Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

2 hours ago, General Chang said:

Now we start with racist comments.  Lovely.  Diversity is the way of the future, you pansy.  You people need to get on-board with the new Air Force, or get flippin’ lost now.

What do you mean, you people?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, General Chang said:

Now we start with racist comments.  Lovely.  Diversity is the way of the future, you pansy.  You people need to get on-board with the new Air Force, or get flippin’ lost now.

As a straight white guy, I'm prepared to accept a TERA offer to make room for a more diverse officer.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, General Chang said:

Mediocre level trolling, you're better than this Chang.  Anywho, I was happy to get lost this year, though it had nothing to do with diversity initiatives.  My great-great-great grandma was full blooded Shawnee Indian, so I appreciate these initiatives that help my people. :flag_waving:

On another note, and maybe this is good enough topic for to warrant a separate thread.  The Officer corps is getting d-u-m...dum!

[mention=4348]tac airlifter[/mention] hey man, I'm in a similar boat with a couple CJOs and separating this fall.  I've been planning for this and amassed a big leave total since we were allowed with the COVID overages.  I'm planning over a hundred days of terminal, but right now it's biting me in the ass because I can't get orders in a timely manner.  If I'm lucky I'll have them less than 30 days before starting terminal.  I was wondering if something like indoc on personal leave was possible, but figured I'd have to do that form allowing me to have a second job.  How'd you get that all to work out? DM me if you'd rather message off the public forum.  Thanks in advance.  

AA didn’t care what type of leave I was on so long as I had a valid leave period covering whatever paid duty I was performing

Same boat I was in, f ton of leave, I was on leave 1 extra day either side of my indoc, tng, trip, whatever

FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly related to the bonus, but to flight pay...my counterpart here in the office got an email from the local HARM shop that aviators in "Career Enhancing Assignments" (basically, any non-flying job that isn't coded specifically for a rated officer) would have flight pay terminated after 48 months, regardless of how many gate months you had.  The guy referenced AFMAN 11-421 and said it over-rode AFMAN 11-402.

This seems counter to the entire idea of meeting gate months to get continuous flight pay.

Anyone else heard about this?

37 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Not exactly related to the bonus, but to flight pay...my counterpart here in the office got an email from the local HARM shop that aviators in "Career Enhancing Assignments" (basically, any non-flying job that isn't coded specifically for a rated officer) would have flight pay terminated after 48 months, regardless of how many gate months you had.  The guy referenced AFMAN 11-421 and said it over-rode AFMAN 11-402.

This seems counter to the entire idea of meeting gate months to get continuous flight pay.

Seems correct, but it also sounds like a CEA should normally end before 48 months.

6.2.4.5. Rated officers (except flight surgeons) on active AOs may continue to receive AvIP while assigned to the following assignments:
6.2.4.5.1. A joint assignment or position on the joint duty assignment list.
6.2.4.5.2. Attending resident professional military education or a fully funded graduate education program authorized by the Secretary of the Air Force.
6.2.4.5.3. Non-flying positions that require rated expertise.
6.2.4.5.4. Career-enhancing assignments outside of aviation service that does not require rated expertise or performance of in-flight duties for a period not to exceed 48- consecutive months. If a member is in a career-enhancing assignment for more than 48-consecutive months in accordance with DoDI 7730.67, HARM offices must assign ASC ‘04’ until the member is assigned to a position that either requires rated expertise or performance of in-flight duties..............The servicing HARM office will utilize ARMS and ad hoc reports to track a member assigned FSC “V” to ensure continuous AvIP is stopped when the member exceeds 48-consecutive months in the FSC “V” status. (T-1)

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Seen it, checks. The CEA pumpkin timer! Don't go enhancing yourself for more than 48 months at the expense of a thinner pocketbook. 

41 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

Seen it, checks. The CEA pumpkin timer! Don't go enhancing yourself for more than 48 months at the expense of a thinner pocketbook. 

So...the gate months and continuous flight pay are meaningless is what I'm hearing.

2 hours ago, bad_timing said:

For those who did an Initial bonus contract this FY, when did you receive your first payment relative to your contract "effective date"?

I know of two guys that were in the same class so their bonus would arrive the same day (in theory). One got it the Friday prior (USAA) and the other guys arrived the following Wednesday. FWIW.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, pawnman said:

So...the gate months and continuous flight pay are meaningless is what I'm hearing.

A normal set of orders is usually 36 months, and extending a year can be common. My between-the-lines interpretation is that this rule ensures a pilot doesn’t go career enhancing and decide to never go back to flying, or an aviation related billet, while being able to collect flight pay forever. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bigred said:

A normal set of orders is usually 36 months, and extending a year can be common. My between-the-lines interpretation is that this rule ensures a pilot doesn’t go career enhancing and decide to never go back to flying, or an aviation related billet, while being able to collect flight pay forever. 

For example some joint non-rated-required joint staff tours or OCONUS non-flying accompanied = 36m

Or some controlled teaching tours are 24, 36, or 48 months...

Or some education programs (i.e. Masters/PhD) could be 24-36m or longer

Or like how the AU Fellowships for IDE/SDE used to be 2+1y =36m (but those were exempted as PME, but did change ones ASC at the HARM...however if you extended in-place too long after PME and your ASC chang(es/ed)....!!!)

....its all tabulated monthly as rated payback and reported to Congress eventually as utilizing rated forces, AND FUNDING, effectively 

There is always a 'pumpkin' timer!!..even a personal one, especially noticeable lately in people around ~17 YaS/TAFMSD, those salty, grumpy people...Caveat Emptor!

11 hours ago, Bigred said:

I always thought that was the whole point of continuous flight pay. 

Would have been nice if this had ever been brought up at any point before I left the flying community. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, doubleu said:

Anyone hearing any updates to the monthly aviation incentive pay rate increase arriving anytime soon? You would think any updated table would be released as we enter the new FY…

Need a budget for that. And you need a Speaker to pass a budget. 

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile in the guard you can get $50k for 3 years…and not be on AD. The AD gave up on retention a long time ago. The bonus sways zero people to stay in; 100% of takers were going to stay in anyways and the money was just icing on the cake. Change my mind. 

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

wondering if anyone here knows much about the new Rated Demonstration program bonus for this FY?

I'm currently a former CSO  going through UPT with a ADSC til FY25. At first glance at this PSDM it looked like I wouldn't be eligible but looking at it further I can't find anywhere it flat out says I'm ineligible. Specifically under the ETP section where it mentions "aviators who are currently in UFT who have not incurred the UFT ADSC" may request an ETP. Not sure who else that sentence would apply for other than cross-training folks.

I know its a long shot but I'm not gunna not ask, seeing as how they've got my ass for the full twenty either way...

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ganderly8 said:

Hello,

wondering if anyone here knows much about the new Rated Demonstration program bonus for this FY?

I'm currently a former CSO  going through UPT with a ADSC til FY25. At first glance at this PSDM it looked like I wouldn't be eligible but looking at it further I can't find anywhere it flat out says I'm ineligible. Specifically under the ETP section where it mentions "aviators who are currently in UFT who have not incurred the UFT ADSC" may request an ETP. Not sure who else that sentence would apply for other than cross-training folks.

I know its a long shot but I'm not gunna not ask, seeing as how they've got my ass for the full twenty either way...

Thanks!

don't you already incur 10 years additional ADSC after UPT?