excellence, law and order, morality, and goodness. Even the classical liberal ideas (that I still reject for the most part in favor of conservative principles) have washed away and been replaced by the more radical leftist ideology that permeates the social/political landscape. We even too often embrace radical libertarianism which doesn't work in community. In a vacuum, "live and let live" might sound good, but in a society it falls apart quickly. Our actions impact all of those around us, and nobody is ever truly that island some declare each of us to be. The "Law" informs and even shapes societal norms and cultural behavior/expectations. Once we completely abandon law and order, which in some jurisdictions we seem to be doing, we're in real trouble.

Edited by bfargin
typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HeloDude said:

What is strange though is that you admit you believe at least some of his indictments to be political/not legitimate, and yet you use that as a reason to further dislike him/not want his as a president?  Why not just stick with your own personal reasons vs reasons you admit aren’t legitimate?

<<facepalm>>

You completely missed my point.  Maybe re-read it?  Especially the last paragraph. 

I did not admit that I believe his indictments to be political.  I literally said "I don't know.  Some?" (...the question mark used to underscore my uncertainty.)

Once again, it is not the indictments (be they legitimate or illegitimate) that I'm using as a reason to dislike him, but his insane responses to the indictments, ....among many other things.  

As for him being a jerk, not someone I would want to be friends with…that has literally zero effect on my life.  I’m not trying to be friends with the guy.  

I'm afraid his character flaws go far beyond being a "jerk."  Trump is a buffoon.  Willfully ignorant, petty, petulant, spiteful and jealous.  Selfish and self-serving.  Those are terrible, maybe even dangerous, traits for a President to have.  Especially a President in a second term (and at old age) with nothing to lose.   

....I know many are already writing me off as having "TDS."  Sure.  Whatever quasi-clever label helps you dismiss and ignore his core personality traits because you like aspects of his platform, or, more likely, hate the platform of the left.

Trump voters will do some really astounding mental gymnastics to downplay his character flaws, just like you did.  He's simply a "jerk."  Or, more commonly, the tired and idiotic: "at least we don't have mean tweets" zinger.  

I point out (to a military officer, no less) that the guy openly calls for the termination of the Constitution to benefit himself and his baseless lie, and the response is "hey, it's not like I'm trying to be friends with the guy."  lol.  It's beyond ridiculous.  You don't get it. 

Full steam ahead towards the ice berg!!

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

<yawn> Still voting Trump. Sorry, but not sorry. Don't care what fake news say. Or brainwashed NPCs with 10,000 word essays. 

To brainwashed NPCs, can you pass this quiz? 

Hoaxes.thumb.jpg.097d5c7bfc8a77392a3aa9935c58ab4e.jpg

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

I did not admit that I believe his indictments to be political.  I literally said "I don't know.  Some?" (...the question mark used to underscore my uncertainty.)

So your response to my question if you believe all, some, or none of his incitements to be legitimate and non-political is “some?”, but at the same time you don’t believe his indictments to be political?  Ans then recently you said you’re uncertain…talk about mental gymnastics!

11 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

I'm afraid his character flaws go far beyond being a "jerk."  Trump is a buffoon.  Willfully ignorant, petty, petulant, spiteful and jealous.  Selfish and self-serving.  Those are terrible, maybe even dangerous, traits for a President to have

The brain buster though is you just described Biden perfectly. Also easily described just about everyone in the political class. There’s the real problem in our country - we only run and elect people (in recent history) who fit these traits. So given that Biden and Trump are equal in shit character, might as well go with the guy who’s policies are more favorable for America and less favorable for our enemies. 

I don’t think you have TDS, I think you have only provided an assessment on one side while not doing (or at least not presenting) the same “balanced” assessment on the other side. As for this conservative, I’m not making excuses for trumps behavior, but I’m also not pretending the other guy has better character. So once again we’re forced to choose between a douche and a turd sandwich, so I’m taking the one with better and more effective policies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Sim said:

<yawn> Still voting Trump. Sorry, but not sorry. Don't care what fake news say. Or brainwashed NPCs with 10,000 word essays. 

To brainwashed NPCs, can you pass this quiz? 

Typical Trump fanboy.  Anything you don't want to hear immediately dismissed as ".....fAkE nEwS....." 

And "10,000 word essays"....nice.  Translation:  "I, like Trump, don't read.  Reading is difficult." 

As Trump says, he "loves the poorly educated."

To your laundry list of hoaxes, yes, idiots on both sides have unfortunately fallen for a lot of obvious lies.  You and your fellow MAGA "NPCs" can play bingo with the following:

The election was stolen;  Mike Lindell the Pillow Guy; Trump's going to 'drain the swamp'; COVID will go away by itself - probably by Easter; QANON; the Deep State; the vaccines are microchipped, Mexico will pay for the wall, Obama care will be replaced.....and on and on.

Go to a Trump rally, or watch Jan 6th footage, and tell me those people aren't brainwashed.

14 hours ago, HeloDude said:

So your response to my question if you believe all, some, or none of his incitements to be legitimate and non-political is “some?”, but at the same time you don’t believe his indictments to be political?  Ans then recently you said you’re uncertain…talk about mental gymnastics!

There's no mental gymnastics.  It's actually just mental capacity and reading comprehension on your end.  I get it -- this question about how many indictments are political is your clever little "gotcha."  Except you never actually articulate your point, so the gotcha never comes.

