VRRAD is Back!!

M2

8 hours ago, General Chang said:

3 words:  SERVICE BEFORE SELF.

2 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

This. 

The paradox is there can be no service without self. People are advocating for balance between service and self. It's a value proposition. And obviously the Services' haven't found an equilibrium with volunteers.

The individual, the self, is the basis upon which service made.  So, @General Chang @BashiChuni how do define yourselves?  What do you value?  Especially if what you value and what you do defines yourself, please answer.  Is it family? Self autonomy? Ameanable living conditions? What balance, if any, do you require for their to be a self to serve?

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

Service time does count apparently.  Not sure where I heard that it didn't.  

There was an initial message, later corrected, that said VRRAD did not count towards TIS.  I heard it as well.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HeloDude said:

I don’t understand why the AF needs to do this to fix their problems when they can just continue to implement DEI programs instead 🤷‍♂️ 

Yeeeeaaaaaah, I thought the whole purpose of DEI was this notion that there were massive sources of untapped talent out there just waiting to be accessed...a veritable HR gold rush if you will.

Am I to believe it's not going as expected???

Nothing says diversity quite like hiring back the same people who already worked here once upon a time.

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I spoke to an O-6 yesterday and he said about 40 had signed up.  I asked if any were pilots and he said "yes".  But that's about all I found out.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, di1630 said:

A guy who retired a few years back, and is flying airlines applied because he is just missing flying fighters.

I would guess this is all they are really trying to grab up.  Small numbers, but free chicken.  Probably a handful of folks' pet project.

8 hours ago, di1630 said:

A guy who retired a few years back, and is flying airlines applied because he is just missing flying fighters

No way they let him come back to fly fighters. I wouldn’t want him, unless he’s a phenomenal dude who’s going to be a badass OG or WG/CC, and the AF isn’t going to let him be one of those. I hope he realizes working on staff or in an AOC is not going to scratch the “I miss fighters” itch. 

8 hours ago, di1630 said:

A guy who retired a few years back, and is flying airlines applied because he is just missing flying fighters.

Is he trying to get a leave of absence approved with the airline or just going to quit?

No way they let him come back to fly fighters. I wouldn’t want him, unless he’s a phenomenal dude who’s going to be a badass OG or WG/CC, and the AF isn’t going to let him be one of those. I hope he realizes working on staff or in an AOC is not going to scratch the “I miss fighters” itch. 

I’m following the process and will keep you guys updated.

Honestly knowing the guy, I think he’d be spun up to be an FTU IP pretty quick and do it better than some of the foreigners we have to spin up.

I wouldn’t think we’d waste 6 months TX/IPUG for 1.5 yrs of instruction…..then I realize it’s the USAF so economics make no sense. I’ve seen worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:42 AM, Swizzle said:

The paradox is there can be no service without self. People are advocating for balance between service and self. It's a value proposition. And obviously the Services' haven't found an equilibrium with volunteers.

The individual, the self, is the basis upon which service made.  So, @General Chang @BashiChuni how do define yourselves?  What do you value?  Especially if what you value and what you do defines yourself, please answer.  Is it family? Self autonomy? Ameanable living conditions? What balance, if any, do you require for their to be a self to serve?

first of all general chang is the finest flag officer i have had the privilege of knowing. his commitment to this country is ironclad.

second, to answer your question, when retired service members see the recruiting numbers are in trouble, and the air force puts out a call to help, you are duty (dare i say honor) bound to put your civilian career aside and serve. you signed a oath for life and should honor that oath.

• Haha 3