Latest Movies

B*D*A

Not sure you need to see it in 3D, I did, but from the slapstick Austin Powers joke about the guy on the computer terminal to the Hulk's excessive punches- It has some real laugh out loud w/ the whole theater moments. Great movie, even if you have no clue about the character's back stories.

Guest Grind

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Looks awesome

Edited by Grind

I'm sorry, but you can't replicate the awesome cold war action film Red Dawn. First I've heard of this nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia....awn_(2012_film)

Yep this was filmed almost 3 years ago. MGM had some money problems, filled bankruptcy, and a Chinese firm bought them out. Since then the producers were forced to digitally remove the Chinese invaders and change them to North Korean instead. What a wash... Release date is Nov 24 2012 though... Chris Hemmingway (Jed), Scarlett Johanson and many others in the film...

Edited by Surf70

Since then the producers were forced to digitally remove the Chinese invaders and change them to North Korean instead.

Thereby making the movie totally unbelievable and ruining the illusion. North Korea can't even feed its own people how the hell are the going to create a logistics bridge to support an occupation?

Thereby making the movie totally unbelievable and ruining the illusion. North Korea can't even feed its own people how the hell are the going to create a logistics bridge to support an occupation?

So a movie about aliens invading Earth, and Earth responding with a billionaire playboy using military-grade technology, a giant green monster, a character from Norse mythology, and a 90-year-old WWII vet is believable...but a North Korean invasion isn't?

So a movie about aliens invading Earth, and Earth responding with a billionaire playboy using military-grade technology, a giant green monster, a character from Norse mythology, and a 90-year-old WWII vet is believable...but a North Korean invasion isn't?

Congrats you just compared apples to Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

Congrats you just compared apples to Tuesday.

Sure...two fictional movies can't be compared. Got it.

I don't think the Red Dawn movie is going to be good, but I think the nationality of the invaders will be the least of its problems.

I thought someone already mentioned this Bobcat Goldthwait movie God Bless America on here, but I can find it.

Anyhow, I watched it last night while in Anaheim, and while it was a really black comedy, I did find it interesting and entertaining!

Loveless, jobless and possibly terminally ill, Frank has had enough of the downward spiral of America. With nothing left to lose, Frank takes his gun and decides to off the stupidest, cruelest and most repellent members of society with an unusual accomplice: 16-year-old Roxy, who shares his sense of rage and disenfranchisement. From stand-up comedian and director Bobcat Goldthwait comes a scathing and hilarious attack on all that is sacred in the United States of America.

Highly recommended, but not for the kids or liberals! :nob:

Another interesting Bobcat Goldthwait dark creation...World's Greatest Dad...and once again, not for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkGTjZccNE

Cheers! M2

Sure...two fictional movies can't be compared. Got it.

I don't think the Red Dawn movie is going to be good, but I think the nationality of the invaders will be the least of its problems.

One movie based on real world fears and our nations enemies another based on comic book created superheroes. Totally the same thing.

Guest Grind

Latest Will Ferrell movie. Looks good. Where does he find the time? New Anchorman, Armando Alvarez, and now this?

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone seen The Dictator yet? Any good?

A review from a retired Navy aviator (so he's gotta have a sense of humor) I work with confirmed my suspicions that it is funny in parts but (according to him) not as good as Borat...

I'll probably end up watching it on an overseas flight in the near future.

Cheers! M2

A review from a retired Navy aviator (so he's gotta have a sense of humor) I work with confirmed my suspicions that it is funny in parts but (according to him) not as good as Borat...

I'll probably end up watching it on an overseas flight in the near future.

Cheers! M2

Concur. Having seen it, I'd wait for Netflix or something.

Yes, all of those things are more realistic than a stateside NoDAK invasion.

Highly recommended, but not for the kids or liberals! :nob:

Another interesting Bobcat Goldthwait dark creation...World's Greatest Dad...and once again, not for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkGTjZccNE

Cheers! M2

I don't know if that was meant jokingly, but I don't get it... I consider myself quite liberal and loved this movie... dark/black comedies are my absolute favorite.

Speaking of which, if you like that type of film, definitely check-out "The Guard" (some Redbox locations have it). It was directed by the brother of the guy who directed "In Bruges"... both were shown and well-received at Sundance and Cannes...