3 hours ago, brabus said:

The brain buster though is you just described Biden perfectly. Also easily described just about everyone in the political class. There’s the real problem in our country - we only run and elect people (in recent history) who fit these traits. 

Brabus, honestly, you can't be serious.  Biden is severely diminished, no doubt.  Anyone can see that.  He can barely formulate sentences, and often looks confused and lost.  It's really embarrassing, and only his (very few) die-hard fanatics pretend not to see it.  And I don't agree with Biden's policies and/or direction for the country. 

But to say that: "buffoon.  Willfully ignorant, petty, petulant, spiteful and jealous.  Selfish and self-serving" also describes him "perfectly" is ridiculous.  He doesn't have the mental capacity to even be those things if he wanted to.  Biden is a dementia patient, and a few of his remaining marbles are $hitty liberal talking points and ideas.  While I agree that he should not be President and I cannot vote for him, it's far from "equal in $hit character" to Trump.

And then to go on to lump all politicians into that category?  With all due respect, give me a break, man.  You think those traits describe DeSantis, Ramaswamy, and Haley?  Those 3 aren't perfect by any means, but come on, they're clearly not selfish without measure, willfully ignorant, and child-like in the way Trump is.  Not remotely close. 

I will never vote for a democrat because of their terrible ideas and policies.  I also cannot, in good conscience, cast a vote for Trump, which is why I wish desperately for Haley to be the nominee.  Given the circumstances, I would have gladly, with a big smile on my face, cast a vote for DeSantis, Ramaswamy, or Haley.  But here we are.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Not sure America can handle another Trump v Biden spit fest (case in point this thread, which I really enjoy but just shows how everyone is just stuck in their echo chambers)..2020 was horrible enough, and here we go again. However, as alluded to, America brought this on itself. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

you can't be serious

Completely serious. Biden is as big a POS human as the political class comes. Maybe look beyond his current dementia, going all the way back to the early days. He and his family (and many of the elite in the US) are selfish dirtbags who think they are above the law and better than all of us not in said elite class. If you can’t see that, I guess you actually do have TDS. Making excuses for Biden as if he’s a better human than Trump is ludicrous and uninformed. At best they’re both equally shit. 

I don’t put Desantis or Vivek in the political class (we’re taking people like Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, etc.) I actually don’t like Haley much, but while very much establishment, she is better than all the aforementioned names (not including Desantis/Vivek imo). In the end, I would have much rather seen Desantis, Vivek or Haley be the nominee, and would happily vote for any of them vs. the shitshow that the Dems are. But here we are, and I’m voting based on policy, not emotions. Votes driven by emotion is how we’ve arrived at this point. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

23 hours ago, Sim said:

<yawn> Still voting Trump. Sorry, but not sorry. Don't care what fake news say.

Words...

For you and anyone else walking in the Trump elephant train...

Trump shit on your Constitution and wiped his ass with your American flag.  Enjoy drinking his piss.

And Biden is just as fucking dishonorable.

PS. 3/4 of the tags I used when I created this thread over 7 years ago are still relevant, JFC.

Edited by disgruntledemployee
  • Like 2

https://voiceofoc.org/2024/01/ca-attorney-general-enforces-housing-mandates-on-orange-county-cities/

Overeach from the state government.   They want to turn OC and SD into LA and SF.  They want to fuck up the good that's left here in CA by forcing more people into the cities.  They are mandating (sounds gay) that cities in OC and SD make room for more people.  How does that sound.. ?  State overreach is how it is in CA.  Elect someone like Newsom and this will translate into more Federal government laws to keep the states from having any sort of independence from big  government.   

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The nit wit in chief is actually on TV touting the resulting of the investigation into his mishandling of classified information. 

He actually just said "Over my career in public service, I have always worked to protect America’s security. I take these issues seriously and no one has ever questioned that,

Some highlights from the report:

Special Counsel Bur described Biden as "a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory." 

The investigation "uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen."

"Mr. Biden wrote his 2007 and 2017 memoirs with the help of a ghostwriter. In a recorded conversation with his ghostwriter in February 2017, about a month after he left office, Mr. Biden said, while referencing his 2009 Thanksgiving memo, that he had "just found all the classified stuff downstairs." -  He knew and it was purposeful.

"Mr. Biden's ghostwriter and destruction of evidence. After learning of the special counsel's appointment in this matter, Mr. Biden's ghostwriter deleted audio recordings he had created of his discussions with Mr. Biden during the writing of Mr. Biden's 2017 memoir. The recordings had significant evidentiary value."

"Marked classified documents about Afghanistan. These documents from fall 2009 have classification markings up to the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information level. They were found in a box in Mr. Biden's Delaware garage that contained other materials of great personal significance to him and that he appears to have personally used and accessed."

• Thanks 1

Hur’s report describes Biden’s memory in damning terms, at one point stating that it “appeared to have significant limitations.”

"In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden’s memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended (“if it was 2013 – when did I stop being Vice President?”), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began (“in 2009, am I still Vice President?”). He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died. And his memory appeared hazy when describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him. Among other things, he mistakenly said he “had a real difference” of opinion with General Karl Eikenberry, when, in fact, Eikenberry was an ally whom Mr. Biden cited approvingly in his Thanksgiving memo to President Obama."

clearly biden is not in charge. this is obvious. and he is incompetent to be president now and in 2024.

https://www.mediaite.com/biden/elderly-man-with-a-poor-memory-devastating-doj-report-says-biden-did-not-remember-when-he-was-vice-president-and-when-his-son-died/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1