matmacwc

What is right with the Air Force

42 minutes ago, M2 said:

That ain't shit.  Earlier this year our PST files got schwacked.  Nearly 12 years of archived emails gone in a flash. 

Now the kicker, turned out our J6 wasn't backing them up...

IF you haven't looked at 12 years of emails to this point, you never would have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

IF you haven't looked at 12 years of emails to this point, you never would have.

I did look at them, all the time.  While much of what we do is archived in our final reports and outbriefs, there was still a lot of mission info that resided in those emails.  I constantly got questions about details that I could find in those emails, but now they're gone. 

But not my problem, it was the government's responsibility to maintain those archives and now they've lost them.  I guess if Hillary could get away with it, they felt they could as well...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BFM this said:

You're being RIF'd?

No, we all still have 6-8 years left on our commitments depending on timing. UPT-D dudes got non vol to drones, did 2-3 years in drones and now all have to go back manned, some guys wanted to stay in drones for whatever reason, and were told no and are now being non vol back to manned. 

Im not one of those who wants to stay, but we are all about at that point we are getting upgrades to instructor and experienced in the community. No one really wanted to go drones, most of us tried are best and had good attitudes , I can’t immagine getting non vol to community, end up liking it and do really well, just to get non vol back to be a basic co pilot at square one. 

What are yalls opionions on the new my vector site? Us UPT-D guys are basically doing a FAIP drop to determine our futures, curious how this new system is being used. 

Very telling that a “what’s right with the AF” thread quickly sank into stories of what’s wrong.  The organization is broken, and no one below O-6 is causal. Some are contributing. 

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, M2 said:

I did look at them, all the time.  While much of what we do is archived in our final reports and outbriefs, there was still a lot of mission info that resided in those emails.  I constantly got questions about details that I could find in those emails, but now they're gone. 

But not my problem, it was the government's responsibility to maintain those archives and now they've lost them.  I guess if Hillary could get away with it, they felt they could as well...

Plus it's awesome to tell your coworkers, "yes, you did read that email and sent me a read receipt." Even 4 years later... 😄

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

Plus it's awesome to tell your coworkers, "yes, you did read that email and sent me a read receipt." Even 4 years later... 😄

D82D3714-A793-44C9-A988-93685970A667.jpeg

On 6/11/2018 at 10:43 PM, 17D_guy said:

J6...so not Air Forces fault.  Whew...

It is when the AF is the host, and own and run the networks...

12 hours ago, M2 said:

It is when the AF is the host, and own and run the networks...

Darn...so close.  Having dealt with these issues in the past, I wonder if the J6 went for funding the solution and no one wanted to pay or if this was just someone not doing their job.

In war on ‘queep,’ Air Force aims to give squadron commanders new weapons

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/06/18/in-war-on-queep-air-force-aims-to-give-squadron-commanders-new-weapons/

Queep example - WG/CC has every officer on the entire base fill out a court member data form. Who has the most officers? Flying squadrons. This WG/CC made a tough decision and probably loses sleep over queep. Definitely 2 star material for sure. How about a software program for JA to pull SURF and ribbon data into a format specifically for them? So I don't have to waste time filling this sh...t out.

Pilots, you can find the exit doors to your left and right, just follow the emergency lighting. Please put your masks on first before helping any of the Lts. Your seat cushion can be utilized as a floatation device if you want to float away from this constant BS!

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Like 1