What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

3 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I think getting bent out of shape about this stuff is the gayest thing you can do. No one cares.

Who's bent out of shape? There's a whole spectrum of concern between being apathetic and being bent out of shape. I believe acknowledging a problem exists is the lowest level of concern one should have.

I'd rather debate a room full of Marxists than one apathetic individual.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein.
  • Like 1

On another forum, a Navy NFO stated there are some USAF jets with A2A kill silhouettes painted on them, from "kills" in exercises.  Can anyone confirm this?  Signs ridiculous... but in the AF of today, I can't rule it out. 
if true, probably part of some DEI program? 

On another forum, a Navy NFO stated there are some USAF jets with A2A kill silhouettes painted on them, from "kills" in exercises.  Can anyone confirm this?  Signs ridiculous... but in the AF of today, I can't rule it out. 

I thought there was an A-10 that gunned a raptor in an exercise that had the silhouette, but I feel like putting it on the side of the A-10 was part of the joke. Could be unrelated.
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Granted, I'm just a lowly herbivore but I think simulated kill silhouettes are beyond dumb.

But here is the Navy doing it in 2009:
Growler-Raptor-Kill.jpg

The pesky Germans in 2012 (and I don't believe they have any sense of humor):

df_3029_neuburg_18-07-12.jpg?resize=678,

But while we are the subject, another Growler just showed up with this:

Hind-kill-Growler.jpg?auto=webp&crop=16:https://www.twz.com/air/navy-ea-18g-growler-sports-puzzling-mi-24-hind-kill-mark-overseas

I don’t think any USAF silhouette is more than a joke if it’s not up holding tradition…but any tradition can be trumped by DEI such as the unilateral renaming of the F-35 demo pilot to something that sounds cooler. Tradition be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

So what was Mach before?

Not the first time: F-22,demo pilot a few years ago had his name changed for his 2 year public gig. 

And the Blues have done this a LOT. 

So what was Mach before?
Not the first time: F-22,demo pilot a few years ago had his name changed for his 2 year public gig. 

And the Blues have done this a LOT. 

Her given name was Crisis.

It happened real quick when she got to Hill.

She’s cool, doubt it was her doing but it’s very hush hush as to how/why it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Not from an exercise...I can assure you.

Kills.jpg

I count 63 bodies, but I thought the wedding only had 54 casualties?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Standby said:

I count 63 bodies, but I thought the wedding only had 54 casualties?

Each stick figure represents 10 kills, otherwise the entire plane would be covered.  No comment on the Wedding Party, except to say Prox (airbursting), 105MM's are great for cleaning off a ZU-23/2.  This reflects one rotation for this aircraft (probably 5-6 months), in the Mid 2000's.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Each stick figure represents 10 kills, otherwise the entire plane would be covered.  No comment on the Wedding Party, except to say Prox (airbursting), 105MM's are great for cleaning off a ZU-23/2.  This reflects one rotation for this aircraft (probably 5-6 months), in the Mid 2000's.

Ever any boats or other watercraft silhouetted?

And guess our Navy marks their boat's with Battle Stars (or Es) instead of silhouettes. 

Edited by Swizzle
Albeit exercise

27 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Dang, nice parry.

Posted (edited)

My friend was a combat controller.  He had a wedding tattooed on his back.  He helped call in the airstrike.  He also has a claymore with "front toward enemy" on his chest.  

Good dude.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Kills.jpg

72, I have a little combat time on it. This is the plane that did the semi split S in Desert Storm. Then pegged the g meter.

Parked at Cannon now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kills.thumb.jpg.53bbc43a1fcd5150c22964fccac8bd51.jpg

Point of order, this picture should be in the “What’s Right With the AF” thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, gearhog said:

IMG_9465.thumb.jpeg.06c26967cb9a4b486026fd352bffac84.jpeg

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/congress-wont-let-air-force-retire-t1s-might-accept-new-t-7s-built-without-contract/

.."defense bill won’t let the Air Force retire its T-1A Jayhawk trainers until the service’s new pilot training system is up and running and the Secretary of the Air Force certifies that retiring the jet won’t slow the pace."

Let's see how this ages...

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Anyone know the story behind this pic?

IMG_1261.jpeg

070919-F-7672L-001.thumb.jpeg.8293a4c8dfde229813d4c5c47ab4aa4d.jpeg

Edit: Special Ops Fighter Pilot Lieutenant Norris, after his first combat sortie. 

Edited by Biff_T
Update
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

070919-F-7672L-001.thumb.jpeg.8293a4c8dfde229813d4c5c47ab4aa4d.jpeg

Edit: Special Ops Fighter Pilot Lieutenant Norris, after his first combat sortie. 

As I recall that was his first FTU sortie power-up, yes? Not even taxied yet!